Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo spool!!

Had a busy evening, installed my whoosh v1 intercooler, whoosh crossover pipe and mishimoto hot and cold charge pipes. The Mishi set comes with an optional symposer delete so I did that too. I have a mountune intake pipe that has been on order since may 2nd so as soon as that comes in i'll be done for this year at least (i'm tapped out) Took several hours all told but when I was done I flashed cobb stage 2 and took her for a spin. Seems pretty awesome and a hell of a lot of intake, turbo and blow off sounds. My real question is this, when I really lay on it the turbo screams....and I mean screams! I think it sounds cool as heck but do you all think that is normal? I know you can't hear what I'm talking about but does anyone else get this really loud spool up? I don't feel any lag or loss of power so I'm pretty sure I have no leaks but maybe the combo of the parts plus the tune plus the symposer delete is making it that much more noticeable...The FiST is my first turbo so I really have no experience with them.

OP
Geebs
Thread Starter #3
I'm starting to get it!!!! I know this is not a "fast car" per say but you know what....in the 4 months I've had it, I have never had a car that has made me smile everytime I get behind the wheel. And you know what, when I hit a 90 degree turn at 40, blow out of the turn in 3rd and my 14 year old son says "holy crap Dad, this car is awesome", how can I go wrong......It's just a blast

I have almost the same setup i put on acouple days ago the v1 innercooler and mishi charge pipes and the mishi intake. It went on great but i know the sound you mean when you get on it seems like a whistle.i been looking hugh and low to make sure its just the turbo your hearing and not a boost leak.
Had a busy evening, installed my whoosh v1 intercooler, whoosh crossover pipe and mishimoto hot and cold charge pipes. The Mishi set comes with an optional symposer delete so I did that too. I have a mountune intake pipe that has been on order since may 2nd so as soon as that comes in i'll be done for this year at least (i'm tapped out) Took several hours all told but when I was done I flashed cobb stage 2 and took her for a spin. Seems pretty awesome and a hell of a lot of intake, turbo and blow off sounds. My real question is this, when I really lay on it the turbo screams....and I mean screams! I think it sounds cool as heck but do you all think that is normal? I know you can't hear what I'm talking about but does anyone else get this really loud spool up? I don't feel any lag or loss of power so I'm pretty sure I have no leaks but maybe the combo of the parts plus the tune plus the symposer delete is making it that much more noticeable...The FiST is my first turbo so I really have no experience with them.

OP
Geebs
Thread Starter #5
I have almost the same setup i put on acouple days ago the v1 innercooler and mishi charge pipes and the mishi intake. It went on great but i know the sound you mean when you get on it seems like a whistle.i been looking hugh and low to make sure its just the turbo your hearing and not a boost leak.
You got it right, it certainly was a boost leak. Pretty sure it was the clamp at the turbo that was the culprit, the clamps on those mishi charge pipes really need to be tight. I was nervous because it seemed like I was tightening the hell out of them and they never seemed to stop turning, but finally I got it right....no more whistle. Many will say that those charge pipes are waste of money since they don't really do anything, and I kind of agree but that was my first year with the car and I was just having fun buying and installing all kinds of parts, and since I was replacing the intercooler anyway I figured what the hell...

You got it right, it certainly was a boost leak. Pretty sure it was the clamp at the turbo that was the culprit, the clamps on those mishi charge pipes really need to be tight. I was nervous because it seemed like I was tightening the hell out of them and they never seemed to stop turning, but finally I got it right....no more whistle. Many will say that those charge pipes are waste of money since they don't really do anything, and I kind of agree but that was my first year with the car and I was just having fun buying and installing all kinds of parts, and since I was replacing the intercooler anyway I figured what the hell...
Yea i tightened them pretty good but it seemed like it could go more but wasnt sure...i remeber that coupler to the turbo was so weird of a shape going from the pipe to the turbo....guess im gonna go out and crawl under it and tighten it up more lol...and go from there. Thanks for the quick response. I jist thought no way it whistles this load

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My son has been begging me to give him my FiST for his first car.
Worst Idea EVER. Give him the family minivan or station wagon. Young....Dumb and inexperience in a FiST= recipe for disaster. It's your child.....But I wouldn't trust mine as far as I could throw him same with my BAE driving my FiST. I won't talk about her incident of driving in 3rd thinking it was 1st?!?! All I can say ....clutch* smelled great! [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Couple things to consider: 1) They’re not making any more of these cars. 2) I totaled a couple cars just in my first year of driving.

Kept your ST & get them a ST-Line model

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or get a manual ZX3 focus. It's small and fun like a fiesta and he can learn stick on it. Plus they are pretty cheap and reliable