Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

turbo swap labor cost?

Thinking of having a shop do the install for a ported manifold and new turbo but have no idea what labor would be? Anyone have an idea? I have limited skills and even more limited tools, but there's a shop that does bay rentals for $20/hr. Easy enough job to knock out in an afternoon, or best to have a pro?

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I posted a "how to" on removing the turbo.
Someone recently asked about coming to my area to have me do the swap for them. A good friend of mine owns a shop and said he would do the swap for like $250, $300 tops. But I think you'll find prices vary a lot. A lot shops are scared to death of fwd turbo cars ( even ford dealerships ).

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Cobb may also include the tune, hopefully at that price:)
-----------------

Overall this is a pretty easy swap as long as you have all the parts on hand first it should not take more than a few hours the first time, SS and myself as we have both had ours off numerous times, probably 2 hours start to finish and a few beers while doing it, at least beers for me anyway:)

I might be a bit quicker since I have a lift and every tool one could need.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
I have a "how to" on the forum somewhere: i even posted videos where i pull my turbo in like 18minutes,'then reinstall in like 19min and start the car, lol

MOFiST

I have a "how to" on the forum somewhere: i even posted videos where i pull my turbo in like 18minutes,'then reinstall in like 19min and start the car, lol
Same thread as the manifold porting? We need some stickies or even a list of links back the to how to's would be really handy as a sticky.

OP
O
Thread Starter #10
May have to give this a shot after I see if I can get a jack for my birthday, lol.

OP
O
Thread Starter #12
I bought stands and a shtty husky jack from home depot last summer and the valve was busted out of the box, I returned it haven't replaced it yet lol.

Once my bike sells and birthday comes, I'll be in for a cyborg, ap, rmm, catless dp, and a tune. Hopefully the 2j intake will be here by then as well....

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
I bought stands and a shtty husky jack from home depot last summer and the valve was busted out of the box, I returned it haven't replaced it yet lol.

Once my bike sells and birthday comes, I'll be in for a cyborg, ap, rmm, catless dp, and a tune. Hopefully the 2j intake will be here by then as well....
Good to Hear and yes the now unicorn intake may be here too ..

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
Harbor Freight has a great sale often on their 1.5 ton aluminum jack and the aluminum stands on sale as well. I have had 4 of the jacks, blew the seals out of one but it was my fault using it on my dually when my big jack was leaking, I use the 3 I have and now a big HF aluminum one all the time, oldest one is probably 10 years in use by now. Best sale is around $79 on the jacks, I bought two for $59 each a few years ago. The stands are around $39 when on sale but the steel ones are good and around $19 or $29.