Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

friends what is the best option tune for S280
Dizzy or Tune +
I know Adam at tune + is doing a lot of r&d on his fist with the s280 but last I heard, Jason @ dizzy also is running a s280 on his fist as well so I’m sure they both know what they are doing it just comes down to preference, if it was me I would go dizzy but that’s because I’ve had 3 different tunes from him already and I haven’t been anything but truly satisfied.
His turn around time is insane, you would think he works 24/7 365. I think both are amazing at their craft but +1 for dizzy here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Se7eN

I have a question.

Has anyone using the stock WG that came with the S280 ever experience issues with all of a sudden getting Less Boost? One of the guys in my local group is having boost issues, found no boost leaks and yet the Waste Gate preload which was set a little higher than stock by who installed it has dropped off by about 4psi. I'm wondering if maybe the extra turns might have damaged the WG?

The ones I've installed have had no issue with boost but they did have the Turbosmart WG actuator which is about 14psi.

I have a question.

Has anyone using the stock WG that came with the S280 ever experience issues with all of a sudden getting Less Boost? One of the guys in my local group is having boost issues, found no boost leaks and yet the Waste Gate preload which was set a little higher than stock by who installed it has dropped off by about 4psi. I'm wondering if maybe the extra turns might have damaged the WG?

The ones I've installed have had no issue with boost but they did have the Turbosmart WG actuator which is about 14psi.
I’ve heard of a couple of people that have boost issues with the s280 and everyone of those was on stock WG so I think it could just be a cheap WG they use.

Se7eN

I’ve heard of a couple of people that have boost issues with the s280 and everyone of those was on stock WG so I think it could just be a cheap WG they use.
I had a feeling it had to be it. I already told him to get the upgraded WG. Thanks

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I have a question.

Very common, yes.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If anyone here was looking to buy an S280, I have mine for sale at the moment. It has around 10k miles on it, PM if interested.

wetwea33

What are you moving on to?
I haven't completly made up my mind yet. Considering stinger GTs, s550s, and a3 Quattros. Leaning heavily towards the a3 as it's about 10k+ cheaper then the others used and will give me a big headroom to mod anp is a nice daily. If toyota brought the yaris gr to the USA I would immediatly buy one. I will get another fist to fully build and gut once I get a more permanent living spot and the platform develops a bit more.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
I haven't completly made up my mind yet. Considering stinger GTs, s550s, and a3 Quattros. Leaning heavily towards the a3 as it's about 10k+ cheaper then the others used and will give me a big headroom to mod anp is a nice daily. If toyota brought the yaris gr to the USA I would immediatly buy one. I will get another fist to fully build and gut once I get a more permanent living spot and the platform develops a bit more.

Had a 2015 2.0 A3 Quattro before this car. No mods, but still fun and definitely a step up in quality.

wetwea33

Had a 2015 2.0 A3 Quattro before this car. No mods, but still fun and definitely a step up in quality.
I would be getting a 2017+ with the ea888 gen 3. Same motor and dct as the mk7 gti. Alot stronger of a motor then any of the ecoboosts with a ton of potential. Is38 hybrid with fueling your looking at ~450whp. I was originally trying to get away from 4 bangers for the time being but it's tempting.

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
As said. I moved on to a Veloster N.

There has been some interest in the turbo. But it’s still sitting in my garage at the moment.

The fist community will miss you and your contributions. Good luck with the new whip.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The fist community will miss you and your contributions. Good luck with the new whip.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
I plan to stick around and contribute what I can :). But as far as anything new that comes out... welp, someone else will have to try it! [emoji1787]

DAW

get an rs3.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
If I blew a motor I'd rather get another used fist (if at all) than try to rebuild. I got burned bad when I dropped $8k to rebuild my MS3.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk