Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280 Turbo Kit Dyno, Virtual Dyno, and Datalog Thread

wetwea33

Finally got my boost issues addressed thanks to @ron@whoosh. His customer service is top notch!
I wanted to give an update on progress so far. This is my 3rd revision on the new turbo. 93 octane and single port aux fuel.

View attachment 27639
How are you liking it Compard to the old hybrid? I made the transition from hybrid on aux and love it so far.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hell yea dude! I'm going to load my next rev tonight I think..I have to get more logs over to Adam before Thursday.

Yes, I have started playing with E40. I was able to get my first logs for review the other day, but haven't had a chance to play with the tune any more.
This week I plan on testing boost levels up to 32 psi. I will also be getting on the dyno soon for some real numbers.
My man! Let's us know when you notice the turbo getting spun out of its efficiency range. As you know I am aiming for around 32psi on ethanol :), let's hope she has some legs.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Yes, I have started playing with E40. I was able to get my first logs for review the other day, but haven't had a chance to play with the tune any more.
This week I plan on testing boost levels up to 32 psi. I will also be getting on the dyno soon for some real numbers.

View attachment 27961
Do you see any value of running any ethanol blend on stock fuel system with the s280?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
From what I gather, e has less energy content that reg 91 or 93. Therefore you need to move more of it. The stock fuel system with this turbo it makes the same power with a blend. Using a blend you make less psi but more timing to make up for the lower boost. Just not worth the mixing with no power to be gained. Plz correct me if I'm wrong guys.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

HBEcoBeaST

From what I gather, e has less energy content that reg 91 or 93. Therefore you need to move more of it. The stock fuel system with this turbo it makes the same power with a blend. Using a blend you make less psi but more timing to make up for the lower boost. Just not worth the mixing with no power to be gained. Plz correct me if I'm wrong guys.

With ethanol blends and stock fuel system you generally make more power lower in the rpm range and spool faster. Up top you run out of fuel. Peak hp numbers may be the same, but peak torque will be greater and at a lower rpm when running ethanol.

I'd always recommend an e blend if it's available around you. Cheaper fill ups, more 'useable' power on the street, knock prevention are just some benefits.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Final 91 Octane Pump Gas Tune
Raw Virtual Dyno, No Dyno Jet 1.09 multiplier, no DA adjustments
1582086706349.png

DA was the following:
1582087044412.png

DynoJet # with no DA corrections: 305whp, 281 lb-ft
VirtualDyno # with DA correction: 308whp, 283 lb-ft
DynoJet # with DA correction: 335whp, 309 lb-ft

Datalog Link: https://datazap.me/u/jdub1990/s280-final-91-octane-aux-fuel-da-4627ft?log=0&data=5-6-9

On to ethanol...

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

This is what I was told by my tuner, and this is why I have not done any ethanol tuning.

HBEcoBeaST

This is what I was told by my tuner, and this is why I have not done any ethanol tuning.
I know they are different revisions, but look at the powerband for the aux fuel 93 vs e40. Torque comes on around 3000rpm on e40. 3500-4000rpm for 93. Powerband would be similar without aux fuel. Overall top end up would be same or slightly lower go numbers without aux fuel for e blends but a stronger low and mid range powerband and faster spool.

It's not just about peak numbers. But if e isn't readily available around you ...,[emoji2376]

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I know they are different revisions, but look at the powerband for the aux fuel 93 vs e40. Torque comes on around 3000rpm on e40. 3500-4000rpm for 93. Powerband would be similar without aux fuel. Overall top end up would be same or slightly lower go numbers without aux fuel for e blends but a stronger low and mid range powerband and faster spool.

It's not just about peak numbers. But if e isn't readily available around you ...,[emoji2376]

E is annoying to me, I don't want to measure things at the gas station. I'm doing water/meth instead.

wetwea33

E is annoying to me, I don't want to measure things at the gas station. I'm doing water/meth instead.
I test once a month it's easy. Meth in my last car was a bigger pain by far and can be expensive.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club

This is somewhat true but what they are saying is true as well running ethanol you might gain a little power because its a higher octane.....but you will do that at the expense of having to push more fuel i.e. worse gas mileage to get there.

That is a fact one will fill up more frequently the higher the ethanol content they run. Now if ethanol was at every gas station here in California it might not be an issue but its not. I have a couple of stations in a 10 mile radius.

A lot of the midwest and east coast guys can run ethanol because its all over the place out there.

Plus running the mix is a bit of a hassle.

The reason a lot of people want to run this Turbo is because you are going to get the a response like a hybrid with out having to push as much air.

Basically you are in a more efficient range boost wise without having to add a bunch of other stuff like ethanol.

Now if you go aux then it opens the door to much higher numbers that will exceed most hybrids

Thats my take.