Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trading z06 for a fost or fist?

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thinking about hopping into a 2015 focus st or possibly a new fist. The corvette is not really a good daily, but the fiesta st felt a bit lacking interrior wise. If I do trade in I'm most likely immediately drop 8-9k to build it to 400 whp as I can't stand letting a mustang gt walk me.

What's your opinion on the new 2015 focus st with new gearing, suspension, power assisted steering and front refresh?

me32

1000 Post Club
Im surprised your ready to leave the vette you just picked up. The new fost looks good but without driving it hard to say.

iso100

1000 Post Club
Yikes, talk about taking a depreciation hit to the nards!

Wow op surprised your considering this. But if you go the fist route again my .02c is either order a fully loaded 2015 or find a fully loaded 2014 lot model. Now at least the atp stuff is finally available so building a fast little pocket rocket is possible.
If you go the fost route well I would definitely order a loaded 2015 as the redesign is killer looking imo. And the aftermarket is much stronger for the fost at this point.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
Given the circumstances I would definitely go with the FoST. The interior and ride are much nicer, power is better from the factory, and it's fully supported by the aftermarket companies. You give up some of the driver feel, but gain everywhere else.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Well if nothing else you got BALLs son remind me of me .. Life is to short to drive a car you not real happy with or at least think you are not ;) .. As stated Have not heard anything on the new FoST so can't say. A few places are starting to make intake and exhaust manifold for the FiST now I forget the exhaust but I saw But I see Breedt now has picked up a FiST and is making parts like this for us too or at least says they are ;) Breedt Product Design

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #7
the 2015 focus st is getting a redesigned 2.0 with a twin scroll turbo, so I'll be in the same game where I was with the fiesta waiting impatiently for mods lol. I had everything done to my fiesta except for the cai. Now some guy on this forum owns my old fiesta st.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #8
I think I may get another FiST and build it to 315 fwhp using th atp kit , joes intercooler, cobbs intake and joes TBE. Really cheap stuff and the stock clutch is good for like 350 wtq. I can re buy my motegi mr125's for $550 from discount tire.

$2K turbo
$799 TBE
$500~ Intercooler
$155 RMM
$550 Motegi MR125's
Installed/tuned for $1,200 from JMS

Total around $4,654

I can probably buy a 2015 FiST w/nav/moonroof/recaros for about $23.5k and My vette trade is around 44k. I'm probably the dumbest person on this forum by far for getting rid of my FiST, but as a owner of miatas, the fist had some grip.

I'll probably make my purchasing decision in about 3-4 months. I'm thinking about Rod moe blue or collin1337 silver for the color this time.

CanadianST

Very surprised you're thinking about the FiST again, just such a different animal than the Z06. I agree that the new FoST front end is awesome looking but I love my little FiST.

I can totally understand wanting to get back to something more comfortable to yourself (maybe not in the span of 2 months, but still). But I think you're looking at the wrong cars to match Mustang GT performance. You'll throw away a lot of money trying (and only possibly succeeding) matching the GT with the Focus, and likely never succeeding with the Fiesta.

Though that 2015 refresh Focus looks gorgeous...

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Do you know if they made a removable exhaust manifold for the new FoST I hear it was a sore poit as the head was the exhaust making upgrades limited .. Not so with the FiST was we have a removable exhaust manifold which can be ported or replaced with a custom header fitting most any Turbo if built that way ..

This might not be a popular suggestion around these parts, but what about a '15 STI? It would handle 400 WHP better than the FWD on the focus, and the interior is much better than in previous generations of the WRX.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Well as long as we are tossing ideas around what about the new 2015 Golf R then its the FoST but with AWD and I bet it is mod friendly.. Cost effective maybe not so much ..

Well as long as we are tossing ideas around what about the new 2015 Golf R then its the FoST but with AWD and I bet it is mod friendly.. Cost effective maybe not so much ..
I'm guessing that cost effective isn't a high priority with the OP. Sometimes we can suffer periods of "more money than sense" syndrome. Often seller's remorse is a lot worse than buyer's remorse. I think you're right about the Golf R. It is a more logical choice for the OP considering the HP goals.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #16
I think I'm better off with the FiST. I hate euro and will never touch that scene again, and they are not within my tuner network. I drove the 2015 wrx and sti already and awd just isn't my thing. The focus st offers nice interior but it doesn't have the nimbleness of the FiST. I think a 320 fwhp /290 fwtq FiST will be a blast. At 8.3 lbs/whp it will take down mustang gt's all day and even bolt on mustang gt's up to 440 rwhp. I'll probably stick with a 2015 FiST. Looking forward to aftermarket internals.

MOFiST

I'm with you this size car feels more nimble for sure. Maybe budget for an LSD with all that hp.

I think I'm better off with the FiST. I hate euro and will never touch that scene again, and they are not within my tuner network. I drove the 2015 wrx and sti already and awd just isn't my thing. The focus st offers nice interior but it doesn't have the nimbleness of the FiST. I think a 320 fwhp /290 fwtq FiST will be a blast. At 8.3 lbs/whp it will take down mustang gt's all day and even bolt on mustang gt's up to 440 rwhp. I'll probably stick with a 2015 FiST. Looking forward to aftermarket internals.
Oh snap, so you're going form a FiST to a Z06 and back to a FiST? This might be the best advertising the FiST could possibly get :)

Excited to see your built. Do you plan on using the ATP bolt on turbos or something custom? If you're not aware, ATP has a FiST running 12.4 sec 1/4 mile and 305 WHP http://www.atpturbo.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=tp&Category_Code=FIE

Unfortunately they don't have a detailed build list of what their car is running, but we assume it's stock internals thus far.

EDIT: actually they're now making 310 WHP with a GTX2860R http://www.atpturbo.com/root/releases/images/release040314/ATP_FIESTA_ST_GTX2867R_310WHP.JPG
I wonder if Braden from Cobb would tell us their full mod list for the car, apparently he's the one tuning it.

Glad you finally came to your senses :)