Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

jeff

2000 Post Club
Video of it in action. I’ll post links up in here for all of you on the fence. I’ll try to post something up once a week.
Nice video. Since the cockpit is so long in our cars and the speedo/tach is so small I've found that my head mount doesn't capture what's happening very well. I rigged up a system to attach the camera to my steering wheel for such videos. But then you couldn't see the 350Z race.

I took my s280 powered fiesta to a local dyno recently, no aux fuel, 91 octane (e30 in progress) video link is below. Dyno was way overcorrected IMO, pretty typical for my area (5000ft+ elevation) but numbers came back as 320whp-339whp. Didn't run a fan on my car so by the third pull she was getting toasty, hence the power drop. Everyone was very surprised the fiesta put more power down than the subarus and focus
View: https://youtu.be/cTUr0D-1fiQ

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I took my s280 powered fiesta to a local dyno recently, no aux fuel, 91 octane (e30 in progress) video link is below. Dyno was way overcorrected IMO, pretty typical for my area (5000ft+ elevation) but numbers came back as 320whp-339whp. Didn't run a fan on my car so by the third pull she was getting toasty, hence the power drop. Everyone was very surprised the fiesta put more power down than the subarus and focus
View: https://youtu.be/cTUr0D-1fiQ
I can honestly tell you that dyno is not calibrated right lol. I am at sea level and would not expect more than 275-285 max on 91. I too have the S280 and my Mustang dyno numbers looked terrible lol except it was properly calibrated Mustang dyno and the operator told me a dynojet dyno would read out around 50-60 more HP which would put me at 270-280. I can tell you my car goes like stink and I am actually itching to see it on a dynojet dyno because of that. There is no way at 5k ft elevation you are putting down 320-339 on pump gas. The Turbo has too much airflow for the stock fuel system to support those kind of numbers it would lean out at 300HP. Jason at Dizzy has blogged and posted about this fact with his own car. Adam at Tune+ has pushed things knowing stuff was going to to boom.

Last edited:
Yep, i agree. Jason is my tuner. We talked about the numbers over email. I do run more boost to make up for elevation, 30psi on my latest e30 map. My goal for the car was 280ish whp. I bet that's where I'm at now. Buddy's FBO e30 fiesta made 214whp, which again, seems high considering we don't see over 19lbs/min flow up here. I think the dyno was just calibrated a little high to get people excited at the dyno day

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Andy Mack

I can't explain it any better than this guy - just watch the video and you'll know what the benefits are.
View: https://youtu.be/FrFeaNGDnOk
in watching the video (and although this part of the thread is old) there's no question that the extra contained heat causes the turbo to spool and boost quicker.

Agreed this is what I have witnessed here in tropical weather.
It's super common (at least in my experience) at elevation to see a lot of correction on dynos. Last time I was at one of these my near stock mazdaspeed 3 made 315whp lol, i was expecting ~270 with the few mods i had. I just keep my mouth shut because almost no one ever makes the power they say they are pushing (probably because of elevation again) even with the corrections and i don't want to be that guy raining on everyone's parade.

Using the dynos as a delta is fair though, and luckily my buddy ran his bolt on e30 car @214whp so i can get a sense of power gain (even if it's a little inflated) and what kind of power the other local car guys are making compared to my little party car

So I'll be joining the S280 ranks as it seems my Whoosh turbo has failed. Assuming its the oil seal leaking oil into the exhaust- burnt oil smoke off and on out of the exhaust. Besides the smoke screen, car runs normal/fine. Man I loved this turbo and has been a TON of fun for about a year and a half. But for the sake of reliability and maybe some performance gain I see the S280 is just the best choice for me. I ordered the kit and going with Adam this time for tuning. Had Dizzy last time and was super happy with Jason but want to try something different since I know Adam is also the man.

I've read this thread twice over and still researching as much as I can to prepare for the install and compare/contrast performance and tuning to what I had before. I'll probably have a few install related questions coming up.

CSM

1000 Post Club
Maybe I'm missing it (and excuse me for not crawling through all 86 pages of this thread individually lol) but I have a question:
- How do you mount the OEM style diverter valve to the S280 kit? Doesn't look like the turbo has the 3 bolt flange (or does it?)

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Maybe I'm missing it (and excuse me for not crawling through all 86 pages of this thread individually lol) but I have a question:
- How do you mount the OEM style diverter valve to the S280 kit? Doesn't look like the turbo has the 3 bolt flange (or does it?)
I believe it comes with a small adapter so it works with stock or gfb type stuff.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I will answer that it comes with a inlet hose that has a branch tube and a adapter to bolt on either the stock diverter valve or aftermarket blowoff.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
I will answer that it comes with a inlet hose that has a branch tube and a adapter to bolt on either the stock diverter valve or aftermarket blowoff.
Can you just stick a symposer delete plug or something of the sort in there if you’re already running a symposer port BOV?

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Can you just stick a symposer delete plug or something of the sort in there if you’re already running a symposer port BOV?
You could though that is like completely backwards. :LOL: Its like the point of the plug is to block off the symposer. If you really wanted to go down that road you could probably just get an elbow hose that fit the turbo without the blowoff branch.
I would rather leave the blowoff by the Turbo IMO. Its really closer to original design for the car. While I am for adding mods Keeping things not to crazy looking underhood just makes sense.

Its not like we have a nice looking engine that looks great when presented and looks even more awesome with bolt ons..

In fact its a mass of wires and hoses with a valve that was designed for function way over form.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
You could though that is like completely backwards. :LOL: Its like the point of the plug is to block off the symposer. If you really wanted to go down that road you could probably just get an elbow hose that fit the turbo without the blowoff branch.
I would rather leave the blowoff by the Turbo IMO. Its really closer to original design for the car. While I am for adding mods Keeping things not to crazy looking underhood just makes sense.

Its not like we have a nice looking engine that looks great when presented and looks even more awesome with bolt ons..

In fact its a mass of wires and hoses with a valve that was designed for function way over form.
Totally agree, was just thinking what would be less work because I'm a bum

Se7eN

All you need is that OEM BOV block off plate. It'll fit in the adapter that comes on with the turbo so I does not recirculate or leak boost. You can run your normal symposer BOV like that. 2 of the cars I installed the S280 on where like that.

You could though that is like completely backwards. [emoji38] Its like the point of the plug is to block off the symposer. If you really wanted to go down that road you could probably just get an elbow hose that fit the turbo without the blowoff branch.

Has anyone reached out to turbo technics to see if it's possible to get an intake elbow and charge pipe elbow without the ports for the diverter valve? I run a cpe exhale kit myself and am using a plug for the factory location diverter valve, would be a bit cleaner to just remove all that