Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280 Turbo Kit Dyno, Virtual Dyno, and Datalog Thread

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #61
Now that I'm almost there I kind of want to run a little more than 3 bar lol. 29psi should be good on e though. Any news on an eta for your car?
PM him, let's try to keep this thread about the S280 datalogging only please.

Datazap:
https://datazap.me/u/jdub1990/log-1580958703?log=0&data=6-9

I had some wheel spin at 3.5k rpm

Revision 7, 91 octane with the following atmospheric conditions:
  • Feb 05 7:00 pm
  • 39 deg F (temp)
  • 16% (humidity)
  • 26.89 Hg (air pressure)
  • 4 deg F (dew point)
  • 6.2 (grains)
  • NW 6 mph (wind)
  • 93.54 % (air density)
  • 2269 ft. (density altitude)
  • unknown.png

Last edited:
OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #63
Datazap:
https://datazap.me/u/jdub1990/log-1580958703?log=0&data=6-9

I had some wheel spin at 3.5k rpm

Revision 7, 91 octane with the following atmospheric conditions:
  • Feb 05 7:00 pm
  • 39 deg F (temp)
  • 16% (humidity)
  • 26.89 Hg (air pressure)
  • 4 deg F (dew point)
  • 6.2 (grains)
  • NW 6 mph (wind)
  • 93.54 % (air density)
  • 2269 ft. (density altitude)

View attachment 27587
What size tire are you running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #66
Nitto Neo Gen 215/40-R17
Your tire diameter should be 23.77 not 23.9. I was wondering why your hp numbers were so high on 91.. are you using correction factors too?

Edit: I see that you are, can you turn those off and correct the tire diameter and repost?

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #67
S280 datalogging only please [emoji13]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I’m correcting his datalog so his numbers aren’t inflated. Frick off :)

I’m correcting his datalog so his numbers aren’t inflated. Frick off :)

Dude I pulled the #'s from Nitto's website.
Also, why would I go out of my way to add atmospheric conditions and then incorrectly put in my tire size??

Next thing you are going to tell me is my occupant weight is wrong lol

1581001031204.png

wetwea33

Your tire diameter should be 23.77 not 23.9. I was wondering why your hp numbers were so high on 91.. are you using correction factors too?

Edit: I see that you are, can you turn those off and correct the tire diameter and repost?

His tire size is correct i use to run them. If you look at his log he is actually flowing more air then me and running more timing so while they seem inflated they do make sense in that regard. It looks like his tuner doesnt have him monitoring knock count. Some do, some dont.

His tire size is correct i use to run them. If you look at his log he is actually flowing more air then me and running more timing so while they seem inflated they do make sense in that regard. It looks like his tuner doesnt have him monitoring knock count. Some do, some dont.
That is why I don't care for virtual dyno. :) I also am not monitoring how level the road is that I am logging over... out here in the desert it is hard to find completely flat, safe roads to log onto. That could be skewing the results...but as I drive over the same stretch of road, I use it to compare the deltas tune revision to tune revision..which is all I really care about.

Edit:

Also I am using these settings:

1581002793734.png

Last edited:

Se7eN

It looks like his tuner doesnt have him monitoring knock count. Some do, some dont.
From what I've seen in logs and such, at the moment of a knock event the timing in that cylinder drops a few degrees, I see his log with straight and true timing in 1 and 3. So should be no knock. Great numbers btw.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #74
Dude I pulled the #'s from Nitto's website.
Also, why would I go out of my way to add atmospheric conditions and then incorrectly put in my tire size??

Next thing you are going to tell me is my occupant weight is wrong lol

View attachment 27591
I mean your datalogs have the car weight ranging from 2700-2900 lbs. vdyno works great for comparing cars if you put in good information.

Nonetheless, you are flowing the same amount of air as I am on 93 w/ aux fuel.

So if you are running 91/aux fuel you are an outlier with the ability to run sufficient fuel for 310whp. Very possible your gas quality is just really good. Obviously the sae correction is throwing me off since none of us use it, but whatever floats your boat.

I mean your datalogs have the car weight ranging from 2700-2900 lbs. vdyno works great for comparing cars if you put in good information.

Nonetheless, you are flowing the same amount of air as I am on 93 w/ aux fuel.

So if you are running 91/aux fuel you are an outlier with the ability to run sufficient fuel for 310whp. Very possible your gas quality is just really good. Obviously the sae correction is throwing me off since none of us use it, but whatever floats your boat.

I am just trying to be scientific about it. Sorry bud.

OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #76
I am just trying to be scientific about it. Sorry bud.
I'll redo mine with the correction factors so we can compare apples to apples. What does your car actually weigh?

I'll redo mine with the correction factors so we can compare apples to apples. What does your car actually weigh?
We can do that or moving forward I'll post raw data and then also post the DA. Does that work? Also sorry if I came off as rude, I don't care if my S280 Fiesta is below average, above, whatever.
My goal was to be scientific and apply corrections for altitude, tire size, etc . Regarding the weight, it is full weight/stock/nothing removed. In Virtual Dyno you can see I put the car weight to 2700 lbs and put the occupant weight to 200lbs, for a total of 2900lbs. Virtual Dyno doesn't care where the weight comes from just the total weight. So I have been consistent with doing 2700 lbs + 200 lbs (2900 lbs total) in the two graphs I posted.

Last edited:
OP
JDG

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thread Starter #78
We can do that or moving forward I'll post raw data and then also post the DA. Does that work? Also sorry if I came off as rude, I don't care if my S280 Fiesta is below average, above, whatever.
My goal was to be scientific and apply corrections for altitude, tire size, etc . Regarding the weight, it is full weight/stock/nothing removed. In Virtual Dyno you can see I put the car weight to 2700 lbs and put the occupant weight to 200lbs, for a total of 2900lbs. Virtual Dyno doesn't care where the weight comes from just the total weight. So I have been consistent with doing 2700 lbs + 200 lbs in the two graphs I posted.
No worries at all, I definitely mispoke on the tire size so I understood your response.

Two of your graphs are showing total weight of 3,100 LBS (look at the bottom right hand corner). Only one is showing the correct weight of 2,900 LBS (2,700 LBS car + 200 LBS driver). With that said, you are probably closer to 2,750-2,775 LBS in a stock car.

I think you are probably well above average. I am just amazed you aren't seeing knock at that airflow on 91 only. Very impressive so far.

No worries at all, I definitely mispoke on the tire size so I understood your response.

Two of your graphs are showing total weight of 3,100 LBS (look at the bottom right hand corner). Only one is showing the correct weight of 2,900 LBS (2,700 LBS car + 200 LBS driver). With that said, you are probably closer to 2,750-2,775 LBS in a stock car.

I think you are probably well above average. I am just amazed you aren't seeing knock at that airflow on 91 only. Very impressive so far.
Lol I figured it out. When I was uploading the screen grabs, I noticed I put in wrong parameters in VD. So I corrected them and took another screen grab. I didn't realize that I failed to delete the old ones. I have edited the post to only have the one correct screen grab.