Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ultimate guide for those considering Euro projector headlights - all the basics in one thread!

I placed my order for the Hella pieces last Friday and they were delivered today.

I read that a few people have had lights come in damaged from shipping. I think the seller has since revised the packaging, thankfully. Buy from cars245 with confidence, these things could’ve been shipped via catapult with no damage.

High density foam, bubble wrap, foam around the light, and cardboard around the mounting tabs.

I’ll post some pictures once I get them installed, just waiting on LED bulbs now.

Attachments

Hella OEM headlights
Katana low beams
Aukee high beams

The first picture on the road is low beams only, the second is with the high beams on.

This is easily one of my favorite modifications, it really classes things up. It makes the car appear much less “economy.” The only thing I will note - the Euro bumpers are a tiny bit different than ours, so fitment isn’t flawless. It’s really only noticeable if you look for it, and doesn’t show up in pictures.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hella OEM headlights
Katana low beams
Aukee high beams

The first picture on the road is low beams only, the second is with the high beams on.

This is easily one of my favorite modifications, it really classes things up. It makes the car appear much less “economy.” The only thing I will note - the Euro bumpers are a tiny bit different than ours, so fitment isn’t flawless. It’s really only noticeable if you look for it, and doesn’t show up in pictures.
That is the BEST SCREEN saver I have seen to date in a FiST! I'm JELLY

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Hella OEM headlights
Katana low beams
Aukee high beams

Really? I think you're the only one who has said anything about the Euro lights fitment being off. Whats off about the fitment if you don't mind me asking?

That is the BEST SCREEN saver I have seen to date in a FiST! I'm JELLY
I'm not, Sync 2 is poop lol

depo. its definitely a distance/run time thing. only have it happen when I take it to work

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Same here seems to happen on longer drives too. I have to do more testing but also think having the auto lights on is triggering this. And unfortunately two days on a row now when I arrive to work and lock my car my high led turns on but instead of shutting off after 2 minutes it has stayed on till I go back in the car press the ignition button once and then turn the ignition off exit the car and lock the doors. Super weird but definitively getting worse so now is starting to bother me and would love to fix it. I wonder why no one else is having this issue that has done the full auto led wiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Same here seems to happen on longer drives too. I have to do more testing but also think having the auto lights on is triggering this. And unfortunately two days on a row now when I arrive to work and lock my car my high led turns on but instead of shutting off after 2 minutes it has stayed on till I go back in the car press the ignition button once and then turn the ignition off exit the car and lock the doors. Super weird but definitively getting worse so now is starting to bother me and would love to fix it. I wonder why no one else is having this issue that has done the full auto led wiring.

damn that is strange. I havent had this happen as of yet so I'm hopeful. I did something the other day and it my have just been a glitch so idk but when i parked i got out, closed the door, opened it again, then closed it and locked it and they went off. havent had a chance to replicate it yet tho

HardBoiledEgg

1000 Post Club
What are the correct part numbers for the Hella headlights for us US cars? I see six different part numbers

Really? I think you're the only one who has said anything about the Euro lights fitment being off. Whats off about the fitment if you don't mind me asking?
There is a small gap at the bumper closest to the emblem. Fitment at the hood is perfect, so I’m not too stressed about it.

Attachments

There is a small gap at the bumper closest to the emblem. Fitment at the hood is perfect, so I’m not too stressed about it.
Same here. It's only noticeable when you're looking for it. And I have the depos.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

my bumper sags from the intercooler install so I'm so used to there being gaps there. I've convinced myself it's for more airflow so I feel better

TDavis

1000 Post Club
I don't think its the headlights fitting badly. It looks like your front bumper is suffering from the sag that others have encountered(the gap between the bumper and hood is substantial compared to others)

Do not put anything more than a 7.5A fuse in that F26 slot.
Dan mentioned 5A in his guide, which is perfectly fine of course.
I have a 5a fuse and having the issue of randomly sometimes having the led on in high mode after shutting off the car and locking it

I tried to recreate right now and it won’t do it. So I’m thinking it has something to do with being dark outside and having the auto lights on but will try again tonight and see if I can recreate once it gets dark