Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tuna's H Street adventure

Current Mod List

Black - Installed
Blue - Ordered/Waiting to Install
Red - Planned

Engine/Exhaust/DriveTrain
Stock
Engine oil change (Pennzoil Platinum 5W30) 3308 mi
Transmission oil change (Ravenol J1C1002 SAE 75W-80) 3308 mi
Possible catback

Handling/Wheels/Brakes
Racekar Wheels: Enkei RPF1 16x7 +43
Racekar Tires: BFG G-Force Rival S 1.5 215/45R16
Racekar Wheels #2: Rota Grid 16x7 +42
Racekar Tires #2: Bridgestone RE-71R 205/50R16
DD Wheels: Stock
DD Tires: Bridgestone RE050A 205/40-R17
Winter Wheels: Stock SVT (Contour?) rims 16x6.5 +49?
Winter Tires: Nokian Hakkapeliitta 8's 205/55R16
Rear yellow Koni's

Interior
Husky floor liners
Waterproof seat covers #becausesweatycalifornia

Exterior
Suntek PPF (bumper/hood/mirrors)

Last edited:
OP
Tuna
Thread Starter #2
Bought the car for AutoX. I've been lusting after one for about four years since driving a competitors car and beating him in his own car.

This is where my H Street story first started:

Photo by Ian Gulinao

Photo by Ian Gulinao

OP
Tuna

Tuna

Thread Starter #3
AutoX test and tune tomorrow and event on Sunday.

Put the lighter wheels on. Turns out the rolling diameter is slightly higher than stock. Whoops. I'm not a fan of these things anyway and will end up on RE-71R's next year. Lots of road noise from these too... not something I ever noticed in the old SVT. Wheel gap from being dropped off the jack:

Phat:

Took the front number plate bracket off because I'm getting PPF applied today. Not a cheap experience here in SoCal, but then I also supported local and went to the best guy in town. Pick up the car tonight after work. Need to find the right size panel plug and color match to make the holes less obvious:

Last few days were pretty intense from a drinking perspective as my local neighbourhood lit up on July 3rd - we had a fireworks barge in the bay near my house and the beach parties were phenomenal (#muhliver). July 4th was a little less intense but the liver still took a beating. I'm going to have a dry night so I don't wake up tomorrow at 5:00 am feeling like shit and having to drive for an hour to stand around in the California sun in a large asphalt parking lot, dehydrated and hungover.

OP
Tuna

Tuna

Thread Starter #6
I'm going to find that out tomorrow at the test and tune. However, street driving is a pleasure in the FiST because there's nothing clunking and it's all fresh and new. The SVT was a little more raw and I had no issues tossing it around like I didn't care because I really didn't care about it at all. I could have rolled it and walked away from the wreck without looking back.

The lighter Enkei's make a night and day difference on the SVT and I haven't done any silly driving on them in the FiST because they literally went on yesterday. I had some pretty heavy DD wheels on the SVT. The FiST stockers aren't exactly featherweights either.

OP
Tuna

Tuna

Thread Starter #7
After much dicking around with tire pressure I think I like the BFG's. Ended up finding a sweet spot around 46 psi Front and 34 psi Rear. After a long gap between events I'm happy with how the day panned out.

Not my fastest run, but the one I felt most excited about... you know, being dead on the inside and all...
View: https://youtu.be/RUyDUuyq9Ks

Do you have the Koni's on yet? How difficult are they to adjust? Read a post (can't remember where now) saying they had to be pulled off the car to adjust.

OP
Tuna

Tuna

Thread Starter #13
Do you have the Koni's on yet? How difficult are they to adjust? Read a post (can't remember where now) saying they had to be pulled off the car to adjust.
They're still sitting in a box in my apartment. Max adjustment is basically 720 degree rotation under full compression. Not really something you could do on the car easily on the fly.

I have an AutoX coming up at the end of the month. I'll report back afterwards.

They're still sitting in a box in my apartment. Max adjustment is basically 720 degree rotation under full compression. Not really something you could do on the car easily on the fly.

I have an AutoX coming up at the end of the month. I'll report back afterwards.
Is it reachable with the car jacked up though? Think stiffening them up for autox and then setting them back at the end of the day. Sorry if this is a dumb question, the post I read suggested you had to take the shock off the car to adjust.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

OP
Tuna

Tuna

Thread Starter #15
Is it reachable with the car jacked up though? Think stiffening them up for autox and then setting them back at the end of the day. Sorry if this is a dumb question, the post I read suggested you had to take the shock off the car to adjust.

It will make more sense to me once I'm under the car looking at the connections. I'll report back once they're installed.

OP
Tuna
Thread Starter #17
So this happened yesterday:

And this is why my tires hum... I never bothered to take them off after the last AutoX. I hardly drive during the week anyway.

One of my brand new key fobs died on me the other day. By "died" I mean it was playing up and only working intermittently and then one day wouldn't start the car. I might try replacing the battery to see if that fixes it. I expected better from a new fob though.

Next event Aug 24-25. The club threw up an event on Aug 3-4 but I was unable to attend because I'd made other plans. I would have liked the extra seat time.

OP
Tuna
Thread Starter #18

I'm starting to think it's better to remove them to adjust, as suggested in the suspension thread... Checking the rebound rate one against the other to get them even.

OP
Tuna
Thread Starter #19
Some slightly heavier wheels turned up yesterday. I figure they might help me lay down the power a little better. Right now I can't find the smooth exit and the RPF1's are lighting up pretty much every time I touch the go pedal.