Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tires if cost didn't matter Michelin super sport

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
^^^Are the 'Track Connect' ones shaved to more of a slick tread, or are they a whole different compound/tread pattern?

Yeah, I probably would not even chance those crunchy carbon wheels on either the street OR a road course, given their rarity and $$$$. [wink] [:(]
I wouldn’t know. The first thing I did was to take those CF exotics with their bubble gum tires off. Been sitting on a rack ever since - I have to move them every so often to avoid a permanent crease on the tires....

Bought a set of Project 6GR wheels that are almost identical to the OEM, shod with PSS - all for less than the cost of a single stock wheel. She’s a garage queen and I’m just a poseur. Well, when it comes to that one, at least.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
Tyre review on YouTube did a great review of these two tires pitted against each other in a Focus ST.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
Yup. Saw that vid. They tried their hardest not to knock the non S, but you could still tell how they felt about it in comparison to the S
It's interesting to me that you like the Bridgestone tires. What climate are you running them in? Non-stop or have you switched out for the winter?

I ask because it seems that mine have gone completely hard after only 10k with plenty of life left since I switch out for a winter setup for ~5 months of the year. Now that the weather is dry, I've been trying to push them and get no squeal, no grip. I start to lose control as if the asphalt is covered in dust, but even on clean roads I get that same slow and vague loss of control. I've tested the same scenarios in a fiesta equipped with the all season Michelin as3+ and felt I had much better feel and control. It was a lot easier to feel confident in that car.

If money was no object I would probably try the a052, as they are at the $200 price point. Direzza Ziii and rt660 still seem competitive and at a better price as far as my research goes. I personally can't wait for the excuse to replace the Bridgestone tires with something else.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk
Maybe you stored yours in a cold garage, idk. I've always kept my off-season wheels in my hallway closet (apt life [emoji19]), which is of course always about 65+ degrees.

The Bridgestones are quite sensitive to temperature, like most summer tires are. But I do think these are even more so.

Bridgestones in particular are known for cracking in between treads if left in cold weather for too long.