Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Ultimate guide for those considering Euro projector headlights - all the basics in one thread!

So what was the conclusion about the orientation of the Auxito H7 bulbs in the headlights. Should the LEDs be at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions or some other position?

Thanks,

George

Bull Run

U.S. Army Veteran
So what was the conclusion about the orientation of the Auxito H7 bulbs in the headlights. Should the LEDs be at the 3 and 9 o'clock positions or some other position?

Thanks,

George
It can be installed in three positions, the correct one is the "middle" one. If the output doesn't look right, just rotate it by 90 degrees.

1677827112263.jpeg

Hey everyone I’m here to resurrect this thread haha I’m dealing with an issue with my passenger side drl randomly turning off mainly when the car is running I’m gonna check pins after work today but I’m pretty confident that it’s secured in the connector I’m gonna try tightening the pin instead and see if that makes a difference I’m wondering if it could be heat related but I’m not too sure what to do. I have depo headlights. Also running car river bulbs off amazon

Last edited:
Does the DRL (randomly) go out only when the headlamps are active?
Driver DRL was flickering when the headlamps were active...
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threa...l-flash-wiper-stop-resolved.29473/post-497022
...result of the fact that the headlamp and DRL share a ground.
That’s definitely what started causing it to turn off I have to switch it to the off position and turn it back on then it will work again for a short while, turns off faster when the car is running maybe because of vibration?

These are led bulbs would that make a big difference? I drive around after work for a bit with the headlights on and they seems to be working fine with the drl, hasn’t went out since this morning.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
These are led bulbs would that make a big difference? I drive around after work for a bit with the headlights on and they seems to be working fine with the drl, hasn’t went out since this morning.
I dont know. I was reading the thread linked by Intuit and in that thread the individuals issue was solved by swapping out to a different set of LEDs.

I had issues in my focus with a cheap set of LEDs and had to add resistors or swap to a slightly more expensive set of LEDs. Ive found that the 40-50 dollar range usually nails it...the cheaper ones around 20 typically arent very happy.

Gotcha thank you guys my problem returned this morning so I ordered a set of katana h7 leds in hopes that will make a difference I also started noticing that flicker this morning just in the passenger side DRL so I’ll be checking my ground again just to make sure it’s good aswell. Driver side has yet to give me any issues which is weird to me since I did the same exact thing. Thanks again for your guys Input.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Gotcha thank you guys my problem returned this morning so I ordered a set of katana h7 leds in hopes that will make a difference I also started noticing that flicker this morning just in the passenger side DRL so I’ll be checking my ground again just to make sure it’s good aswell. Driver side has yet to give me any issues which is weird to me since I did the same exact thing. Thanks again for your guys Input.
Ive seen some older posts about some problems with the older blacked out depos and TYC giving a flickering issue or going out, its why i originally wanted a set of Hellas but I missed the boat on those and grabbed depos myself. Will probably be putting them in sometime in Aug or Sept.

Back once again to revive the thread <3

Anyone had a BCM issue that causes headlight specifically parking light issues such and randomly turning off or getting no voltage when there should be voltage to the wire? I cannot find any shorts or damaged wires I was told by a tech at my work that it could be my BCM but figured I'd try to get some more insight form you guys.
So, when I check my driver side wiring it has 12 volts to the wire that powers the DRL's or the Parking + wire, and on Passenger Side I am getting 0 volts through the wire but when I plugged the connector in the DRL turned on with no issues.
PS: I currently have DEPO Euro Headlights and running into an issue that causes my DRL to turn off randomly. Seems to fix it when unplug the connector and plug it back in until I turn off the car and turn it back on or mess with the manual switch.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Back once again to revive the thread <3

Anyone had a BCM issue that causes headlight specifically parking light issues such and randomly turning off or getting no voltage when there should be voltage to the wire? I cannot find any shorts or damaged wires I was told by a tech at my work that it could be my BCM but figured I'd try to get some more insight form you guys.
So, when I check my driver side wiring it has 12 volts to the wire that powers the DRL's or the Parking + wire, and on Passenger Side I am getting 0 volts through the wire but when I plugged the connector in the DRL turned on with no issues.
PS: I currently have DEPO Euro Headlights and running into an issue that causes my DRL to turn off randomly. Seems to fix it when unplug the connector and plug it back in until I turn off the car and turn it back on or mess with the manual switch.
Try installing the halogen bulbs to see whether the behaviors change at all.
https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/delayed-wipers-turn-signal-flash-wiper-stop-resolved.29473/

Last edited:
Basically no progress made but the drl still turn off with no headlight or brights plugged in not sure what to try next since it’s not getting a bad ground from the headlight.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Don't know whether I mentioned it in the thread but one of my wire harnesses wouldn't fully seat because the green gasket wouldn't seat properly. After several attempts at getting it to latch without using enough force to break something, I elected to remove the gasket/seal in exchange for slathering everything down with dielectric grease. I assume you've checked your contact pins (female and male) already. A straight-pin can be used to pierce wiring insulation and get a reading with a multimeter.

Voltage drop testing can be used to verify connections that have power; including ground. Disconnect battery then use continuity/resistance testing to get a status on connections that should read power but do not. If all the wiring checks out, consider adding back your OEM assemblies before settling on the probability that it's the BCM. You'll have to buy a FORScan license, backup your existing BCM, purchase another identical one (junkyard?), upload the backup from your original. https://www.bing.com/videos/rivervi...476BD66E90F92E5A34FA476BD66E90F9&&FORM=VRDGAR

Basically no progress made but the drl still turn off with no headlight or brights plugged in not sure what to try next since it’s not getting a bad ground from the headlight.
Just noticed this morning that when the passenger side DRL stops working my passenger side running light for the tail light also goes out

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Since this is not going to be quick, may want to start your own thread and post the link in this one.
I should be able to post some circuit diagrams that may (or may not) assist with the investigation.

Ford Community Posts