Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmision Fluid Chage/Noise Is Worse

Looks very much like my oil when it came out before swapping out the transmission. I don't know if it has to do with normal ware or not but that fluid is super clear when it goes in.
It may be normal because this fluid had less than 5k on it. I’m doing another drain and fill in one month to see how it looks and what the magnet plug picks up, if anything. Still shifts smooth and sounds normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #42
Man I wish mine had smallish amounts on the magnet. The thing was covered with filaments and some slightly bigger pieces. Also one of the bearings that I could see was completely shot. Also the Differential gears looked more worn than they should've been. I only wish I had the budget to do the LSD at the same time but since it wasn't something planed and I had to buy another transmission I completely lost the chance for it.

Atleast now I have a spare trans that I can send out to be fixed and install the LSD without having to stop the car before the install.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
As a new owner I'm trying to learn as much about these cars as I can and ended up here. Ravenol ordered, paranoia kicked in.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk
I swapped the factory fill at 6k miles with fresh oem fluid, but with 2 liters. The Ford stuff is quality fluid. Of course, this has been extensively debated on here.

2017 Magnetic FiST w/Recaros

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I Think they use it because they are being Cheap and know they can squeak by instead of carrying a quality fluid like Ravenol/Motul/Redline on the assembly line/ factory of origination & Don't wanna pay licensing Fees or anything of that nature.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
Se7eN

Se7eN

Thread Starter #47
On a side note, it's been about 1,000 miles already after the trans swap. Everything feels great so far. Have even gone ahead and loaded up the E40 tune and gave a bit of hell. New clutch and the Ravenol work great.