Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turbo Technics S280

felopr

Just giving my opinion here, but I don't think tuners need to do anything special here. The way you tuned fuel on this cars is you set at what AFR you want the car to run given the rpm and load and the ecu does it dynamically. You dont really care about injector duty cicle in direct injection (i dont think there is even one on direct injection) , you just gotta make sure the FRP doesn't drop below certain pressure.
Just giving my opinion here, i dont know if i am right or wrong

To tune for uprated injectors the manufacturer needs to release specific data so a tuner can adjust fueling parameters. No data no tuning. 🐀

felopr

To tune for uprated injectors the manufacturer needs to release specific data so a tuner can adjust fueling parameters. No data no tuning. 🐀
Then explain me how the uk guys are doing it then?

As I said earlier in this thread, I tried to go this route a while ago. Why didn’t it happen?
I asked Randy Robles (Mountune)and he said “We are currently not tuning for uprated injectors at this time.” Then I sought out Mitch Levy (CPE). He went so far as contacting Bosch for information and got nothing.
I was barking up the wrong tree regardless.
4 port is the way to go if you’re seeking big power end of story. Period.
Do your own research and see what you come up with. I don’t know about the UK and who cares if they’re using big injectors. I am pretty sure tuning would have to be done on a dyno anyway so the point is moot. 🐀

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
the right tuner can most certainly tune for these here in the US
Just confirmed once again how it's done a few moments ago. Not my information to post especially since it seemingly will be educating those that don't know how.
I will however let you know who tuned our S280/30%+ Di's when finished

Even if someone does tune for it here add a fuel pump to the cost and you still have dirty valves. I’m outta here. 🌈🌈🌈

felopr

Hi in the UK Collins Performance have the CP5 package that uses
Turbotechnics S280 Turbocharger
30% Bigger Bosch Injectors link https://www.facebook.com/CPNextLeve...er-and-we-can-now-reveal-ou/1592708980861685/
yep, we know.
A couple of the guys in the UK like collins, laird and a couple of guys have done it. I bet Adam from tune+ and Bryan from JST can do it also.
Either way, even if you change the injectors, they are not going to do much, the limiting factor is the HPFP not giving enough pressure at high RPM's
Direct injecton injectors are not the same as port injection injectors, that if you are running out of fuel you just put bigger cc injectors in them.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Even if someone does tune for it here add a fuel pump to the cost and you still have dirty valves. I’m outta here. 🌈🌈🌈
The load on the LPFP is the same whether you go with larger injectors or aux. fuel. My concern would be the HPFP but Collins seems to be running the larger injectors with an S280 without upgrading the HPFP.

I don't put a lot of miles on my FiST and I like the simplicity of just upgrading the injectors. The S280 hits a sweet spot for me in terms of lag vs. power. If I can wring out my current X-47R and have enough headroom for an S280 in the future I might go the injector route.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Either way, even if you change the injectors, they are not going to do much, the limiting factor is the HPFP not giving enough pressure at high RPM's
I haven't heard from anyone exploring the limits of the HPFP. If the choice is larger injectors + larger HPFP vs. aux. fuel I'd lean towards aux. fuel but if the injectors alone provide enough fueling for a hybrid or the S280 then I'm ready to sign up for a simple injector swap.

4 port eliminates the need to upgrade the fuel pump. Injectors without upgrading the fuel pump will put a cap on hp. Dirty valves will still be an issue. 🌈🌈🌈

yep, we know.
A couple of the guys in the UK like collins, laird and a couple of guys have done it. I bet Adam from tune+ and Bryan from JST can do it also.
Direct injecton injectors are not the same as port injection injectors, that if you are running out of fuel you just put bigger cc injectors in them.
The 95lb injectors require an in-tank fuel pump upgrade (Stratified 4 port)

Last edited:

felopr

The 95lb injectors require an in-tank fuel pump upgrade (Stratified 4 port)
this is kinda right and kinda wrong at the same time
you upgrade the in-tank pump because the main point of running the 95lb is for running full e85 all the time, no mixing
if you are running it with pump gas/e30/e50, you go with 50lb or 52lb and you don't upgrade it, period. It has been proven numerous of times.

felopr

I haven't heard from anyone exploring the limits of the HPFP. .
The limits have been proven alot of the time, if you see a dyno graph from a hybrid or a 2860r gen 2 without running aux, you can see starting to lean out from 6k and onwards
That is the hpfp not giving enough pressure.

Stock injectors at max duty cycle crap out at 300 hp at 5200 rpm. Dumping more fuel through the DI system is not a great idea because there is barely enough time to vaporize the fuel with stock injectors 🌈🌈🌈