Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Options

Alright, so i know most, if not all the Hybrid and big turbo upgrades available for our platform. What I want to know is if the good, big turbo companies offer turbos that could fit in the FiST platform and if anyone is using them. Im talking about Precision Turbo, Xona Turbo, Comp turbo, etc. Im also wondering if the new Garrett G-Series is really worth the money(especially for the reverse rotation one that puma speed offers). My goal is to run upwards of +475whp on a Syvecs ecu(obviously on built motor big turbo).

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
It actually may be cheaper for you in the long run to swap in a focus st engine with a big turbo. Not many of us can pass even 400 hp with the fist. It's been done but not easily. But your talking about running an aftermarket ecu, it would be much easier just to swap more displacement in

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Then you'd have the option to stroke it out to a 2.3l and could reach probably 700 hp on a built motor. The st focus engines are far more reliable than the RS engines because they come with a partially closed deck. I wouldn't buy an rs motor.

DAW

Wow, what a waste of money. this going to cost you tens of thousand, between the built motor, custom turbo and plumbing, transmission, fueling, suspension, ecu. You won’t even be able to utilize all of that power either, fwd is not the platform for this dude. Please save your money, be smart.

OP
eliotowono
Thread Starter #7
I get that, but with a fully built engine, with ported heads/w cams, on full e85, with big turbo im already looking at 375whp pretty easily on a timid tune. Im just wanting to know about the turbo options that people haven't looked into all that much. Like I said, between Xona, Precision Turbo, Turbonetics, etc im sure their are better options than just Garret, ATP, and all the Hybrids. I know someone is already running a Xona Turbo(the guy running the fastest FiST in the US/world) with that kill tune of his. And im not trying to go through a motor swap. If I EVER do a motor swap, it'll be a v8 lol.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Well, if money is no matter you'll go far. But keep in mind, I'm running the exact set up you've mentioned without aux fuel on with an x57rs and am hitting 300. I'm 35k in.

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Also, I'm plagued with issues because I'm the first one on the forums running this setup.

Se7eN

Alright, so i know most, if not all the Hybrid and big turbo upgrades available for our platform. What I want to know is if the good, big turbo companies offer turbos that could fit in the FiST platform and if anyone is using them. Im talking about Precision Turbo, Xona Turbo, Comp turbo, etc. Im also wondering if the new Garrett G-Series is really worth the money(especially for the reverse rotation one that puma speed offers). My goal is to run upwards of +475whp on a Syvecs ecu(obviously on built motor big turbo).
I'm pretty sure WOR Fabrications can make a kit with a good enough turbo for that. I mean I believe they made the kit for Chris Good. Would be a good choice to at least contact them

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Wor makes a sidewinder exhaust manifold, you could pretty much fit whatever you wanted with that. The main restriction I've seen is the firewall. For the stock location that is.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Our peron G-Series kit was first of its kind and here in the states before any others mentioned
You can use the Garrett 25-550, 25-660, or 30-770 on the kit as well. More turbo than anyone would ever need. The 25-660 will make well over your goal HP figure of 475 and the kit is 100% bolt on no modifications.
whoosh is also the only US authorized syvecs dealer as well. Let us know how we can help

There is a stroker motor in the works right now that will change the game in terms of built engines on the Fiesta platform
So far pretty much very "built" motor has failed or doesn't perform. That includes Mountune, Puma, home built, etc etc etc
Stay tuned

OP
eliotowono
Thread Starter #14
Ooohhhh, im DEF interested in that stroker motor! You have any word on ported/aftermarket heads and cams(that ARENT made by pumasport)??? That'll be a need for +450whp. And you already KNOW I'm headed your way for that syvecs(although it'll be probs be around 6 months from now)

wetwea33

Ooohhhh, im DEF interested in that stroker motor! You have any word on ported/aftermarket heads and cams(that ARENT made by pumasport)??? That'll be a need for +450whp. And you already KNOW I'm headed your way for that syvecs(although it'll be probs be around 6 months from now)
Hit up adam Brunson at tune +. I'm guessing that is who Ron is talking about. He is going to be building Daniels Fiesta who had a pumaspeed closed deck motor with a g25-550. Motor blew up because of most likely being improperly put together. He will be building and tuning the car. I think his goal is ~450whp. Adam is also working on a turbo kit that will utilize a xona. He tuned my car with an s280 aux setup and it should make somewhere in thr neighborhood of 400whp.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ford Community Posts