Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

ROCKYFiestta

anybody running this setup, from a pricepoint this looks like a great deal

is this considered a big turbo or more of a hybrid range type??

also does this kit have everything I did notice you cant use the stock bpv since there is no hole/place for it will I need to buy one or is this also included?

https://whooshmotorsports.com/colle...80-bolt-on-turbo-kit-2014-2019-fiesta-st-1-6l

lastly would you recommend a 3" dp catless or catted?? does it make a diff? or can i just keep my 2.5 if it wont make much difference

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
There are some members that have not done the DP with a Turbo upgrade....not alot though. It can become a bottleneck also for full power release.I did mine....thank God I did get one before my install...When I took out my O2 sensor out of my DP....the threads came out with it. Keep in mind my system had never been apart also. With this Turbo it does look like you will need a BOV as it shows no place for the stock BPV to be used. I'm sure Ron will chime in about the Kit....so it will be straight from the horses mouth.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

also does this kit have everything I did notice you cant use the stock bpv since there is no hole/place for it will I need to buy one or is this also included?

https://whooshmotorsports.com/colle...80-bolt-on-turbo-kit-2014-2019-fiesta-st-1-6l

lastly would you recommend a 3" dp catless or catted?? does it make a diff? or can i just keep my 2.5 if it wont make much difference
Catalytic converters stay hot downstream which helps flow the exhaust gases out. Catless no heat retention. This is why I also Cerakoted the ported exhaust manifold, hot side of turbo, down pipe, and the exhaust. Keeping the heat in and flowing properly is important in turbo systems. Also mating a turbo to the proper diameter dp and exhaust can make hp or kill it.

wetwea33

You can use a stock style bov with the s280. Its just located downstream and not on the housing itself.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account

this kits basically fits like stock
you can theoretically run the stock downpipe and stock everything including stock crossover pipe

unlike the ATP kits which have adapter plates and ill fitting hot side pipes etc, this kit actually fits quite well
there are a few small things you'll need to do to install but they are far less of a headache than installing the ATP kits

We have the green light from Turbo Technics to start selling them now in the USA so look for a full release announcement soon
We've had a kit on our Orange Spice Fiesta for a while now

wetwea33

this kits basically fits like stock
you can theoretically run the stock downpipe and stock everything including stock crossover pipe

unlike the ATP kits which have adapter plates and ill fitting hot side pipes etc, this kit actually fits quite well
there are a few small things you'll need to do to install but they are far less of a headache than installing the ATP kits

We have the green light from Turbo Technics to start selling them now in the USA so look for a full release announcement soon
We've had a kit on our Orange Spice Fiesta for a while now
Ron what kind of results are we looking at with aux and ethanol.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I just removed a gen 2 2860 to install an S280. This is turbo setup #6 for me (cyborg, c39, dhm 360r, rt330, atp gen 2 2860), and easily my favorite so far. Taking measurements last weekend, it’s essentially a 2860 compressor side and exhaust wheel, but with an oem style adapter less bespoke hotside, with a much smaller A/R (looks to be sized very close to the .52 A/R tial housing from my dhm kit). Spool is coming in 300-400 rpms sooner than my gen 2 2860, and airflow logs show it moving exactly as much. Dialed in with the 4 port on it’s going to be a flat out killer setup. It’s what the rt330 could have been, plus more. Everything for install down to the firering is in the box, very trick little setup for the bov/bpv, just a nice setup. Especially at its price point.

Attachments

I just removed a gen 2 2860 to install an S280. This is turbo setup #6 for me (cyborg, c39, dhm 360r, rt330, atp gen 2 2860), and easily my favorite so far. Taking measurements last weekend, it’s essentially a 2860 compressor side and exhaust wheel, but with an oem style adapter less bespoke hotside, with a much smaller A/R (looks to be sized very close to the .52 A/R tial housing from my dhm kit). Spool is coming in 300-400 rpms sooner than my gen 2 2860, and airflow logs show it moving exactly as much. Dialed in with the 4 port on it’s going to be a flat out killer setup. It’s what the rt330 could have been, plus more. Everything for install down to the firering is in the box, very trick little setup for the bov/bpv, just a nice setup. Especially at its price point.
Interested to see some numbers and driver feedback 👌

Interesting. I think you might want to upgrade the IWG in the future.

Following out of general curiosity

I still have the S242 on my car and the kit looks exactly the same, interesting to see how the numbers turn out.

Se7eN

Any Updates on the results of installation and tune?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Install is complete, then got tied up doing a turbo install for local guy. I’ll get it out this weekend and start my logs.
You are somewhat local to me, I am in LA it would be dope to see your car with that Turbo in person as its on my list of possible Turbo upgrades after I do my LSD.