Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tuning Questions, Help and Opinions Please!

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
is it mandatory to replace the intercooler and pipes as well as upgrade intake and exhaust to safely use stage3 ???
My limited understanding of tuning is that you have some wiggle room to mod up or down, unless you're aggressively tuned. The short of it is that you won't see advertised numbers, and you could have terrible gas mileage from running too rich. But, I wouldn't take my word for gold.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I too am doing one of Randy's tunes.
Also capable of above 7K.
However I only made it to 5.8K on this run.

Dave
Even when I was running my type S acura's I had a hard time winding the motor up past 6500 I am such a old school "F body" (shift at 5700) pooper LOL I know I will not need 5 or 6 gear next time I am on track at Blackhawk Farms ..

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Even when I was running my type S acura's I had a hard time winding the motor up past 6500 I am such a old school "F body" (shift at 5700) pooper LOL I know I will not need 5 or 6 gear next time I am on track at Blackhawk Farms ..
I know what you mean.
I also never use 5th or 6th on the track.

Dave

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Also what kinda and where did you get your upgraded wheel studs ?? as the tunes go up I would just feel better with a lil ARP loving holding me tight..

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Also what kinda and where did you get your upgraded wheel studs ?? as the tunes go up I would just feel better with a lil ARP loving holding me tight..
Don't want to hijack the thread, PM me.

Dave

Thanks for the help man! I don't know what I am leaning towards I know Randy is good with our cars and will probably make a great custom tune. The LMS tuner seems to be producing great results on the track already. I also like the numbers Cobb's stage 2 made, if I'm not mistaken 210 hp + 272 tq, which is what we'll end up getting when It comes out then I'm liking that choice a lot too! I am officially down in FL so we should meet up and maybe I can see how your car is?
I am off Wednesday and Sunday's, let me know when yout free. I am trying out Randy's basemap right now so far so good, I will start the custom map after I get my Cobb intake next week.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
How would one acquire this "Randy's Tune" we speak of? The $150 option on Mountunes site? If so, does this include a "tunes for life" kind of deal? Or would you have had to buy a AP from them altogether?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
How would one acquire this "Randy's Tune" we speak of? The $150 option on Mountunes site? If so, does this include a "tunes for life" kind of deal? Or would you have had to buy a AP from them altogether?
All the info is here.
Yes, I know it says Focus, however it applies to Fiesta as well.

http://www.mountuneusa.com/product-p/6000-ap-cal.htm

Dave

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Just to verify: I have an AP that I purchased from Cobb. I purchase this from Mountune, do some data mining, send in the coal and get diamonds back?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Yep, all our Off The Shelf (OTS) maps are free downloads and updates when they become available...which will be the end of this month ;)

We also have a full network of Protuners that can make you custom maps for your car to push it as hard (or as tamely) as you want.

Ian
With the Stage 2 and 3 tunes dropping next week, will there be tunes for individual bolt-ons? I.E., intake only (SRI/CAI), or DP only, or CBE, or TBE and intake, etc. etc.? Maybe a Stage 1.5?

With the Stage 2 and 3 tunes dropping next week, will there be tunes for individual bolt-ons? I.E., intake only (SRI/CAI), or DP only, or CBE, or TBE and intake, etc. etc.? Maybe a Stage 1.5?
We provide OTS maps for a specific upgrade path, but you can have a custom map made for individual parts or a different combination of parts. We would love to have a map for every different combination of parts, but it could get really crazy, really fast! Our OTS upgrade path is the best bang for your buck power wise while giving some guidance on what are the biggest limiting factors before being able to make more power.

Ian

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #39
Here are power numbers on our dyno in house. The peak numbers will vary a bit by the dyno used, so be sure to look at the gains if you try to compare charts.

Ian

Thanks Ian, I'm really thinking about going this route. I would be going with the stage 2 at first.

OP
MOFiestaST
Thread Starter #40
I am off Wednesday and Sunday's, let me know when yout free. I am trying out Randy's basemap right now so far so good, I will start the custom map after I get my Cobb intake next week.
That sounds good, I would really like to meet up and see the difference with running a tune in our cars, just to possibly push me to get it ASAP, lol.