Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Took my car in for recall they said they where installing a egr on my car?

ROCKYFiestta

hey everybody i took my car in yesterday for the recall have the 14' model day 2 they still have my car. it went in for the coolant temp sensor recall that causes fires/cylinderhead failure. they said at the dealer they where going to install a egr on my car? i was like wtfbbq? is there an egr in the fist first of all and is this something that has been done to any of your cars?

I had mine in for the recall, it took 2 full days, they didn't go too in depth with me about what all was changing. I knew roughly what was going to be done by reading through the escape recall info posted here somewhere. Something kind of weird though, when I drop a couple gears to pass and take it pretty high in the rev range, I get a smell like the car is running rich, this never happened before, and my car is at like 95,000 km. I wonder if an egr could influence something like that.

me32

1000 Post Club
I had mine in for the recall, it took 2 full days, they didn't go too in depth with me about what all was changing. I knew roughly what was going to be done by reading through the escape recall info posted here somewhere. Something kind of weird though, when I drop a couple gears to pass and take it pretty high in the rev range, I get a smell like the car is running rich, this never happened before, and my car is at like 95,000 km. I wonder if an egr could influence something like that.
Possibe tune updates when they flashed it. It may still be re learning

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The EGR you speak of is the name/description of the part kits used in this recall.
It does have nothing to do with the EGR system (go figure).

The recall only adds a coolant level sensor and programs the PCM to read it.
Of course there were some other items changed as well, like the tank and hoses to accommodate the sensor's install.

You guys are lucky, my car took 8 days (busy dealership).
However, I was given a brand new '18 Fusion as a loner.

My cay runs and acts as perfect as when I brought it in.

Dave

got my car back and i am very highly disappointed with ford right now. car now has a nice thudding vibration in the passenger side front under the hood i asked dealer wtf happened they said to bring it in and i will have to pay for them to look it over. i said it didnt that before i dropped off the car. as well when i stopped at the gas station after i left the dealer i popped the hood open to see what the heck they did found 3 broken round retaining clips smashed to shit when they closed the hood they never even put them in the holes!
also the car drives slow as fk feels like a single cam non vtec civic from the 90s' thats how slow it drives. i have to wind it up to 6k to get anywhere.
well ford you definitely lost a customer for life.
so upset im going to trade this shitbox in for a golf gti this weekend.
You're blaming the manufacturer for the dealer's mistakes? That makes no sense at all.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Business6

Having just had the recall performed I looked at the invoice and it said:

Kit EGR System Modification
H1BZ*9P449*F
GV6Z*9P449*C

Also has a wire assembly in there as well, for reference. Having a lot of vibration at 50+mph as I had them rotate the tires, too. Gotta look again to see if they have them oriented incorrectly, lol

wont waste my time with ford ever and their super shit service.
Call up another dealer to see if theyā€™ll make it right before you trade it in on something else. You went to the wrong dealer. Donā€™t blame the whole company for one stealership. Now if youā€™ve always wanted a GTI then maybe bows the time to do it. I drove both back to back and much prefer the Fist.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #16
the two ford dealers in town are owned by the same company phil long i would have to driver over 100 miles to another city. to old to be dealing with this garbage and im not that nice and in control when i am this upset. so god dam mad even my dam dogs where hiding under the bed from me when i came home.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I'd complain to Ford and document their fails. Why let them get away with it? They'll just bully the next customer into getting rid of their car too.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

maybe i will look into one of those girlie looking mazdaspeed 3 instead anything is going to be better at this point.
I've owned a speed3 and GTI previously and have driven all the recent generations. Out of those two, if you want a car closer to the Fist get the speed3. If you want less issues and a car that's had all the tuning and modifications sorted out get the speed3. I recommend looking at BNR for a turbo upgrade. The GTI has its issues, isn't as raw or fun and is more expensive to maintain BUT it's a better car if you're looking for one car that does everything well instead of the speed3 that does performance well. GTI has more tech too, better interior, more plush ride and a better sound system. Also I prefer the MS3 community (at least back when I had one) it was very similar to this one if not better in some ways.