Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

If you don't mind me picking your brain a little on the Whoosh Hybrid? How does the power compare to the OEM? Where does the power come on and end in the rpm band? I like the bottom end pull of the OEM but to me it feels like it starts to die around 4500 rpm. Interested in how the Whoosh compares.
i have a Whoosh turbo and a Tune+ tune. i have all the supporting mods minus a catback and exhaust manifold. this datalog was with 93 octane. with a catback and a manifold i may get another 5-10 hp out of it. the spool time without an exhaust manifold *IS* noticeable which is why i am gonna go ahead and pay the price for my impatience.

Attachments

felopr

i have a Whoosh turbo and a Tune+ tune. i have all the supporting mods minus a catback and exhaust manifold. this datalog was with 93 octane. with a catback and a manifold i may get another 5-10 hp out of it. the spool time without an exhaust manifold *IS* noticeable which is why i am gonna go ahead and pay the price for my impatience.
that log starts so late

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Probably speculation, no one has it and if someone have it, they said they are gonna dyno it but disappear...
When I get mine I will post up all this data. I'm surprised that no one has done so already.

Its one of two things:

1) the turbo sucks and does not meet anyones expectations
2) its amazing and everyone is busy playing with it

My BA intercooler will be installed on Monday, and the turbo will come sometime in November.

Se7eN

When I get mine I will post up all this data. I'm surprised that no one has done so already.

Its one of two things:

My BA intercooler will be installed on Monday, and the turbo will come sometime in November.
Probably the users are unimpressed which would suck.

wetwea33

Probably the users are unimpressed which would suck.
Not the case with the person I've been talking too. He posted a vdyno in the Facebook group as well. ~325whp on 93 in 100 degree weather.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Se7eN

Not the case with the person I've been talking too. He posted a vdyno in the Facebook group as well. ~325whp on 93 in 100 degree weather.

I don't trust Vdyno all that much. Too many variables can change the reading. If your don't do it right of course.

wetwea33

I don't trust Vdyno all that much. Too many variables can change the reading. If your don't do it right of course.
Meh it's really not that difficult to use properly. Most people who dyno there cars and compare they are pretty close. Even so it's a good tool to visualize the power and boost curve.

Se7eN

Meh it's really not that difficult to use properly. Most people who dyno there cars and compare they are pretty close. Even so it's a good tool to visualize the power and boost curve.
which FB group? or what post? I saw one of a guy asking about it but literally no one answered it and it was recently.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've seen Dynos and Virtual Dynos side by side and they can be off by as much as 10-15% vs an actual Dyno or Mustang Dyno FYI.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

felopr

Its one of two things:

i dont think it sucks, i mean i t went 11 in the uk...

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Regardless of the vdyno numbers, I'd like to see how power comes in.

Sometimes there's a bit of lag on the bigger turbos, but it's all relative. When a torque curve has a much higher peak than stock, some people overlook that sometimes the torque numbers even lower in the RPM band are still similar to stock, they're just eclipsed by the rest of the curve, so you're not really losing much down low at all.

I've been searching for a dyno graph of this turbo, so if anybody finds one, please post a link.

Erick_V

Did the conversions for ya'll, video above come out to 333hp/326tq. The description says the mods were intake, turboback exhaust, intercooler and wga. I've been trying to decide on what turbo I end up going with in the next year or so and this one has been in the back of my mind for a while. Just want to see more data on it before I pull the trigger.

felopr

Did the conversions for ya'll, video above come out to 333hp/326tq. The description says the mods were intake, turboback exhaust, intercooler and wga. I've been trying to decide on what turbo I end up going with in the next year or so and this one has been in the back of my mind for a while. Just want to see more data on it before I pull the trigger.
PS to Whp is less. 333 is bhp

Ford Community Posts