Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tuning: Cobb vs Tune+ vs JST vs Stratified vs Dizzy ? (price and performance) -

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #21
Yeah MPG wise I see like a 2 or 3 MPG difference between dizzy and stratified depending on the amount of freeway driving I do. The stratified throttle mapping being so aggressive its almost hard to be smooth and fuel efficient on the throttle.
OK yea im not sure i would do well with that either, i don't mind putting my foot down further when i need it, and i'd prefer to have more finesse down low. If i were doing a custom tune with Stratified i'm guessing i could have them change it but the the medium term at least, im ok with canned. Is it safe to assume e30 with Dizzy is still more early tq than stock with no tune as i have it now?

Spork1569

OK yea im not sure i would do well with that either, i don't mind putting my foot down further when i need it, and i'd prefer to have more finesse down low. If i were doing a custom tune with Stratified i'm guessing i could have them change it but the the medium term at least, im ok with canned. Is it safe to assume e30 with Dizzy is still more early tq than stock with no tune as i have it now?
Yeah, any tune on the Cobb gets rid of the torque limiters in first and second which makes it feel so much faster just from that alone.

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #23
Yeah, any tune on the Cobb gets rid of the torque limiters in first and second which makes it feel so much faster just from that alone.
That's very cool. I suppose if i burn through my front tires quick enough, i have a reason to get something a bit wider for more traction 🤔

OP
TalkToTheFiST
Thread Starter #25
Did OP decide to get rid of the RaceChip and go with an AP?
He did. At one point i had thought about getting the top level chip, it would have been simpler and less maintenance. But i also believe people here when they say the AP and tunes will offer much better performance so im going with an AP and e30 tune. It's definitely more work, im restricted on my fueling and have to do math every fill-up ect but i decided it's worth it for the gains. I just ordered my e85 test bottle last night and my AP should be here Monday.

One day i'd love to get a turbo upgrade but i can't say for sure it will happen. In the meantime an e30 tune i hear will push the stock turbo as far as it can go, before next summer i'll add in a bigger FMIC.

Sounds like a good plan. I'll be interested in the progression of your e30 tune as I'm sure next year I will want an e30 tune for my track days. Right now I'm more concerned with launching and traction.

Mikey456

Is it easy to control wheel spin under hard acceleration with just the Cobb OTS stage 1 (without the torque limiters) or do you rely on the Cobb’s/or the factory’s standard traction control?

Spork1569

Is it easy to control wheel spin under hard acceleration with just the Cobb OTS stage 1 (without the torque limiters) or do you rely on the Cobb’s/or the factory’s standard traction control?
It's not too bad, I haven't used stage 1 in a while but I remember it just gave the car a little overall pep compared to before. Unless you floor it off of every stoplight it should be fine as is, a RMM and upgraded motor mounts do a wonder for torque steer if you plan on upgrading those.