Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280 Turbo Kit Dyno, Virtual Dyno, and Datalog Thread

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #281
Is running in the mid 12's for AFR becoming the new norm? I remember when 12 was considered lean and 11's was the norm.
I've tested into the mid 13's, with no indicators the engine didn't like it. Especially when running a dense mix like E50-E60, you can get away with leaner AFR. Plus it gives that little extra injector headroom up top. :)

Dspeidel

I've tested into the mid 13's, with no indicators the engine didn't like it. Especially when running a dense mix like E50-E60, you can get away with leaner AFR. Plus it gives that little extra injector headroom up top. :)
Does it look like 390-400whp is possible with 34-35 psi or is that stretching it?

wetwea33

Does it look like 390-400whp is possible with 34-35 psi or is that stretching it?
Adam already dyno proved it at that power level at ~36psi. But over 32psi ur in head lifting territory and also the crazy low end torq is a recipe to throw a rod.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

Adam already dyno proved it at that power level at ~36psi. But over 32psi ur in head lifting territory and also the crazy low end torq is a recipe to throw a rod.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
correct me if I’m wrong but i believe he also said the turbo wasn’t efficient running that fast to redline.

wetwea33

correct me if I’m wrong but i believe he also said the turbo wasn’t efficient running that fast to redline.
Yeah your defiently running past the turbos efficiency zone but it was still making power. Turbo technics I think says past 26psi is considered overspinning territory which is nonsense. I was running 35psi.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #289
Thanks to Jason and those who blazed the trail... 300+ WHP after only 3 maps!
Tuning progress: Dizzy Rev1c (base + 2 revs)
1st Rev with Whoosh SPA on
Tamb=52F, 14.5 psia
32.5 lb/min @ 26 psig @ 40% TS14 WGDC
Spool within 200 RPM Stock Turbo/CobbIC 93oct, within 300 RPM E30 SameIC(280 E30 after 93)

View attachment 36248
View attachment 36250
Are you seeing any ignition correction on cylinder 1 in these logs? Or any cylinder for that matter? I am still have some sporadic false? knock with cylinder 1 that I have been troubleshooting forever.

Hey Jason I've been running your e50 tune with e60. Should I see a comparable gas mileage to the 93 oct tune (or Better) with the leaner afr's? I noticed the 93 oct tune runs in the 12's as well and I haven't really been able to tell which fuel does better.

Are you seeing any ignition correction on cylinder 1 in these logs? Or any cylinder for that matter? I am still have some sporadic false? knock with cylinder 1 that I have been troubleshooting forever.
I have some plots and feedback from Jason, will PM you in a bit.

Tamb=40F, 14.47 psia, 32.5-33 lb/min 14psi TS WGA

This S280 setup is an absolute beast! Really enjoying going for cruises.

The spool is amazing (will check/compare again after winter). 26 psia boost at 3k RPM, 300 Ft-lb torque! Love the sound of the exhaust during logging, or anytime the foot is heavy.

For 93oct, we’re stopping here @ ~27 psi boost up top. I think the HP rollover up top is Timing, and I appreciate Jason’s tune here. This will be my travel map, for when I can’t count on E85 being readily available, so I’m glad we’re not pushing it.

This is Rev1E or 5th, 1st with increased range MAP & TMAP sensors – getting ready for ethanol blend tuning next. Skipped posting as Rev1D it is the same except has the older cals for the MAP and TMAP.

Onto E40!!! Goodbye knock threshold…

1608401803446.png

1608401747427.png