Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ultimate guide for those considering Euro projector headlights - all the basics in one thread!

A pin has to be moved and you’ll get the DRL to work, it’s the pin for the parking lights, my DRL is really bright and doesn’t dim. There’s a few videos on YouTube super easy
It is a pity that the BCM of the USA version does not dim the DRLs. It does dim on mine when i switch on the parking lights, my guess is that the BCM is different.

My headlights arrived! Before I open them I want to get all new bulbs. I found it once in this thread and I can’t find it again. What are the best bulbs to get for these headlights? I want to get all the bulbs: headlights, turn signals etc
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is a pity that the BCM of the USA version does not dim the DRLs. It does dim on mine when i switch on the parking lights, my guess is that the BCM is different.
Perhaps the BCM can be reprogrammed using Forscan. I know there are different settings for headlight types and DRL. Maybe that could fix this issue.

Do you have the proper switch (must have the leveling function on the switch)? I also cannot do any wiring connection even with the proper switch because even if we can find out where the leveling pin is we need to connect the wire to the proper pin position on the switch. That is my biggest problem, which pin on the headlight and connect to which pin on the switch.
You’re probably right, but unfortunately the Euro headlight switch is completely different than the US version and will not fit.

My headlights arrived! Before I open them I want to get all new bulbs. I found it once in this thread and I can’t find it again. What are the best bulbs to get for these headlights? I want to get all the bulbs: headlights, turn signals etc
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If the headlight is Euro version then i am pretty sure the low beams use H7 bulbs, the turn signal uses 1156 or BAU15S, the high beam uses H1. There is no parking bulbs because the DRL will serve that function.

For the low beams, if you are going for LEDs, make sure that you have a rubber cap to accommodate the fan from the bulb or if you want you need to cut a hole on your current dust cover.
For the turn signals, make sure you get a high wattage bulb or be sure that they are canbus type or else you will need resistors to prevent it from hyperlflashing.
For the high beams, you need really special type of H1 LED or else it will either not fit or be a nightmare to fit and you will have to force things and might break the holders or other parts in the housing.

Good luck!!

Anyone have any experience with the DEPO
Art-Nr: 431-11B5RMLD-EM

Curious about switching over to a Euro style sometime eventually, wondering if these are worth it for a budget build.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran

Curious about switching over to a Euro style sometime eventually, wondering if these are worth it for a budget build.
Not personally. After reading most of the threads on here about euro lights, some have had good luck with them, some have had issues with the DRL going out, some flickering, broken projector mounts. I think the depos are generally ok but you do have a higher risk of problems over OEM or Hella. Particularly with the discontinued black housing depos.

No experience with DEPO brand, but i would stay away from the TYC brand. All of the TYC ones that i have seen aged badly, from small cracking in the reflectors to cloudy lenses to premature yellowing and even hairline cracking on the lenses.

Hello all, may someone, who have drl high and low modification, make video about, how they work in "auto" position in day time, and when low beams hits? Also when You unlock the car "drl" is shining or not? Thanks in advance.

Without the video i can tell you the following:
1. The DRL if installed and connected properly should always be on whether it is daytime or night.
2. If the parking light is switched on, then the DRL will go dimmer and back to normal brightness when off.
3. For the auto, depending on the car decision to switch the lights on or not, then the DRL will go dim or bright.
4. When unlocking the car, the DRL will be on and in bright mode. Same for locking the car.
Basically the DRL will replace the current parking light function.

Hope this helps.

Without the video i can tell you the following:
1. The DRL if installed and connected properly should always be on whether it is daytime or night.
2. If the parking light is switched on, then the DRL will go dimmer and back to normal brightness when off.
3. For the auto, depending on the car decision to switch the lights on or not, then the DRL will go dim or bright.
4. When unlocking the car, the DRL will be on and in bright mode. Same for locking the car.
Basically the DRL will replace the current parking light function.

Hope this helps.
Thank You. I have car from Canada in Europe. Headlights are changed to euro, and parking lights are on when I lock or unlock the car, so I was curious, how it works after modification. Thank You again, for answer, I will try to change the pins and add one from fuse box. :)

Are there any DRL projector or euro style Fiesta headlights out there with a black housing right now? I have the chrome housing euro headlights currently and was thinking of gifting them to a friend and updating to some new ones with black housings but I can't seem to find any out there. Any leads would be much appreciated!

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Are there any DRL projector or euro style Fiesta headlights out there with a black housing right now? I have the chrome housing euro headlights currently and was thinking of gifting them to a friend and updating to some new ones with black housings but I can't seem to find any out there. Any leads would be much appreciated!
I have seen some postings on Ebay but some looked really odd to me. I think the ones I've seen on there have some sort of aftermarket DRL in them.

Has anyone attempted to build their own with stock US lights? I’m thinking of searching for a pair from a wreck yard and building them like I’ve seen some Euro guys do. I wasn’t sure if there are any preferred projectors out there or a specific size to look for.

just sounds like a fun project and I love the idea of building something custom.

Has anyone attempted to build their own with stock US lights? I’m thinking of searching for a pair from a wreck yard and building them like I’ve seen some Euro guys do. I wasn’t sure if there are any preferred projectors out there or a specific size to look for.

just sounds like a fun project and I love the idea of building something custom.
I've thought of the same thing, it does sound fun. but I know our USDM headlights are very difficult to get open. Hoping for a solution I can purchase that's ready to go.

Erick_V

There’s a guy here somewhere that builds retrofits but for the life of me I can’t remember his name. North Lighting Concepts or something like that

Dpro

6000 Post Club
There were Black Euro replacements at one time but I believe they got discontinued . TYC and Depo being the main ones and those are the cheap brands that are not that good.
Hella is the OEM manufacturer of Ford Euro’s except the Hella‘s you buy as replacements are not stamped Ford unless bought through Ford. Hella is quality too. Harder to get though and more expensive

There were Black Euro replacements at one time but I believe they got discontinued . TYC and Depo being the main ones and those are the cheap brands that are not that good.
Hella is the OEM manufacturer of Ford Euro’s except the Hella‘s you buy as replacements are not stamped Ford unless bought through Ford. Hella is quality too. Harder to get though and more expensive
It's somewhat shocking that there aren't a lot of aftermarket options out there. There's essentially... nothing.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It's somewhat shocking that there aren't a lot of aftermarket options out there. There's essentially... nothing.
Not really there are few things at play here. One is in Europe and the UK the good headlights came stock . So unless damaged no need to change. Two is roughly 35k is the number of FiST’s built and sold here in U.S.
How many of those are putting Euro projector headlights on their car rather the stock ones.? A small percentage overall.

Not enough to warrant an aftermarket company to make Euro projectors for our cars outside of specialty light companies like Clear Corners.com or they on Forum Northern Lights both of which would either use a U.S. base light to work off ( the only way Clearcorners would do it) or buy the cheaper Euro lights from overseas .

I might add if you want cheap replacements of the stock U.S. headlight they are abundant here because they were used on All Fiesta’s here.