Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trash mudflap fitment!!

REPAIR UPDATE:

It’s holding up WONDERFULLY.... car washes and plenty of driving. Holding together nice and strong! I would recommend this “repair” if anyone is experiencing the same issues.

Have yet to use slimmer nuts, but we all know what will work just fine per described above (grinding bolt down etc)
good to know will probably do the same to mine since i also had bad fitment

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
If I had this problem I would try riveting them in instead of bolting if that's a possibility. Should provide a close to flush location for the mount.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #23
If I had this problem I would try riveting them in instead of bolting if that's a possibility. Should provide a close to flush location for the mount.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
That’s a wonderful idea

I have similarly poor fitment. I bought this car new last June and installed the flaps in July. I have recently noticed this is causing paint to chip on both sides. I followed all the instructions very closely while installing these so I'm not sure what the reason for this is. Looks like they will be coming off very soon. Not to mention, one of my $40 pieces of rubber has begun to tear.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #25
I have similarly poor fitment. I bought this car new last June and installed the flaps in July. I have recently noticed this is causing paint to chip on both sides. I followed all the instructions very closely while installing these so I'm not sure what the reason for this is. Looks like they will be coming off very soon. Not to mention, one of my $40 pieces of rubber has begun to tear.

You can weather adhesive them to the vehicle like I did. It’s a rubberized glue so no harm to vehicle. It’s an OEM type adhesive. See pictures above. Mine are still holding up great! The repair has saved me frustration every time I get out of the car lol.

You can weather adhesive them to the vehicle like I did. It’s a rubberized glue so no harm to vehicle. It’s an OEM type adhesive. See pictures above. Mine are still holding up great! The repair has saved me frustration every time I get out of the car lol.
Ended up removing the top plastic piece for the time being and it appears to be sitting quite a bit more flush. I'll see how this holds up for the next few weeks. Also noticed the paint is not chipping, it's just the protective film that is peeling up so that's a sigh of relief!

Last edited:
this post might be really late, but i highly recommend rokblokz for flaps instead of these RA's
Had em on for years already and its solid, I just have to get new ones to freshen up the look :ROFLMAO:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The best way to get these mud flaps to fit right is 1- remove them, 2- fill in the holes in your inner fender with some kind of epoxy filler, 3- toss them in trash can.

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
Some of us, because of how and where we use our cars, would not have any paint left on the sides of our cars (or under the sills/side rails) if we tried to do without any flaps at all. [wink] [nono]

Now, if one only uses their ride in pristine, picture perfect conditions, 100% of the time, and flaps are merely for 'the look', then yeah, I agree with you.

ROCKYFiestta

i live off a dirt road and would have to argue that the mud flaps do absolutely nothing to help protect the paint. some of you may off road here and there but i have to do it daily to get home and on a daily basis they really have not done anything. i see just as much dust all over the place and the clear bra has taken a beating over the 3 years, and the flaps was the first mod i did to the car in hopes of protecting it. i had to remove the clear bra cover on the passenger side side skirt towards the rear of the skirt. again maybe they work for the weekend warrior offroad people, but i can report for somebody who drives off road daily they did jack. personally i think the clearbra stuff did more to protect the car and i wish i had it on my hood and bumper in addition to around the fenderwells and side skirts.

Judging from your profile pic and the gravel roads, I'm bettin eastside. I'm out in Falcon, although I stay off the gravel in the ST.

ROCKYFiestta

lol yup out by schiever off bradley unfortunately i cant avoid it lol the worst was when i got stuck in the snow and had to walk home.

ROCKYFiestta

kinda notice in springs the mass amounts of wrx's i wanted to go awd again, just the wrx is super played out in town, ditto for the focus st see them all day everyday makes me go yawn!!!

ROCKYFiestta

this post might be really late, but i highly recommend rokblokz for flaps instead of these RA's
Had em on for years already and its solid, I just have to get new ones to freshen up the look :ROFLMAO:
thanks if i dont sell the car soon i may switch to those then, the ra's are crap but they look nice ill admit that lol.

kinda notice in springs the mass amounts of wrx's i wanted to go awd again, just the wrx is super played out in town, ditto for the focus st see them all day everyday makes me go yawn!!!
Yeah, subies are everywhere. When's the awd Corolla hatch coming to the US?

And to continue the thread, as much as I like the RAs, I'm certainly not impressed with the fitment.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

So I got frustrated with my mud flap fitment again last week so I pulled off the inner and outer brackets for both front mud flaps. I retained the middle screw and replaced the outer brackets with some 3M molding tape from Advance.

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/3m-super-strength-molding-tape-1-2-x-15-ft-03614/7100055-P

This fix has held up well through one heavy snowfall and a carwash. I will update if that changes. I think it looks pretty good, though I might get some foam tape in the spring to fill the gap above the side skirt end cap.

One note: I stuffed towels in the wheel wells for 12 hrs after applying the tape to help it properly adhere.

IMG_20201210_172427.jpg IMG_20201210_170802.jpg IMG_20201210_170827.jpg IMG_20201210_182550.jpg

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
3M tape never seems to hold up in the cold weather/winter for me (even when it was first installed during the hot summer season), but then I never did anything to get it to bond for many hours, as you did.

I will try that method next time I use the stuff, THANKS! [thumb]

3M tape never seems to hold up in the cold weather/winter for me (even when it was first installed during the hot summer season), but then I never did anything to get it to bond for many hours, as you did.

I will try that method next time I use the stuff, THANKS! [thumb]
Happy to report I have made it through 1.5 months of winter in Wisconsin without any issues! (an unfortunately mild winter, but winter none-the-less)

OP
xxiaze

xxiaze

Thread Starter #40
Happy to report I have made it through 1.5 months of winter in Wisconsin without any issues! (an unfortunately mild winter, but winter none-the-less)
Where you at in Wisconsin? I’m in west bend / Milwaukee area.

*Edit: I see Neenah... yeah it’s been an awesome winter here IMO. Warm enough and plenty of snow.

Last edited: