Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

What can the wastegate with the kit do boost wise? I left my heat shield out in anticipation for your 14psi one that's coming

wetwea33

What can the wastegate with the kit do boost wise? I left my heat shield out in anticipation for your 14psi one that's coming
Wastegate pressure will be what he said 5-7psi. A stiffer spring just helps to hold boost in the top end. The supplied actuators with all of the upgraded turbos are garbage.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
How was fitment and install? I'm looking at this and the X57, but like the drop-in aspect of the X47. I also generally like the idea of comparable HP with less boost with the larger turbos.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
How was fitment and install? I'm looking at this and the X57, but like the drop-in aspect of the X47. I also generally like the idea of comparable HP with less boost with the larger turbos.
I haven't been in an X57 car, no one has one. But looking at graphs of them seems to point to them being similar to this. However I know Pumaspeed can be dubious when it comes to quality. You also need to get the x57R or RS to get the same performance of this turbo, and the RS "requires" a forged motor.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
As far as I know Jason at Dizzy has an x57 and will be tuning/ installing it...BTW.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
As far as I know Jason at Dizzy has an x57 and will be tuning/ installing it...BTW.

Well Pinwheel is tuning a 57RS but he wont post numbers, just datazap screenshots of irrelevant figures. It will be nice to have a real tuner put out some good info.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
On the x57 front. There is a girl out here that is kinda sponsored by Pwnall she has one in her car now but there have not been any numbers.
I personally would not go near that Turbo but thats just me. I am either going S280or Whoosh.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
On the x57 front. There is a girl out here that is kinda sponsored by Pwnall she has one in her car now but there have not been any numbers.
I personally would not go near that Turbo but thats just me. I am either going S280or Whoosh.
Same person I was mentioning. She posted snapshots on Facebook and I asked for lb/min numbers, she asked Tim, we never saw them. It looks like a decent turbo, but all I've seen from Pumaspeed is terrible shit, so I would also stay away.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
I think Ron will stand behind his product more than pumaspeed has in the past. If a hybrid is what you want, his is the way to go.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
The x57(r,rs) and the s280(s290) aren't hybrids.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I said hybrid witch I know means stock frame turbo. Neither the x57 or s280 are stock frame turbos. Just saying I rather trust Ron. If it was between x57 or whoosh track spec, I would pick Ron's just so I could feel confident.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
In defense of knockoffs response to my post I did post S280 or Whoosh and in mentioning Whoosh I did mean his hybrid,. Also he is the rep stateside for the S280 so its kinda of leads to knockoffs comment being on point.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
X57 and s280 are both bespoke....so no using stock housings.....completely re-designed.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
X57 and s280 are both bespoke....so no using stock housings.....completely re-designed.

No one was arguing that nor did knockoff say that. He merely was stating that he felt Whoosh was the way to go for a Hybrid and he made that comment. Which was based off my comment of not trusting Pwnall or a X57. Wetwea33 misinterpreted his statement thinking he was saying a S280 was a hybrid. Neither I nor knockoff ever made the statement that either the x57 or S280 were hybrids or that that they used stock housings.
You guys went off without A; either fully reading the comments or reading one persons comments but not the others they were based off. :ROFLMAO: