Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission Blow'd Up on Track

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Tune needs to be changed from 3.8 to 4.3; it is absolutely a necessity. Many notable tuners did not know this and it wasn't until I had a mechanic I trusted go to a Subaru shop and look at the Ford tuning tables and figure it out. It's an uncommon mod. I responded to your PM.

OP
cidsamuth
Thread Starter #82
As expected, JST responded timely today by changing the axle ratio in the tune. As @Jabbit said it would, the fix was immediate; no more idle hang.

Alright, God willing, she's ready for the track on 5/3. Will report back with my impressions of the new transmission, and especially the 4.3.

OP
cidsamuth
Thread Starter #83
Nevermind. Just found a bad gear oil leak. Apparently coming from the input shaft area, as it’s traced to where the transmission meets the motor. I assume the seal got goobered up during the 4.3 and/or LSD install. Whole transmission has to come down again. I also have to be concerned with fluid on the clutch. Yay, me.

The attached picture is the top of my splitter (shown after removal, ignore the rocks). It’s a lot of fluid.

FML

Attachments

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Nevermind. Just found a bad gear oil leak. Apparently coming from the input shaft area, as it’s traced to where the transmission meets the motor. I assume the seal got goobered up during the 4.3 and/or LSD install. Whole transmission has to come down again. I also have to be concerned with fluid on the clutch. Yay, me.

The attached picture is the top of my splitter (shown after removal, ignore the rocks). It’s a lot of fluid.

FML
Man, that sucks!

OP
cidsamuth
Thread Starter #85
And the culprit. They definitely goobered up the input shaft seal. Oil was everywhere, including the slave, pressure plate, and arguably the clutch disk.

While I’m out my time and aggravation to pull it down, it does sound like they are going to reimburse me for fluids, seal, clutch//plate, and a slave.

Attachments