Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Turpid Porpoise's Track Toy Build

OP
T
Thread Starter #41
After a week of vacation I was able to get a few issues addressed and take a log with my first tune revision. My OEM plastic cold side intercooler pipe was leaking at the joint for the symposer so I ordered I whoosh cold side pipe, welded a TiAL flange on there and installed it along with the whoosh boost tap to replace the extra large ATP boost tap. I also went ahead and installed a TiAL actuator with a 16psi spring installed and here are the results of the first pull. This was at around 23.5psi.

Tune Revision 1 VDyno.jpg

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I was able to finish up the weight reduction today in prep to drop it off to have the rollbar welded in this weekend. Hoping what I’ve removed more than offsets what I add with the bar.
Wow baller, even removed the driver's seat. That's commitment to weight reduction.

Woods247

2000 Post Club
I was gonna do the dry ice trick to remove the sound deadening stuff but decided not to bother. It would be super easy in your car since everything is out though.

OP
T
Thread Starter #50
Wow baller, even removed the driver's seat. That's commitment to weight reduction.
Hahaha, I have the sparcos ready. I’m dropping off for the roll bar install today and my guy will be adding sub belt mounts and lap belt mounts so everything has to be loose so he can take it in and out.

OP
T
Thread Starter #51
I was gonna do the dry ice trick to remove the sound deadening stuff but decided not to bother. It would be super easy in your car since everything is out though.
I did that in my R32 GTR and it was really easy but I read the sound deadening in this car doesn’t come out well with dry ice and it needs heat and a scraper. I may try it eventually and see how it goes.

Last edited:

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Hahaha, I have the sparcos ready. I’m dropping off for the roll bar install today and my guy will be adding sub belt mounts and lap belt mounts so everything has to be loose so he can take it in and out.
Awesome post pictures after. I'm planning on using a heat gun and scraper to do my sound deadening removal. Make sure you remove the little metal clips all around the trunk area, you'll get some minor little rattles associated with those.

OP
T
Thread Starter #53
Been awhile since I check back in here.... The roll bar has been welded in and I just need to mask off the whole interior and paint it. The Sparcos are mounted and fit in the cabin great, although a little snug around the waist(I've probably put on a few lbs). I also went ahead and ordered a Ventus Veloce CF hood to replace my crumpled OEM one and I received shipping notification this morning. I also picked up some Anthracite TD Pro 1.2 wheels in 15x8 with 2 used up NT01s and 2 good NT01s so I'll be replacing two tires and putting them on the car for track days.

I'll snap some pictures of the current status tonight.

Erick_V

Been awhile since I check back in here.... The roll bar has been welded in and I just need to mask off the whole interior and paint it.
Don’t know what you’re planning on using for paint on the inside but I used bed liner. I didn’t want to look at bare scratched up paint and I didn’t have the skill or patience to paint match it lol. Pics don’t show it fully finished but I went just behind the carpet where the rear passenger feet area is. Very happy with the result.

Attachments

OP
T
Thread Starter #56
Don’t know what you’re planning on using for paint on the inside but I used bed liner. I didn’t want to look at bare scratched up paint and I didn’t have the skill or patience to paint match it lol. Pics don’t show it fully finished but I went just behind the carpet where the rear passenger feet area is. Very happy with the result.
I plan on using rustoleum texture black paint. I'm only going to be painting the roll bar/floor plates, my floors are actually in decent shape so I don't intend to paint the floorpan.

OP
T
Thread Starter #57
Well I just found out my first kid is on the way and I won't have time for 2 racecars along with the kid and my other hobbies/responsibilities so unfortunately this little track weapon is going up for sale. I'll make another post later showing the final state of the build with completed pictures for anyone interested.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Well I just found out my first kid is on the way and I won't have time for 2 racecars along with the kid and my other hobbies/responsibilities so unfortunately this little track weapon is going up for sale. I'll make another post later showing the final state of the build with completed pictures for anyone interested.
Noooo! I mean congrats but don't sell the car. Any parts you are looking to sell?

OP
T
Thread Starter #59
Noooo! I mean congrats but don't sell the car. Any parts you are looking to sell?
I may end up selling both of my sparcos with brackets since I still have the full interior laying here and maybe the TD 1.6 wheels. Aside from that everything is going to go with the car.

OP
T
Thread Starter #60
I spent the day yesterday tracking down and eliminating an exhaust leak that I thought was the downpipe-turbo connection but ended up being the turbo-manifold connection. Once that was fixed I took it out for a test run and datalog and here was how it ended up. It was a little wet out but it's still relatively close to what I should actually be making.

Final Tune Revision.1.jpg Final Tune Revision.jpg