Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission Fluid Poll - Which is best for daily driving in mild climates (e.g. Western OR)?

Transmission Fluid Poll - Which is best for daily driving in mild climates?

• Motul DCTF

Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Motul Gear 300 75W-90

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Ravenol MTF-2 SAE 75W-80

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • Motorcraft XT-11-QDC

Votes: 9 11.4%
  • Other

Votes: 15 19.0%

• Total voters

@Salty_FiST

Premium Account
Active Duty U.S. Air Force
Keen to find out if the guys that filled 2l if they have any feedback,issues or concerns

Sent from my SM-G991B using Tapatalk
2l of BG Syncro Shift and no problems yet. Shifts are smooth. Got a mountune quick shift, cobb bushings, and a Raceseng weighted shift knob. Shifts so good!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

I got my Trans replaced @ 27k....new Ford fluid etc.....Drained that shit out...put in Ravenol mtf-2 75-80....best thing I did so far for the Trans....shift feel was greatly improved!
Super old thread, but I want to give that Ravenol a try to see if it might mitigate my shifter popping out on me in 2nd gear when taking high G left-hand turns... typically after i've gotten the car really warm...

I've already adjusted shift cables, checked motor mounts, and removed the whoosh short shifter.... I'm guessing its Synchros... but I wanna try fluid and then make my conclusion afterwards.

Last edited:

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Super old thread, but I want to give that Ravenol a try to see if it might mitigate my shifter popping out on me in 2nd gear when taking high G left-hand turns... typically after i've gotten the car really warm...

I've already adjusted shift cables, checked motor mounts, and removed the whoosh short shifter.... I'm guessing its Synchros... but I wanna try fluid and then make my conclusion afterwards.
Can't hurt.

Hi guys. Had my axel seals replaced and Ford put in Ford 75w FE transmission oil. Any options on this oil. Had Ravenol before this.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi guys. Had my axel seals replaced and Ford put in Ford 75w FE transmission oil. Any options on this oil. Had Ravenol before this.
Which Ravenol? There are 3 that you could use. Or BG synchro shift 2. basically the same as Ravenol MTF-2 75W80