Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Torn induction hose

Spork1569

Anybody else have an experience with a tear on their silicone induction hose? Just installed a couple weeks back and when I went to install my OCC I noticed there was a hole near where the evap line connects.

Albeit a small tear I went back to stock while I contact regarding maybe an exchange, just find it a bit odd if this is a design flaw in the hose maybe?

My theory is the evap system was putting too much pressure on the hose connection and thus that's why it occurred. The hose sits just as the stock one does which sucks that this happened.

Just ordered the woosh crossover pipe and about ready to buy the ST200 intake but guess my intake noises will have to wait a bit 😭.

Attachments

I’m about to order this for mine. Hoping it is a fluke? Keep us informed on how it is handled.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #3
I’m about to order this for mine. Hoping it is a fluke? Keep us informed on how it is handled.

Will do, I too hope it's a fluke and not a design flaw I actually really like the option of having a hose without swapping the whole evap harness.

Will do, I too hope it's a fluke and not a design flaw I actually really like the option of having a hose without swapping the whole evap harness.
I agree. I just picked up my 19’ and was disappointed to find out that some of the mods are for the older cars and possibly don’t even fit the newer cars..[emoji37] the harness swap seems hit or miss as it may also cause a CEL.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have the same piece. No issues.
Probably just a bad one. You don't hear about these failing much.

Don't let them cheap out and replace just the little jigger, or the hose. Replace the unit as one piece.
If you have a preferred color, get that. They owe you.

Last edited:
OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #6
I have the same piece. No issues.
Probably just a bad one. You don't hear about these failing much.

Don't let them cheap out and replace just the little jigger, or the hose. Replace the unit as one piece.
If you have a preferred color, get that.
When you installed yours did you feel like the evap harness was pushing back against the induction hose? I tried to orient it many ways but no matter what there was always some slight pressure against it. Same with the OEM induction hose but that one is a lot more sturdy where the connections are made.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
When you installed yours did you feel like the evap harness was pushing back against the induction hose? I tried to orient it many ways but no matter what there was always some slight pressure against it. Same with the OEM induction hose but that one is a lot more sturdy where the connections are made.
Mine felt exactly like stock. Had it on perfect in minutes. There's some defect in yours, and they should send you a complete new one, pronto.
If they want the old one back, they pay to ship it.
It's called quality control.

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #8
Mine felt exactly like stock. Had it on perfect in minutes. There's some defect in yours, and they should send you a complete new one, pronto.
If they want the old one back, they pay to ship it.
It's called quality control.
Good to know it's not the usual experience then. Thanks for the input and I'm waiting to hear back from them probably tommorow since it's past closing.

VirtualRonin

Active Military
My Mountune intake hose has a similar issue. I only noticed the issue recently through. I've had this intake hose for about 3 years now. Mine didn't tear like yours but when I flex the aluminum vacuum tube around you can clearly see it isn't bonded to the silicone hose anymore, plus it's worn a hole on the inside of the intake hose. I used some Gorilla glue to bond the vacuum tube and the silicon hose together to seal it up for the time being until my replacement intake hose arrives.

I ordered a Peron intake hose which is similar to the Whoosh intake hose, both of which appear to have a better design for that vacuum connection.

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #10
My Mountune intake hose has a similar issue. I only noticed the issue recently through. I've had this intake hose for about 3 years now. Mine didn't tear like yours but when I flex the aluminum vacuum tube around you can clearly see it isn't bonded to the silicone hose anymore, plus it's worn a hole on the inside of the intake hose. I used some Gorilla glue to bond the vacuum tube and the silicon hose together to seal it up for the time being until my replacement intake hose arrives.

I ordered a Peron intake hose which is similar to the Whoosh intake hose, both of which appear to have a better design for that vacuum connection.

If it's a common issue then gorilla glue may be my next option. Does it hold up to the heat of the engine bay OK?

VirtualRonin

Active Military
If it's a common issue then gorilla glue may be my next option. Does it hold up to the heat of the engine bay OK?
I just applied it last week, seems to be doing ok so far. I tried superglue 2 moths ago when I first noticed it but it didn't hold up.

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #12
I just applied it last week, seems to be doing ok so far. I tried superglue 2 moths ago when I first noticed it but it didn't hold up.

Cool if all else fails I know I can count on that at least lol.

I agree. I just picked up my 19’ and was disappointed to find out that some of the mods are for the older cars and possibly don’t even fit the newer cars..[emoji37] the harness swap seems hit or miss as it may also cause a CEL.

I just did the harness swap with my 19 when I put in my St 200 airbox , induction hose and symposer delete and no CEL . It maybe the work around hose kit that's hit or miss but what I put on is the exact Ford replacement for the 17's and down . The only hard part was getting it to clamp on at the firewall and the nipple on the induction hose wanting to move in some . But I held it in place with some needle nose pliers to keep it from moving and it clipped right on .

I just did the harness swap with my 19 when I put in my St 200 airbox , induction hose and symposer delete and no CEL . It maybe the work around hose kit that's hit or miss but what I put on is the exact Ford replacement for the 17's and down . The only hard part was getting it to clamp on at the firewall and the nipple on the induction hose wanting to move in some . But I held it in place with some needle nose pliers to keep it from moving and it clipped right on .
Are you guys referring the evap line swap so the older intakes work?

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #15
Are you guys referring the evap line swap so the older intakes work?
I think so. From what I have heard it can be hit or miss whether a code is thrown, and thus why I opted for the mountune option.

Ah ok, I was seeing harness swap so I was thinking some wiring was being swapped around, the evap line swap worked perfect on mine.

karp

Is Mountune going to replace it for you? I was considering buying this part, the next time they have a sale.

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #19
Is Mountune going to replace it for you? I was considering buying this part, the next time they have a sale.
Had to bother them a bit(didn't hear from them for 2 days so had to call and email twice) but they said it should ship out the replacement today with a shipping label to return the other one.

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #20
Well so far no such luck with Mountune customer service. Haven't had a single response to either of my emails and every time I call just seems like false promises.

First time they told me I'd get an email response by the end of the day. I felt I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and waited to the end of the day, nothing.

I call again the following day, explain what happened before. They say a replacement with a shipping label to return the old one will be shipped either by the end of the day, if not by the next day. I understood again as I called around 3:00 PM so the business day was almost over. No notification of anything by the end of today and still no reply at all to my original inquiry email.

Maybe I've been spoiled by other vendors but it just stinks to feel like such a reputable brand is dropping the ball on customer service, especially since the Mountune stuff isn't cheap compared to others as we all know.

Guess I'll try one last call tommorow and hope I can actually get a tracking number or some confirmation of shipment, otherwise guess I'll have to go with the gorilla glue method.

Love the product from the short time I had it on but the experience so far just trying to get an exchange has kind of left a sour taste in my mouth.