Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tires?

Ive been searching for a better tire option for my Fiesta but can't seem to find many options.

I'm currently on 205/50/16 RE71R but have almost no traction in Second gear and was hoping someone could give me some better options. I'd like to step up to a 225 or 235 in a 45/16 in something with a softer compound if possible?

Car is around 330 whp and is gonna be around 370-380 soon when the tune is done, on an s280 turbo with e40 and aux fuel

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The Yokohama A052s, in a 225/45-16 size could potentially give more grip than your current Potenzas (while wearing MUCH faster, of course).

But, if you are lowered at all, you WILL rub on the fender liners/fender mounting points. [:(]

Dekagrams?? Which wheel?

dmb

I had Mich, pilot sport 3's and i couldn't go over a bridge with a stop light at the bottom under boost they would just spin and didn't last very long either. then I bought some cheep 200 tread wear and my problem was solved and they are lasting longer than those $150 PS3's and they stick like glue. those salesmen's job is to sell money makers but a 2,700# turbo car needs sticky tires above all IMHO good luck Dennis

OP
L
Thread Starter #5
The Yokohama A052s, in a 225/45-16 size could potentially give more grip than your current Potenzas (while wearing MUCH faster, of course).

But, if you are lowered at all, you WILL rub on the fender liners/fender mounting points. [:(]

Dekagrams?? Which wheel?
Yes dekagrams. Also have a set of 17x8 hypergrams but those have my daily crap tires on them.

I have coilovers with adjustable camber and -2 degrees up front already, getting some camber plates in the back too so 225/45 won't rub and if it does it'll only be a tiny bit which I'm OK with since my 205/50/16 already rub a tiny bit under extreme cornering / bumps while cornering.

I saw that R888R's come in 225/45/16 and it's $550ish per set, so that'll probably what I have to get I suppose. I was hoping to find a more like drag-style tire without getting a full blown radial, but it doesn't seem like too many tires like that come in our sizes.

OP
L
Thread Starter #6
I had Mich, pilot sport 3's and i couldn't go over a bridge with a stop light at the bottom under boost they would just spin and didn't last very long either. then I bought some cheep 200 tread wear and my problem was solved and they are lasting longer than those $150 PS3's and they stick like glue. those salesmen's job is to sell money makers but a 2,700# turbo car needs sticky tires above all IMHO good luck Dennis
I'm already on 200 TW tires, the car just makes stupid power and doesn't hook anymore. I'm making 2x the stock power at the wheels basically, lol

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yes, the 100 tread wear R888Rs have your name written all over them, between the sticky compound, their almost slick tread pattern, and the slightly softer side walls that so many of the open track/autocross peeps complain about, and rag on them for, but which will help you out on launches. [thumb]

They would probably be the best you could do before a full-on Hoosier drag radial or such (which would handle like pure shit on the street).

Their only real drawback is their relatively narrow tread width as compared to some other 225/45-16s, but their compound will make up for that somewhat.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
You might want to try Federal RS Pro’s . They are pretty nice and affordable sticky as hell. Another one I would consider trying is the Nanking NS2r’s they are kinda new on the scene but they have a stiff sidewall and grip tenaciously of course they are about equal with 888R’s as far as noise factor goe.
I happen to be running the RS Pro’s and while I do not put the HP numbers you put down I can tell you these things in the corners are grip city.

Also both the Feddys and the Nankings run superwide. So if you get a 225 its closer to a 245 or larger. lol
There is also the Nanking AR1‘s which are 100 treadware and are step up from the NS2r’s lol. Feddy also has a track tire like the Ar1 I believe its called the FZ. Same deal 100 treadware literally straight up track tires that have a little bit of tread lol.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, I forgot about the 100/200 tread wear Nankangs, and YES, they are wider in tread width than anything else out there in the same sizes, while being about the cost of the R888Rs. [thumb]

OP
L
Thread Starter #10
T
You might want to try Federal RS Pro’s . They are pretty nice and affordable sticky as hell. Another one I would consider trying is the Nanking NS2r’s they are kinda new on the scene but they have a stiff sidewall and grip tenaciously of course they are about equal with 888R’s as far as noise factor goe.
I happen to be running the RS Pro’s and while I do not put the HP numbers you put down I can tell you these things in the corners are grip city.

Also both the Feddys and the Nankings run superwide. So if you get a 225 its closer to a 245 or larger. lol
There is also the Nanking AR1‘s which are 100 treadware and are step up from the NS2r’s lol. Feddy also has a track tire like the Ar1 I believe its called the FZ. Same deal 100 treadware literally straight up track tires that have a little bit of tread lol.
The rs pro doesn't come in a size I want, and the Re71r I run now are better than the rs pro.

Where can I get some nankang ar1s in the US? I only saw UK stuff when I tried looking into them.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
T

The rs pro doesn't come in a size I want, and the Re71r I run now are better than the rs pro.

Where can I get some nankang ar1s in the US? I only saw UK stuff when I tried looking into them.
RS Pro’s are a lot cheaper and I do not thing one loses enough performance to warrant spending the extra dime. IMO.
As for the NanKangs R sport would be where I saw them here in SoCal they are on Facebook.

One option would be to go down to a 15" wheel, which may make clearance for a 225 series tire easier. I've run both Rival S1.5s and Falken RT660s in 225/45R15 on Swifts with no issues.