Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Tweeters & wiring diagrams

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran

I am looking at doing some more upgrades in my car: Front speakers & amp at this time. I already had a shop clip into the front speaker wires behind the head unit for a sub install. I am looking at severing the speaker wires there for the 4 front speakers and rerouting the signals thru an amp/processor and back thru the wires to some new speakers. My brain is hurting from looking at the wiring diagrams (for sync 2 as I do not have access to a more current manual). If someone could validate what I am thinking it would be great.

1) There are only front speaker wires (2 for each door) running out of the Audio Control Module(ACM) thru the door connectors to the woofers. In the front, the woofer has a built in crossover that runs the signal to the tweeters. Correct?

1577393355874.png

2) There appears to be a mono signal running between the APIM and the ACM. Could this possibly be a subwoofer type signal that is not passed past the ACM? Has anyone tried tying into these wires? It would be prior to being processed for volume by the ACM (I think).

1577393270289.png

3) It looks like all the wires are 20 gauge. If I am looking at some 4ohm 75w RMS speakers, I am thinking that this wire will not cut it: 16 gauge at a bare minimum, 14 more likely. Is this correct?

I feel like I am diving off the deep end here but I don't feel like paying for fortune for somebody else to do this. The physical installation bit doesn't bug me, its just making sure that my plan is solid before I even start.

Thanks.

Last edited: