Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Uncomfortable build

This is my 2016 FiST and was just looking to fill in the gaps since I am a bit confused. Was running the stage 2 Cobb tune for a few months however after the following
-mishimoto catch can
-Cobb motor mounts
-Cobb intake
-Cobb intercooler
-Boomba delete
As of last week I did a muffler and res delete aswell as installed a CNT catless dp.
So my questions are
How healthy/unhealthy is it to run the dp with the deletes ? (Not looking for the worlds fastest FiST just a one that you’ll remember ;) )
Is there a recommended tuner for a set up like this ? (To be fair haven’t seen a set up like this looking through the forums) p.s if there is a tuner recommended I would love to tune the car in a day through a reliable source
Should there be something I should look out for and is there anything that could potentially be concerning with a set up like mine ?
I have been running all I got under the stage 3 on the Cobb which is yes I know not the greatest but I’ll be more than glad to dedicate a day on the road to tune. (Dizzy Freek Stratified etc.)
If anyone could help thank you!
Enjoy the hot shots of my baby

Attachments

OP
VictorSTututu
Thread Starter #3
Catless downpipes with stock turbos lose power. Congratulations now you can pollute 100% of the time AND get the added benefit of less power. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Just sounds like to me you wasted your time here honestly

Erick_V

How healthy/unhealthy is it to run the dp with the deletes?
Is there a recommended tuner for a set up like this? (To be fair haven’t seen a set up like this looking through the forums) p.s if there is a tuner recommended I would love to tune the car in a day through a reliable source
Should there be something I should look out for and is there anything that could potentially be concerning with a set up like mine ?
I have been running all I got under the stage 3 on the Cobb which is yes I know not the greatest but I’ll be more than glad to dedicate a day on the road to tune. (Dizzy Freek Stratified etc.)
I haven't seen very many if anyone running Freektune, on this platform at least. I have Stratified and have no complaints but I'm going to give Jason at Dizzy Tuning a shot here soon. Plenty of setups like yours, you'll be fine with stage 3 until you find the tuner you want. Also, I've been catted, then catless and then catted again on the stock turbo. You lost a little power, not much but some for sure. I personally don't mind the smell but I'm not going catless again until I swap turbos and by then my FiST won't see much road use anymore. If you have E85 close to you run and and don't look back. I love those wheels (y)(y)

the duke

we have factory 800+hp cars that meet current emission, C02, and particulate requirements, with factory warranties.

There is no valid excuse to not run a Catalytic Converter. You will not see a power loss, or any that is appreciatively different.

SrsBsns

If you're just running bolt ons, Dizzy or Stratified are definitely the way to go. There are tons of people here running similar mods to yours.

I have a pretty similar setup. Green filter, plugs, RMM (and upper mounts), Depo FMIC, symposer delete, cat-back exhaust.

I went with Stratified and I'm very happy with my tune. When I got it, I gave them the list of mods I had done and they sent me my tune.

I ran catless on my M3 for a long time (when it was still cool) and so I can't give you crap for not running one now, but everything that I've read shows that it doesn't really do anything, especially if you're on the stock turbo.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
No, I'm just smart enough to know power increases and emissions compliance are NOT mutually exclusive. I tested cars for Motor Trend for years and the Bugatti Veyron I tested had 1001 hp from the factory and ran 10's in the quarter mile but was still emissions compliant. Adam at Tune Plus has dyno tests that prove catless on stock turbo in a FiST loses power so it's not words, it facts. You're just stuck with old school thinking that catalytics somehow take away huge power and they don't. It's not worth polluting 100% of the time even if you gained 10hp which you would never miss or need for a street driven vehicle.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited: