Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tricks for removing the LH Axle Shaft / CV from Transmission

In the process of removing the transmission in the 2018 Fiesta with low miles... the LH axle shaft is a little stubborn like theres a circlip holding it up from sliding out. The spindle is disconnected and the half shaft is suspended by a strap, but I can't dislodge from the transmission, there's 1/16" or so of play in and out... tried prying it out also, lot of force even from different angles, two at once, turning 180 and different positions, it will not pull out. Any ideas or tricks? Did I miss anything? Item 6 below: CV_LH.JPG

OP
A
Thread Starter #2
Perhaps if I was able to remove the RH side and use a long drift through the center of the diff to get it out?? I'll be back to it tomorrow.

Quisp

1000 Post Club
I pried between the case and the axle with an adjustable angle pry bar to get one out once. It gave fairly easily. Normally they pop out easily by hand.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
I pried between the case and the axle with an adjustable angle pry bar to get one out once. It gave fairly easily. Normally they pop out easily by hand.

Sent from my SM-A205U1 using Tapatalk
Thanks my pry bar was literally bending.

OP
A
Thread Starter #6
Removed the RH side, popped out without much drama... no go on a rod popping it through as the stock diff doesn’t allow... but a big fat chisel wedged in there with a few good wacks did the job. Square clip shown was holding it up a bit, the little Fiesta teaching me a bit of humility as usual.

6271BBBF-C04A-42A2-85C9-73D1748FC163.jpeg

Just pulled mine to drop the trans for a clutch, and I had the same problem- a pry bar and a few solid whacks with the heel of my hand finally popped it loose, thanks for posting! I was nervous about using any real force on it, so I'd come here to check for any tricks.