Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Twin scroll GTX2860

They make these. Solves a few problems and makes more hp and torque especially through midrange rpms. What type of exhaust manifold is the next piece of the puzzle.

slopoke

Probably. The Peron flange type tubular manifold. Not cheap at around 1,300.00.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #4
So I am getting in touch with someone from Garrett through email. I am going to see what it takes to set up a twin scroll and exhaust manifold for the FiST

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well, there is a T3 to v-band adaptor but I'm not sure if that'll place the turbo in a stock-ish place. I don't know how far into the manifold the separator should continue for best performance, but any decent welder (perhaps even I?) could wack the v-band or stock flange off a tubular manifold and attach a divided T3 flange.

Last edited:
OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #6
Well, there is a T3 to v-band adaptor but I'm not sure if that'll place the turbo in a stock-ish place. I don't know how far into the manifold the separator should continue for best performance, but any decent welder (perhaps even I?) could wack the v-band or stock flange off a tubular manifold and attach a divided T3 flange.
That will most likely be the route. I would really like a divided log manifold Cerakoted but...

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That will most likely be the route. I would really like a divided log manifold Cerakoted but...
Well, I'm sure that you could either stack adaptors or have someone weld up a stock flange to T3 adaptor, but I gonna think that you're losing quite a bit of the improvement of a twin scroll by hanging it off of a reworked stock manifold. The guys making big power are doing it with a tubular manifold.

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I just read up on twin scroll turbo chargers. We'd need a completely different manifold to separate 1/3 and 2/4 (or some combination) all the way to the flange. Also, it doesn't look like the twin scroll version of the GTX2860 has a different turbine wheel, so I wonder if it'll offer anything more than just better exhaust scavenging.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #9
V2 cams with a twin scroll would be great for scavenging along with undiluted combustion. That in itself would be worth it to me

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The EB 1.6 firing order is 1342 so you'd want to bundle 14 and 23. I just looked at the Pumaspeed, Full Race, and BP Racing manifolds to see that the runners aren't collected in such a way that a flange swap will do it. Custom manifolds ain't cheap.

OP
MRX330
Thread Starter #11
The EB 1.6 firing order is 1342 so you'd want to bundle 14 and 23. I just looked at the Pumaspeed, Full Race, and BP Racing manifolds to see that the runners aren't collected in such a way that a flange swap will do it. Custom manifolds ain't cheap.
I have been poking around. Twin scroll is the proper way to set up a turbocharged engine without a doubt. I’ll see what Garrett says and see if it’s feasible