Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

wetwea33

Has anybody tried tuning on E20 on the stock fuel system or is it just not worth running any ethanol on this turbo without port injection?

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
You could probably get away with it to run some more timing but you would need to ask your tuner how much fuel you have left in it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Anyone max this turbo out yet? I just picked up on the tuning process again. I'm only at 8 degrees of timing and 24psi (e50+4 port). I'm excited that I have that much power on the table for the next few revisions. If anyone is having fueling issues while using a micro controller...the crimped ground for the controller wasnt making perfect connection because the insulator wasnt stripped back far enough. So the controller wasnt always on. Just a heads up. I'm stoked to start this up again

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Anyone max this turbo out yet? I just picked up on the tuning process again. I'm only at 8 degrees of timing and 24psi (e50+4 port). I'm excited that I have that much power on the table for the next few revisions. If anyone is having fueling issues while using a micro controller...the crimped ground for the controller wasnt making perfect connection because the insulator wasnt stripped back far enough. So the controller wasnt always on. Just a heads up. I'm stoked to start this up again
You are the first that I have seen on the forums and the facebook to already be tuning on ethanol. Can you post up some logs and/or Vdyno graphs on this thread?

https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...o-and-datalog-thread.22987/page-3#post-393140

Would love to see where you are at. @wetwea33 , myself, and others are still dialing in our 93 tunes on aux fuel and I know @wetwea33 is waiting until spring to start ethanol tuning. Where are you located?

Fortunately I am in San Diego which may have something to do with that. Adam wanted to wait until spring until he found out it's 62 degrees here currently at 9am. I have logs. Any tips on how to post them?

Se7eN

did you get the VR plugs?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Fortunately I am in San Diego which may have something to do with that. Adam wanted to wait until spring until he found out it's 62 degrees here currently at 9am. I have logs. Any tips on how to post them?
https://datazap.me/

Or if you prefer, I will PM you my email address and I can post them.

I honestly didn’t know what it could be. I re did the wastegate hoses twice thinking that was the problem. Did all the clamps twice scratched my head for a while, thought about changing the WGA, then looked at the photo posted way back in the thread of the kit put together outside of the car and realized it was wrong.

Technically it wasn’t a boost leak. The solenoid was getting boost in the vent intake line and just kept the wastegate open all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you have a picture of what the boost solenoid lines should connect too?

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
And here is the Wing dinger......Do do do da doot do! If you all didn't already know.....looks pretty snazzy! Whenever it comes out....

https://www.turbotechnics.com/s280-vs-s290/

This is what I take away from this article

The target peak horsepower rating for the S290 is 400+bhp, which is a significant increase over the 350bhp rating of the S280. To achieve this jump in performance, the S290 is designed to handle much higher volumes of gas flow, which in turn carries a penalty in response. In simple terms, it is designed for flat-out performance, not daily drivability.

In contrast the S280 was designed to be as near to a perfect balance of top end performance and drivability as possible, losing very little of the excellent response of the smaller S270, but extending the top-end performance for better and more consistent performance on track. In short, it will continue to be the ultimate all-rounder and the best choice for the vast majority of customers.

In the end, unless your car is a flat out racecar with a built engine S280 > S290

People: my TIP desired (42) vs tip desired(hitting 44 wot) is an issue. I'm looking for ideas on what else it could be as I will explain what I've done to trouble shoot this far...hitting 29psi would be awesome except the TIP overshooting the desired caused a hard throttle close event.
S280-4port-e50-TS 14psi gate setup
Circumvented the boost control solenoid by hooking then compressor nipple to the gate nipple..ran 14-15psi. Then bought and installed a new solenoid. Still no top end boost control(tip overshooting the desired level)
Found the banjo on the TS gate to be a little loose...it spun pretty freely and according to the TS data sheet it should have some resistance

Both of those things didn't change the TIP overshooting.

Help me please! Lol

I have 92 emails back and forth with my tuner so yes I'm in constant contact with him. I'm looking for troubleshooting advice...

Se7eN

People: my TIP desired (42) vs tip desired(hitting 44 wot) is an issue. I'm looking for ideas on what else it could be as I will explain what I've done to trouble shoot this far...hitting 29psi would be awesome except the TIP overshooting the desired caused a hard throttle close event.
S280-4port-e50-TS 14psi gate setup
Circumvented the boost control solenoid by hooking then compressor nipple to the gate nipple..ran 14-15psi. Then bought and installed a new solenoid. Still no top end boost control(tip overshooting the desired level)
Found the banjo on the TS gate to be a little loose...it spun pretty freely and according to the TS data sheet it should have some resistance

Both of those things didn't change the TIP overshooting.

Help me please! Lol

I have 92 emails back and forth with my tuner so yes I'm in constant contact with him. I'm looking for troubleshooting advice...
I mean this seems to be an issue in tuning itself. Most of these issues are due to the desired being to low or boost not being set correctly. The problem with the Cobb program is that there are 10 tables that work with load, 10 that work with boost, 5 with timing and so forth.

My tuner is well aware of the issue currently. It showed it's face at the tail end of my e50 tuning. I'm here for any suggestions from anyone so I can move forward and finally have a finished fiesta lol