Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
was going to post about SPA again, but just remembered that I already ordered the meth-charge pipe from CPE.

I'm getting meth. I'm going that route. It is done.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you daily your car at all? They're recommending internals and whatnot for the S290 and their engine dyno results are not with a stock 1.6EB
I'm half kidding. I love the spool of the S280 so if any of that goes away with the S290 I likely wouldn't upgrade. Those initial dyno graphs definitely show slower spool. I plan to eventually build my engine, yes.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm half kidding. I love the spool of the S280 so if any of that goes away with the S290 I likely wouldn't upgrade. Those initial dyno graphs definitely show slower spool. I plan to eventually build my engine, yes.
I think it would be a great turbo with the right supporting setup but i don't see it working as well on a stock engine. I think the S280 is the best all around-er

Who are you guys using to tune this turbo? JST? Stratified? Is it normal to have 7 revisions on a tune? That seems high to me. If I got this turbo and wanted an e30 and a 91 tune how many data logs and revisions should I expect to go through?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Who are you guys using to tune this turbo? JST? Stratified? Is it normal to have 7 revisions on a tune? That seems high to me. If I got this turbo and wanted an e30 and a 91 tune how many data logs and revisions should I expect to go through?
Yup, pretty normal. If you read the thread, all of us have said who we are tuning with. If that seems high to you, you can travel to a reputable pro-tuner who has ecoboost experience and have him/her perform the tune on a dyno. Should take 2-3 hours to the cost of ~$750-1000. Likely 10-12 revisions per fuel choice.

Se7eN

Personally I've had up to 20+ revisions when dealing with minor issues. On even normal tune it might take that long if the tuner is taking his time in adjusting little increments. So don't expect to have 3 revisions do 91oct and 3 on E30, also for E30 you'll most likely need aux fuel.

Se7eN

Yup, pretty normal. If you read the thread, all of us have said who we are tuning with. If that seems high to you, you can travel to a reputable pro-tuner who has ecoboost experience and have him/her perform the tune on a dyno. Should take 2-3 hours to the cost of ~$750-1000. Likely 10-12 revisions per fuel choice.
Even then, on a dyno it might take 10 or 12 pulls to get it right, even slight adjustments after since the dyno is not the same as running on the road.

Thanks for the info guys. I now have a much better idea what to expect w the e-tune process. I’m in NM and have an e85 station 1 mile away, but sadly no 93 octane, just 91 (same as I had in Cali). Somehow I can justify the cost of the turbo and supporting mods, but I can’t see myself doing aux. Therefore I guess the hybrid is the better choice because I prefer running e30. If only the hybrid was $1350-1400, how easy the choice would be!

wetwea33

Thanks for the info guys. I now have a much better idea what to expect w the e-tune process. I’m in NM and have an e85 station 1 mile away, but sadly no 93 octane, just 91 (same as I had in Cali). Somehow I can justify the cost of the turbo and supporting mods, but I can’t see myself doing aux. Therefore I guess the hybrid is the better choice because I prefer running e30. If only the hybrid was $1350-1400, how easy the choice would be!
I would still go with the s280 and save up for aux over time. You could run 4 port and run straight e85.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Has anybody tried tuning on E20 on the stock fuel system or is it just not worth running any ethanol on this turbo without port injection?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk