Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Two More Gone

I HATE THE COROLLA GR MORE THEN THE FACT THAT WE DON'T HAVE THE YARIS GR

DON'T GIVE ME WATER DOWNED VERSION OF WHAT WE WANT. EFF OFF
I mean the Yaris has been for sale in the US for the longest time as a rebadged Mazda product. As soon as I heard about the Yaris GR, I knew it wasn’t coming here. Toyota hasn’t given a shit about cars in this country for well on 20 years. They aren’t about to inject cash into a segment when other manufacturers like Ford and Chevy are just going to cede it to them.

Granted “ThE sEgMeNt Is ShRiNkInG”, but Ford and Chevy were each grossing close to 500,000 annual sales between their subcompact, compact, midsize, and full-size car offerings. Initial sales data suggests that 70% of those buyers are wanting to remain in a car and not migrate to a crossover from the same manufacturer, which indicates that both Ford and Chevy are shrugging off 350,000 customers because they’d rather lose market share due to “shrinking segments”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I mean the Yaris has been for sale in the US for the longest time as a rebadged Mazda product. As soon as I heard about the Yaris GR, I knew it wasn’t coming here. Toyota hasn’t given a shit about cars in this country for well on 20 years. They aren’t about to inject cash into a segment when other manufacturers like Ford and Chevy are just going to cede it to them.

Granted “ThE sEgMeNt Is ShRiNkInG”, but Ford and Chevy were each grossing close to 500,000 annual sales between their subcompact, compact, midsize, and full-size car offerings. Initial sales data suggests that 70% of those buyers are wanting to remain in a car and not migrate to a crossover from the same manufacturer, which indicates that both Ford and Chevy are shrugging off 350,000 customers because they’d rather lose market share due to “shrinking segments”.

Ford and Chevy have this crazy idea they can somehow convince these car buyers to trade up to SUV’s and CUV’s. They will force a few but I tend to agree in the long run they have gambled and lost. Customers!

Ford and Chevy have this crazy idea they can somehow convince these car buyers to trade up to SUV’s and CUV’s. They will force a few but I tend to agree in the long run they have gambled and lost. Customers!
It’s not even a gamble, one of the ideas behind entry level offerings is to get people interested in buying your products. That way when you can afford a more expensive car, you can stick with the brand that you are familiar with. They may have been losing money on the Focus/Fiesta but I wonder how many future customers they lost by cutting those cars (and their enthusiast versions) out of their lineup... it’ll cost them in the long run. Call me crazy but I don’t see the EcoSport/Escape generating any loyal customers unless there’s a significant portion of the public that buy the first car that they drive and that just happens to be a Ford product.

I HATE THE COROLLA GR MORE THEN THE FACT THAT WE DON'T HAVE THE YARIS GR

DON'T GIVE ME WATER DOWNED VERSION OF WHAT WE WANT. EFF OFF
I'm reserving judgement until I see how it drives. On paper it's a 250+ hp turbo hatchback with a manual. It checks all the right hot hatch boxes.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They seem to be counting on popular peer pressure (an overwhelming desire to be just like everybody else out there), and lemming-think to help them along with that convincing/forcing, and sadly, it seems to be working. [:(]

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I keep getting a sales flyer to Trade in my FiST for a ecosport Se...for only $20 less than what I'm paying now....for another 6 years! I'm so NOT Excited! I'd rather fall down cement stairs than be caught owning one of those!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I keep getting a sales flyer to Trade in my FiST for a ecosport Se...for only $20 less than what I'm paying now....for another 6 years! I'm so NOT Excited! I'd rather fall down cement stairs than be caught owning one of those!

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
Got a mailer today with a $2500 Private cash offer towards a Ford Truck. lol

Almost bought an F-150 instead of the FiST since I have my project Mustang and could use it to haul stuff...that is until the best offer they could give an employee was $26k for a work truck or $28k for a 5.0 regular cab. Would've gone with the 5.0, but I was told they were shipping new trucks for ~$22k and turned out to not be the case.

I've always wanted a Focus ST, but looks like a brand new one isn't going to happen ever. Next in line would be a Mustang, which I kinda wish I went with instead (the 2020's with the digital dash are pretty slick). I ain't buying a cookie-cutter SUV unless I get married and have kids, and that isn't happening for who knows how long.

Almost bought an F-150 instead of the FiST since I have my project Mustang and could use it to haul stuff...that is until the best offer they could give an employee was $26k for a work truck or $28k for a 5.0 regular cab. Would've gone with the 5.0, but I was told they were shipping new trucks for ~$22k and turned out to not be the case.

I've always wanted a Focus ST, but looks like a brand new one isn't going to happen ever. Next in line would be a Mustang, which I kinda wish I went with instead (the 2020's with the digital dash are pretty slick). I ain't buying a cookie-cutter SUV unless I get married and have kids, and that isn't happening for who knows how long.
My thing with digital dashes is they always look terrible within 5-6 years. Go sit in a top trim level FoMoCo product from 2014 like the Fusion... dash looks pretty bad. Meanwhile the two analog gauges in my 2016 S trim level that I traded for the FiST... just looks far more timeless imo.

My thing with digital dashes is they always look terrible within 5-6 years. Go sit in a top trim level FoMoCo product from 2014 like the Fusion... dash looks pretty bad. Meanwhile the two analog gauges in my 2016 S trim level that I traded for the FiST... just looks far more timeless imo.
I can agree with that, even Sync 2 and 3 are looking a bit dated (but still one of the best "affordable" displays on the market IMO). There's not much innovation left for car displays though, besides upping to 4k and less-pixelly displays. Or an entire HUD to replace the cluster instead...that would be dope.

I can agree with that, even Sync 2 and 3 are looking a bit dated (but still one of the best "affordable" displays on the market IMO). There's not much innovation left for car displays though, besides upping to 4k and less-pixelly displays. Or an entire HUD to replace the cluster instead...that would be dope.
I think HUD based has to be the future, getting high res displays to show off a couple of gauges is going to be pricey, for little payoff, at least with a HUD you would t ever have to take your eyes off the road, but heaven forbid you crack your windshield...

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I think HUD based has to be the future, getting high res displays to show off a couple of gauges is going to be pricey, for little payoff, at least with a HUD you would t ever have to take your eyes off the road, but heaven forbid you crack your windshield...
Do they 'play nice' with various shades of tint as well??

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I'd even say that it is one of the best looking hot hatches ever as well, save for that front fascia/bumper clip. [wink] (And I am certainly NO fan of the Nippon Giant!)

I would take that over the CTR any/every day of the week, and 10 times on Sunday!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
^^^I'd even say that it is one of the best looking hot hatches ever as well, save for that front fascia/bumper clip. [wink] (And I am certainly NO fan of the Nippon Giant!)

I would take that over the CTR any/every day of the week, and 10 times on Sunday!
it‘s definitely mean looking like its going to eat you up and spit you out. :ROFLMAO: Oh and yes its better looking than a CTR by a mile. I think CTR’s are like he we phoned in a bad body kit from the late 90’s to drop onto an already bloated looking supposedly small car.

Ford Community Posts