Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Mag, any news from TT on the warranty front yet?
Honestly we still haven't sent it back. We just got the second kit in that was meant for the daily, but now that turbo is installed on the race car so that it can get back out on track. We have plans to send it out but it just keeps getting sidelined.

Magnetic

Honestly we still haven't sent it back. We just got the second kit in that was meant for the daily, but now that turbo is installed on the race car so that it can get back out on track. We have plans to send it out but it just keeps getting sidelined.
How are you liking the Veloster N? I'm thinking of buying one. I'll be keeping the FiST though.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
How are you liking the Veloster N? I'm thinking of buying one. I'll be keeping the FiST though.
100% love this car, it is a logical evolution of the FiST. I just installed a JB4 and am enjoying it even more lol. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.

Magnetic

100% love this car, it is a logical evolution of the FiST. I just installed a JB4 and am enjoying it even more lol. If you have any specific questions feel free to PM me.
I just recently found out about the VN like 3 years after its release LoL. I thought to myself "How come I never knew this car existed"?

The more videos I watched the more I thought this is a NEXT LEVEL FiST!! So yeah def an evolution of the FiST!

That DCT is what really caught my attention because I drove the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio (I was considering buying) and by the videos on youtube that VN DCT looks like it shifts even faster than that. But will be a $45K price difference. (albeit you get 500HP with the Alfa LOL) Hyundai is CRUSHING it!

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I just recently found out about the VN like 3 years after its release LoL. I thought to myself "How come I never knew this car existed"?

The more videos I watched the more I thought this is a NEXT LEVEL FiST!! So yeah def an evolution of the FiST!

That DCT is what really caught my attention because I drove the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio (I was considering buying) and by the videos on youtube that VN DCT looks like it shifts even faster than that. But will be a $45K price difference. (albeit you get 500HP with the Alfa LOL) Hyundai is CRUSHING it!
You are comparing completely different cars by even attempting to compare the Alfa. :LOL:
I personally will not buy a Hyundai after watching what happened with my friends Elantra over time.
I get that the VN seems to tick peoples boxes though great for them. I am not replacing my FiST with another hot hatch.
I will be buying a new Z though to sit alongside my FiST.

Magnetic

You are comparing completely different cars by even attempting to compare the Alfa. :LOL:
I personally will not buy a Hyundai after watching what happened with my friends Elantra over time.
I get that the VN seems to tick peoples boxes though great for them. I am not replacing my FiST with another hot hatch.
I will be buying a new Z though to sit alongside my FiST.
I was comparing the ZF to the Hyundai DCT not the car necessarily. Just added the specs for fun. My mother drove her Elantra until the car had 300,000 miles. The car was falling apart but the drivetrain was still solid and only needed a clutch LoL

Oh and BTW, I'll be keeping the FiST not replacing it ;-) It's an instant classic as we all know. Plus the Quadrifoglio isnt going anywhere but the Veloster is discontinued after 22 I believe someone said.

I'm considering the Z as well but that car isn't around yet and it will be around for a while so not in a rush. I can get the Veloster now to hold me over until I either get the Quad or the Z. I will also be keeping the Veloster N for many years since it'll be super rare. The Z will be like the current Z and 86 - everyone has one.

I was looking at used ones last night. If my car was stock id seriously look into one but ive already invested so much and im not done [emoji2960]

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I was looking at used ones last night. If my car was stock id seriously look into one but ive already invested so much and im not done [emoji2960]

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk
I had a ton invested too... Let me tell you it was easier taking it all off than putting it on hahaha.

Magnetic

Just got back from the dealership and was able to sit in the Veloster. It’s actually really nice inside. Like nice nice aside from the plastic people complain about. I actually didn’t mind it at all. I have to say though, the recados in the FiST are slightly more bolstered that the Hyundai seats and firmer as well. I felt a tad loose in the seat. Not enough that I won’t buy it but if they just made 1 more revision to the seats and added some leather they would be perfect. But again not complaining just an observation. They only had a black one and I want a white one. Told them to give me a call when they get one in. It looks better from the outside in person that in videos on YouTube.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just got back from the dealership and was able to sit in the Veloster. It’s actually really nice inside. Like nice nice aside from the plastic people complain about. I actually didn’t mind it at all. I have to say though, the recados in the FiST are slightly more bolstered that the Hyundai seats and firmer as well. I felt a tad loose in the seat. Not enough that I won’t buy it but if they just made 1 more revision to the seats and added some leather they would be perfect. But again not complaining just an observation. They only had a black one and I want a white one. Told them to give me a call when they get one in. It looks better from the outside in person that in videos on YouTube.
Good luck getting white. Its an insanely hard color to come by, it used to be the blue that everyone wanted but now everyone wants white lol.

Magnetic

Good luck getting white. Its an insanely hard color to come by, it used to be the blue that everyone wanted but now everyone wants white lol.
Yeah they said they should be getting a White one next year so I told them to call me when they get back in. I don't like black cars so had to pass. Especially here in AZ with 120+ summers, the paint wouldn't last. I'm not in a rush so if they call me I'll grab one next year. Plus I still have the FiST so no pressure yet LoL I wanted a white FiST but got the Magnetic since it was available. I like it a lot but always miss that i didnt buy a white one. Don't want to do that again haha

Installing the s280 and trying to prime the oil through oil feed line but having no luck. Sump is full of new oil but I'm getting no oil up to the feed line when I turn the engine over with the starter.
I've done it so many times the ecu had thrown an excessive crank time error.
(60 seconds total of cranking without a start).
Anyone have any ideas before I have to pull the pan and check pickup and oil pump?
Car has 25000 KM on Odo so I have no idea wtf is going on.
Thank you.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Installing the s280 and trying to prime the oil through oil feed line but having no luck. Sump is full of new oil but I'm getting no oil up to the feed line when I turn the engine over with the starter.
I've done it so many times the ecu had thrown an excessive crank time error.
(60 seconds total of cranking without a start).
Anyone have any ideas before I have to pull the pan and check pickup and oil pump?
Car has 25000 KM on Odo so I have no idea wtf is going on.
Thank you.
Im confused, how are you even looking for oil coming out of the feed line? You should be trying to see if oil comes out of the lower return line, not the feed.

Im confused, how are you even looking for oil coming out of the feed line? You should be trying to see if oil comes out of the lower return line, not the feed.
To clarify-
I had the oil feed line disconnected from the new turbo to start so I could see the oil flow through clean before touching the bearing housing. Once it was flowing and clean I hooked it up to the turbo.
I wasn't getting oil flow because I pre filled the oil filter and it was causing a 'hydro lock'.
Once I switched to a new empty oil filter it worked as expected.
Found someone discussing it on an old Subaru forum post.
Saved me a lot of headache.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oh I was thinking you were like holding up the hose to see and it was kinking.

I just installed our replacement S280 on our racecar and I didn't change the filter. Maybe I should lmao

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I'd love to know how you pre-filled the oil filter and didn't spill oil all over the place.
I used to half fill it on previous oil changes, but now I just install it empty, and then 'prime' the whole system/fill the filter by no ignition cranking after an oil change.

I'd love to know how you pre-filled the oil filter and didn't spill oil all over the place.
Long boring story but yeah I did and yes
oil went all over the place. Enough remained in the filter for this to occur though. I went 120 seconds of total cranking time on the pre filled filter with no flow.
Switched to dry filter and had gravy in under 10.

This is the site that pointed me in the direction
https://www.flatironstuning.com/blo...Y8VbP4C5QWA-1634096606-0-gqNtZGzNA5CjcnBszQm9