Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Has anyone reached out to turbo technics to see if it's possible to get an intake elbow and charge pipe elbow without the ports for the diverter valve? I run a cpe exhale kit myself and am using a plug for the factory location diverter valve, would be a bit cleaner to just remove all that

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I am sure if you just took there hose measured the openings and did some digging on the net you could find one that fit. Though ya some would consider that too much trouble.

I am sure if you just took there hose measured the openings and did some digging on the net you could find one that fit. Though ya some would consider that too much trouble.
Yeah I was thinking about that but I'm wondering about that boost reference point on the diverter valve adapter. Wouldn't the intake elbow need to have a nipple fitting for vacuum? It all connects to the boost control solenoid

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

I finally buttoned up the installation of my new S280 last night and as I was cleaning up I found the WGA heat shield. I'd really like to enjoy the car for a little while before tearing into it again to install the heat shield but I don't want to damage the wastegate actuator. It doesn't seem like it would be critical but just wanted to get a second opinion.

Se7eN

I finally buttoned up the installation of my new S280 last night and as I was cleaning up I found the WGA heat shield. I'd really like to enjoy the car for a little while before tearing into it again to install the heat shield but I don't want to damage the wastegate actuator. It doesn't seem like it would be critical but just wanted to get a second opinion.
I eliminated the heat shield of most of the cars I installed the S280 on. Because mostly that heat shield blocks the clamp from properly fitting on the cold side turbo elbow. One of the guys decided that cutting it to make it fit would make them feel better about it. But it's not really that necessary. I mean it's not like the WGA is already bolted up to the hottest thing on the car anyways.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
because I already have the mishimoto hot and cold side pipes fitted to the car
I would run the Hot pipe that comes with S280 kit. The kit is a complete setup with everything needed designed for it. why try to complicate things by using something that was designed independently and not for the S280.

I had a Mountune Hotpipe previous to my S280 install. I took it off.
You can sell the Mishimoto and recoup some cash. I am not quite sure why you feel so married to the Mishimoto. I

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Does anyone know is it’s straight forward to run a S280 along side a Mishimoto hot side pipe?
The short answer to this is no. It won't work due to the compressor outlet being in a different spot vs the stock one. That is why TT included a hot pipe with the kit.

Did anyone else notice how loud the intake side of this turbo is after installing. The damn thing sounds like a Jet engine when on boost and I am running the stock intake tube and air box. Its WAY louder than the stock setup.
yeah its freakin awesome, any hill under load is where it shines; minimal exhaust noise with all the spool noises one could ask for from a 1.6L lol. im loving it, even though im still (-_-) on a base map with 0% WGDC

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Lol Wait till you guys get some real boost going. Yes it does not sound stock at all in fact the stock turbo did not sound like much to begin with. :LOL:
In fact I was gonna put a ITG Maxogen Intake on in place of my ST200 Airbox but between the Turbo my Mountune Sportcat downpipe and my Thermal RD exhaust its like naw car makes plenty of noise now.

Lol Wait till you guys get some real boost going. Yes it does not sound stock at all in fact the stock turbo did not sound like much to begin with. :LOL:
In fact I was gonna put a ITG Maxogen Intake on in place of my ST200 Airbox but between the Turbo my Mountune Sportcat downpipe and my Thermal RD exhaust its like naw car makes plenty of noise now.
I have the ITG paired with mine. The sounds are glorious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fusion Works

Found the boost leak, I missed re-tightening the clamp at the compressor outlet. I wouldn't blow off, but it did leak a lot. Fixed that and it quieted up a lot.

On iteration K of the tune and making solid improvements. 260ish whp/270/whtq so far. Fighting heat issues while on the dyno of course. Should get it better soon. Looking to see how far we can go on regular 93.

I had my S280 installed a few weeks ago so I thought I'd join in on the fun here.

On the base tune my boost pressure maxed at around 20 lbs. WGDC was zero on those logs. I just received my first revision and am now maxing at 18 lbs. From looking at the log table I see some added WGDC (around 30 if I remember correctly) so I'd expect more boost, not less. I'm guessing when I installed the hot side S hose (this was something I did myself after the turbo was installed because shipping took too long) that I didn't do as good a job as I thought and may have developed a leak sometime between the logs on the base tune and the first revision. I think I was worried about over tightening the clamps but maybe they can handle more than I think.

As a newbie to all of this I'm open to suggestions but if the S hose is all good I'm guessing I'll just start at the turbo and follow the air all the way to the intake.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Waiting on my S280 to arrive. Currently running a Cobb CAI since it came with my car. Worth switching it up to the ITG or something else? Or does it really matter?

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Waiting on my S280 to arrive. Currently running a Cobb CAI since it came with my car. Worth switching it up to the ITG or something else? Or does it really matter?
You can keep the Cobb if you want. It won't really make a difference, so it's up to preference on look and sound for you. Performance wise it'll be the same. If anything, an open air intake would suck in hot engine air and could limit performance too...

How long did you guys have to wait to get your s280s? I just passed 8 weeks since ordering, and I just want to make sure this wait is normal lol.

How long did you guys have to wait to get your s280s? I just passed 8 weeks since ordering, and I just want to make sure this wait is normal lol.
yeaup it took atleast that to get mine. Youll get it soon, but use this “free” time to order any other parts you think you might want as this delay is across the board. not very enjoyable piecing together the build all because of shipping.