Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

Se7eN

Thanks to everyone for their input on the shaving! I'll pick up a file just in case when I eventually get the turbo. Hope sometime in the next month! Wouldn't trust myself with a sawzall in the engine bay
Or a grinder with limited space. A dremmel would work great thought. Takes care of it in like 30secs.

jeff

2000 Post Club
I watched about 3 of his videos for like the 5th time to get some more info. As always they're a bounty of information! Just gotta wait and see if the seller even replies to me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have an opinion here. Now if my X47 gave up the ghost right now I'd get an S280 to replace it mainly because Puma doesn't make the X47 any more but also because their other newer "better and beastlier" products are irrelevant to me because of the next few sentences I'll write. So, on the street 300whp is useless unless you're in 3rd gear or higher because the tires are spinning before that. So yes 300whp is more than 280whp but is it useable? Only after about 45mph. If you're one of those people that races in Mexico into the triple digits on Friday nights, sure get the one with 20 more hp and you'll maybe beat an Audi. For the rest of us, 20 more hp won't matter in most situations because you can't put 280whp down much less 300whp. I have probably the stickiest extra-wide street tires you can get and all the traction mods and I still can't do it. Unless you get 245s or something you're out of luck. And most of us aren't doing that. And LSD doesn't help, it only makes both tires spin instead of one. I've been in those cars.

All I said above means nothing if you're building a drag car and hunting the best 1/4 times with slicks.

You have to shave down your engine block like some people did?
Check out Adam Brunson's youtube channel....he put an S280 on his Fiesta maybe a year ago and gives a detailed talk on how/where/why the block needs to be shaved. It's a very minor and simple and safe job, like 5 minutes as others said. Nothing super dangerous or scary. The videos are very enjoyable for any Fiesta owner regardless of turbo choice.

He's a great tuner too and will tune your S280 remotely and your tune won't have Covid19. @Tune+

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I have an opinion here. Now if my X47 gave up the ghost right now I'd get an S280 to replace it mainly because Puma doesn't make the X47 any more but also because their other newer "better and beastlier" products are irrelevant to me because of the next few sentences I'll write. So, on the street 300whp is useless unless you're in 3rd gear or higher because the tires are spinning before that. So yes 300whp is more than 280whp but is it useable? Only after about 45mph. If you're one of those people that races in Mexico into the triple digits on Friday nights, sure get the one with 20 more hp and you'll maybe beat an Audi. For the rest of us, 20 more hp won't matter in most situations because you can't put 280whp down much less 300whp. I have probably the stickiest extra-wide street tires you can get and all the traction mods and I still can't do it. Unless you get 245s or something you're out of luck. And most of us aren't doing that. And LSD doesn't help, it only makes both tires spin instead of one. I've been in those cars.

All I said above means nothing if you're building a drag car and hunting the best 1/4 times with slicks.

Check out Adam Brunson's youtube channel....he put an S280 on his Fiesta maybe a year ago and gives a detailed talk on how/where/why the block needs to be shaved. It's a very minor and simple and safe job, like 5 minutes as others said. Nothing super dangerous or scary. The videos are very enjoyable for any Fiesta owner regardless of turbo choice.

He's a great tuner too and will tune your S280 remotely and your tune won't have Covid19. @Tune+
Thank you so much for all the info! I agree with you about the power as it really isn't that useful as you said. That turbo had 20k miles on it, which is more than my car at the moment. I'm hoping a new S280 will bring me less issues than a used turbo, and since it spools a little later less mechanical wear. I skimmed those videos a few times but I must have missed that part about the shaving, it sounds pretty easy to do so I'm not too concerned. Also gonna have my friend who was a master tech at Subaru help me out so I'm sure I'll be good, he has a FoST now. When it comes to tuning in deciding between Jason and Adam

wetwea33

Did you pop a motor?
Yes. Had headgasket failure sympotms and overheated one day on the way to work. Pulled the head and I had two cracks in the cylinder walls and scorching on the walls. Will be picking a motor up this week I have the front end off ready to drop another in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jayrod1980

Yes. Had headgasket failure sympotms and overheated one day on the way to work. Pulled the head and I had two cracks in the cylinder walls and scorching on the walls. Will be picking a motor up this week I have the front end off ready to drop another in.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
That’s a bummer... where do you get another motor?

friends, I have plans to place an S280 in my Fist, but I have many doubts about it, especially about certain details that you realize until you are at that moment, I hope you can help me, here are the questions.
1- The tune must be run when the turbo is already installed in the vehicle, I mean, I place the turbo and before turning it on I do the process with the AP to run the tune and then turn it on, or I must run the tune before place the turbo (I mean, parked in the workshop before disassembling the turbo I run the tune and then turn it off and start to place the S280).

2- should I do an Oil Prime Procedure with this turbo when placing it ???

3- Can I use the same oil that I have at the moment (I just did the oil change) and only have a few quarts ready for any oil loss.

4- if I can use the same oil, how many miles should I wait to do a new oil change

and please if you have any detail that I must know to make the S280 work perfect please let me know, I will really apreciate

Se7eN

friends, I have plans to place an S280 in my Fist, but I have many doubts about it, especially about certain details that you realize until you are at that moment, I hope you can help me, here are the questions.
1- The tune must be run when the turbo is already installed in the vehicle, I mean, I place the turbo and before turning it on I do the process with the AP to run the tune and then turn it on, or I must run the tune before place the turbo (I mean, parked in the workshop before disassembling the turbo I run the tune and then turn it off and start to place the S280).

2- should I do an Oil Prime Procedure with this turbo when placing it ???

3- Can I use the same oil that I have at the moment (I just did the oil change) and only have a few quarts ready for any oil loss.

4- if I can use the same oil, how many miles should I wait to do a new oil change

and please if you have any detail that I must know to make the S280 work perfect please let me know, I will really apreciate
1. the tuner usually sends you a Base Map for the first tune after the turbo is already installed.
2. Do the oil prime procedure Accelerator and Clutch hard down 100% then hit the on button. Engine will crank but not start. Do it twice.
3. You can use the same oil, but try to use new oil.
4. The turbo will be breaking in but i doubt it leaves much residue so no worries there.