Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Two More Gone

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
That's what I test drove and liked, but the tech package (all options wrapped in one option $3,850) is only available with the A/T ($1,100 more). Total MSRP $29,425 And it's not a full N...goodbye Egt
If you matched it up with a GTI, you had to go for an Autobahn trim to get all the same features, though the GTI would be pushing $35k at that point. You'd be missing ventilated seats on the GTI, and adaptive dampers on the Elantra. But you could get the GTI with a manual and retain all the nice stuff. I think the only thing the Elantra needed to justify its price was a bit more performance.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
and then there is this?

2021 Mazda CX-30 Expected to Get 250-HP Turbo Engine
The Mazda 3–based crossover will reportedly be the latest to get the turbocharged 2.5-liter inline-four also found in the CX-5 and CX-9.

According to CarsDirect, an order guide for the 2021 CX-30 suggests that a 2.5 Turbo model will be added later this year. This follows the addition of this engine to the closely related 2021 Mazda 3; this engine is also found in the 6 sedan and the CX-5 and CX-9 crossovers.

As in those other Mazdas, the 2.5T engine is likely to make 250 horsepower and 320 lb-ft of torque in the CX-30. That'll be a significant power boost over the CX-30's base 2.5-liter inline-four, which makes 186 horsepower. It'll be offered only with all-wheel drive and a six-speed automatic transmission, and will come with a few tweaks including black wheels, a larger exhaust tip, and different badging.

https://www.caranddriver.com/mazda/cx-30

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Not a hatch, but still interesting:

Overview
Now that Hyundai has shown it's serious about legitimate performance cars with the visceral Veloster N, the company looks to make the leap from hot hatches to mid-engine sports cars with the 2023 RM20 N. While the final product is still a few years away, and we have a lot left to learn, our brief encounter with a mid-engine prototype showed us that the Korean automaker isn't just blowing tire smoke up our tailpipes. The production model will undoubtedly be more civil to drive and might develop less horsepower than the prototype's claimed 390 ponies, but it should boast an impressive power-to-weight ratio that could help its performance compete with mid-engine stars such as the Chevy C8 Corvette and Porsche 718 Cayman. We'll keep our ear to the ground while we wait for Hyundai to divulge more details, but here's what we know so far.

What's New for 2023?
Although Hyundai has confirmed that it's developing a mid-engine sports car for production, we have very little concrete information on the final product. We expect that the RM20 N (what we're calling it for now) will be a less extreme version of the RM19 concept car that debuted at the 2019 L.A. auto show. Hyundai has told us the production model is still a couple years away.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Not a hatch, but still interesting:

Overview
Now that Hyundai has shown it's serious about legitimate performance cars with the visceral Veloster N, the company looks to make the leap from hot hatches to mid-engine sports cars with the 2023 RM20 N. While the final product is still a few years away, and we have a lot left to learn, our brief encounter with a mid-engine prototype showed us that the Korean automaker isn't just blowing tire smoke up our tailpipes. The production model will undoubtedly be more civil to drive and might develop less horsepower than the prototype's claimed 390 ponies, but it should boast an impressive power-to-weight ratio that could help its performance compete with mid-engine stars such as the Chevy C8 Corvette and Porsche 718 Cayman. We'll keep our ear to the ground while we wait for Hyundai to divulge more details, but here's what we know so far.

What's New for 2023?
Although Hyundai has confirmed that it's developing a mid-engine sports car for production, we have very little concrete information on the final product. We expect that the RM20 N (what we're calling it for now) will be a less extreme version of the RM19 concept car that debuted at the 2019 L.A. auto show. Hyundai has told us the production model is still a couple years away.
Damn, I hope this comes to fruition without being tamed too much! I've given up on finding a FiST replacement because after driving everything that resembles a performance car under 40k, nothing makes me laugh quite like the fiesta. Bought a second car to DD and relegated the fiesta to weekend joyride duty.

Damn, I hope this comes to fruition without being tamed too much! I've given up on finding a FiST replacement because after driving everything that resembles a performance car under 40k, nothing makes me laugh quite like the fiesta. Bought a second car to DD and relegated the fiesta to weekend joyride duty.
That's what I've found as well. There's nothing else. If something happens to my '16 and I can't find another with Recaros to replace it, I'd probably replace it with VW Golf wagon (Sportwagen/Alltrack), and focus my future energies on my ND2.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
That's what I've found as well. There's nothing else. If something happens to my '16 and I can't find another with Recaros to replace it, I'd probably replace it with VW Golf wagon (Sportwagen/Alltrack), and focus my future energies on my ND2.
ND2 with an additional 50hp might be as fun as the FiST!

ND2 with an additional 50hp might be as fun as the FiST!
I'd say it's already there. :p

The 26 hp and 1,000 RPM bump of the ND2 motor makes me want to wind it out all the time. And it still manages 30+ mpg when I do. I really wish there was something on the horizon that was a worthy replacement for the FiST, but if nothing comes along I won't be lacking for entertainment with the Miata.

It's cool and all, but your second home would be the gas station.
Nah, the person that buys one of those would never drive it. This type of person owns a construction company (or some other kind of blue collar business). They're not going to risk it on a job site, so they take their F-150 King Ranch to work while this stays inside their garage for 90% of the year. They take it out for "special occasions" or domestic car meets, and have actually floored it twice. In ten years or so they'll sell it for less than 50% of its original MSRP, because the type of person that buys this kind of vehicle doesn't buy one used, and nobody else cares.

I don't understand this person, but they're the type that buy vehicles like it.

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
The mighty 770 horsepower V8 will begin at $93,385 MSRP, including a well optioned Ford F-150. The trucks come with a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty. AT least it's TONS better than that obnoxious Harley Davidson GMC pickup for the same price. ugh....hardley davidsons are so overrated...lol

joesiris

so i have read through this thread before, and have asked myself what would i want next. i love my lil car and i am a drive it till its dead kind of guy anyway, but just for s and g's i often thought about what would be next. but with car manufactures producing less cars and more suvs (which is good for my wife and our 4 kids) its really hard getting excited for anything. Then this magazine comes today and just really drives that nail in the coffin. I mean sure if money wasnt a thing an rs audi or small m series bmw would be great but alas i am not one of those. heres hoping that by the time my car does die, there will be something to get all giddy about
20200829_190736_resized.jpg

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
he said Giggidy...
EDIT: I read it so fast, I thought it was giggidy, but I see now he said GIDDY...giggidy sounds better.

Last edited:
so i have read through this thread before, and have asked myself what would i want next. i love my lil car and i am a drive it till its dead kind of guy anyway, but just for s and g's i often thought about what would be next. but with car manufactures producing less cars and more suvs (which is good for my wife and our 4 kids) its really hard getting excited for anything. Then this magazine comes today and just really drives that nail in the coffin. I mean sure if money wasnt a thing an rs audi or small m series bmw would be great but alas i am not one of those. heres hoping that by the time my car does die, there will be something to get all giddy about
View attachment 34087
I mean, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, Hyundai Veloster N. Every reviewer seems to remark that it handles very similarly to the the Fiesta ST but it’s like it came with the engine turned up to 11 from the factory. 27 grand without the front diff and just under 30 with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk