Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

TPMS - Won't Program

I just had some new wheels and TPMS modules installed and I cannot get the sensors to program.
- I have a 2019 FIRST
- I purchased TPMS modules (DE8T-1A180-AA)
- I had the wheels installed at a firestone (they could not get the sensors to program with their tool)
- I have a TPMS-19 Tool and cannot get it to program with that either

I am able to get the car into program/lean mode. (Both with the ignition and hazard light methods.

I drove around for about 35 minutes and finally got the TPMS failure and then tried again - still can't get it to actually program. - I am at a loss

Does anyone have any pointers? Maybe those modules aren't compatible with the 2019?

OP
C
Thread Starter #3
Most of the time I believe the DE8T-1A180-AA will trigger on 2017-2019 but is actually meant for 2014-2016.

2017-2019 is TPMS-12
9L3Z-1A189-A

if you go to parts.ford enter your vin and you can verify the correct part #

https://www.ebay.com/itm/264836078367
Man, I am not sure what to think, other than I know so far it doesn't work.

The Listing for the Sensors I bought give a Description of the

OEM: 9L3T-1A180-BB
CM5T-1A180-AA
9L3Z-1A189-A
DE8T-1A180-AA
TPMS-12
9L3T-1A180-AE
CM5T1A180AA
9L3Z1A189A
ZZDA37140
DE8T-1A150-AA

But they definitely say DE8T-1A180-AA on it

1619812706155.png

And you are right, the Ford Parts site claims - TPMS-12

1619812356848.png

Fiestig

How far have you driven? My first set I had installed with new wheels in 2017 popped the light at a few hundred miles after install, went back to the installer and said that they just needed to wake up, they did their thing again and still good to this day on those wheels

OP
C
Thread Starter #7
How far have you driven? My first set I had installed with new wheels in 2017 popped the light at a few hundred miles after install, went back to the installer and said that they just needed to wake up, they did their thing again and still good to this day on those wheels
I am probably 120-140 miles so far. Did anything happen that mad you realize it would work, or did you just keep trying every now and again?

Buy the magnet tool and do it yourself *

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Is this the same as the TPMS-19 tool I have been using (well, trying to use)

Are you able to program some sensors? or none of them?
I am not able to program any of them

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is there a Discount tire near you? I have found them to be super helpful even though you may have not bought products from them. Hell.... I even brought tires to them to install and they offered a warranty on my tires through them even though I didn't purchase them there. It's worth a shot*

I am probably 120-140 miles so far. Did anything happen that mad you realize it would work, or did you just keep trying every now and again?

Is this the same as the TPMS-19 tool I have been using (well, trying to use)

I am not able to program any of them
Did you try programming out of order? I had this issue and my front driver side sensor was dead on arrival, so when I followed the programming sequence, it made it seem like nothing was working.

I found that out when I tried programming out of order and every other sensor worked. Bought my sensors from eBay seller that made it seem like OEM but on closer inspection, they really weren’t.

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Make sure the tires pressure are set correctly also*

OP
C
Thread Starter #14
Did you try programming out of order? I had this issue and my front driver side sensor was dead on arrival, so when I followed the programming sequence, it made it seem like nothing was working.

I found that out when I tried programming out of order and every other sensor worked. Bought my sensors from eBay seller that made it seem like OEM but on closer inspection, they really weren’t.
Yeah, I have tried doing all of them 1st.

Make sure the tires pressure are set correctly also*
Hmmm, I have not verified that.... What are the proper tire pressures?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah, I have tried doing all of them 1st.

Hmmm, I have not verified that.... What are the proper tire pressures?
Cold....39 psi in front and 36psi in rear* may need to check the B-pillar placard on the drivers identified to verify. I don't know if they changed between years mine is a 15'.

OP
C
Thread Starter #16
Cold....39 psi in front and 36psi in rear* may need to check the B-pillar placard on the drivers identified to verify. I don't know if they changed between years mine is a 15'.

Thanks for the info.

I had the car at the dealership today getting the passenger motor mount replaced under warranty. They said the system was fine, but they couldn't identify the sensors.

Looks like I'm gonna have to deal with that until it's time to replace the tires.