Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Transmission whine/howling resolved!

my fist has around 29k miles now and ive been having the whining sound ever since around 5k miles on it. i learnt to live with it as it was not too loud with the radio on, but recently its been getting louder and louder in every gear so i decided to take it to my dealer to have them check it out. i drop my car off and wait for the tech to diagnose the problem, i get a called back saying that everything is normal but i know its not normal because the sound doesnt sound normal, so i had the tech come pick me up and went for a ride with him to point out the sound that the transmission was making. at low speed it wasnt really sound but at higher speed it became really sound, he finally hears the sound and says that he thinks it might be the front axle shaft bearing,so he went back to the dealer and ordered the part and got it installed the next day. got a call back from them saying that they installed the new part and it only made the low speed whining sound go away but not when at higher speeds.so now he thinks it might be the output shaft bearing and in order to get a new one they had to order a brand new transmission, 6 days pasted got my car back and she was fixed! rides so quite like brand new.so this was what they had to say in the vehicle report."teardown transmission found the input shaft gears and output shaft gear teeth broken between gears 1 and 4, found excessive metal inside transmission. performed pin point test diagnosis on wsm 308-03b; replaced complete transmission assembly. road test vehicle to verify repair concern no noise longer present. i just got my fist back today and she feel brand new again ! :D

Crap! I learned to live it it but i dont think its gotten any worse. You have way more miles than me. I live near you too! get get dim sum sometime! What dealer?

OP
badltinhelp
Thread Starter #5
forsure man, i took mine to bob wondries ford in alhambra, they were pretty cool and good service. my warranty cover all the cost so i would recommend taking it in and getting it checked out before ur warranty expires lol