Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Trouble with RMM

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Hi there! So I wanted to install a used Rear Motor Mount I bought off FiestaPack on Insta after his car was totaled (RIP) and got all the bolts off except for the last one, attached to the engine I believe. I've spent hours and got loads of cuts and burns trying to get this bolt off and it wouldn't even budge. I even bought a 3/8 extension ratchet and still couldn't get it. Any advice?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The big one that's in the larger portion of the mount?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Breaker bar or 1/2 lithium ion impact. It not fun on the ground that's for sure even if it's on Jackstands....I hope you're not relying on the Hydraulic Jack to hold your car up. And make sure to wood block a rear wheel to prevent it from rolling off....even if you have the e-brake on. I don't trust that or hydraulics.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
It's surprisingly difficult to find a Breaker bar anywhere around me except online believe it or not. Oh yeah, I always have the car on at least two jack stands, the OEM jack, and spare wheel at a minimum. If I have access, I'll have a floor jack too.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The Local Vatozone/ Oreallys and Crapa rent them out. But buying a cheapy at Harbor freight / lowes/ Home depot are $20-30.

Spork1569

It's surprisingly difficult to find a Breaker bar anywhere around me except online believe it or not. Oh yeah, I always have the car on at least two jack stands, the OEM jack, and spare wheel at a minimum. If I have access, I'll have a floor jack too.
Weirdly enough I found doing the job with one jack stand a lot easier than two. I originally had an AWR RMM that I installed with two stands and I couldn't get the engine to line up no matter how hard I tried, buddy ended up suggesting we jack up the engine to get it aligned.

Second time I installed the Mountune mount on my own by lifting the right side only, everything came off no problem and lined up pretty much perfectly.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
The Local Vatozone/ Oreallys and Crapa rent them out. But buying a cheapy at Harbor freight / lowes/ Home depot are $20-30.

I'll go by them and see if I can rent it. Thank you.

OP
Hypergram

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Weirdly enough I found doing the job with one jack stand a lot easier than two. I originally had an AWR RMM that I installed with two stands and I couldn't get the engine to line up no matter how hard I tried, buddy ended up suggesting we jack up the engine to get it aligned.

Second time I installed the Mountune mount on my own by lifting the right side only, everything came off no problem and lined up pretty much perfectly.
I'll give that a go next time. Last time I was trying it my socket kept rotating at an angle on the bolt instead of actually turning it. Maybe that'll help.