Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Here it is! The moment all of us Sync3 owners have been waiting for. Read below to download the correct version of the update to go from v1.0 to v2.2.

To perform update, you will need a flash drive formatted in "exFAT" or "Fat32" format at least 4GB in size. Both files have "read-me" files with specifics of how to prep the flash drive.

Apple CarPlay will require an updated USB hub to work. USB hub part number GJ7Z-19A387-B. The hub is not required for the update but Apple CarPlay will NOT work until you switch to the updated hub.

FILES ARE COMPATIBLE WITH NORTH AMERICAN VEHICLES ONLY. DO NOT INSTALL ON UNITS WITH SOFTWARE HIGHER THAN VERSION 1.0/1.1

Download link for navigation units, read-me in zip file (total size 1.6 GB)
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=wvQm&id=0ByldYbWwjAf4VXpfdnVNNlVjdzg

Download link for non-navigation unit, read-me in zip file, TWO PART INSTALL READ CAREFULLY(total size 2.15GB)
https://docs.google.com/uc?export=download&confirm=IKl5&id=0ByldYbWwjAf4WUYyT2l0Zkl3S28

CREDIT GOES TO jm061 from F150Forum.com. You can buy Jason a beer by sending donations to jason@fordpimods.com via PayPal. Please DO NOT send Jason any emails as he doesn't check it.

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SOFTWARE/RADIO ISSUES.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #2
I just confirmed it works, in my case it loads then states "available for navigation units only."

So if you have nav have at it!

Damn you Wall... I have nav and might try this...but I don't want to brick my Sync 3. Do you have a link to the fusion forum thread? I want to see if anyone has had any problems.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
I got it from the F150Forum, it's worked on there for everyone and the Fusion forum. It worked for me until it told me I didn't have nav and that it wasn't compatible with my unit.

Supposedly non-nav version will be available in a few hours.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Anxious to see the results. It will take 15-20 minutes to load the update, plug the USB into the port and turn the radio on, it will start to download the update. It's recommended to have the car running while doing the update.

Got it! Works great with Amazon music and Google maps!
Just got it installed, took about 17 minutes, then I shut off the car (didn't actually start the engine though) and let it sit for 5 then started it and let it do its final piece for about 2 minutes. Nav works, audio apps works!

Got it! Works great with Amazon music and Google maps!
Just got it installed, took about 17 minutes, then I shut off the car (didn't actually start the engine though) and let it sit for 5 then started it and let it do its final piece for about 2 minutes. Nav works, audio apps works!
Can you clarify, are those Sync3 app integrations or CarPlay or Android Auto apps you have working?

I'm reading back through that F-150 Forum post and it sounds like some people (at least some F-150's) already have the correct USB modules from the factory for CarPlay.

Can you clarify, are those Sync3 app integrations or CarPlay or Android Auto apps you have working?

I'm reading back through that F-150 Forum post and it sounds like some people (at least some F-150's) already have the correct USB modules from the factory for CarPlay.
Android Auto apps. As far as the USB module, I wonder if it's much more than just a USB power "amplifier" since I believe the stock system puts out <1 amp

Looks like the replacement hub is available on a few online OEM parts retailers. I emailed one of my local dealers to see if they can get it easily.

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
If you have successfully updated and would like to say thanks, you can buy Jason a beer by sending any money you can as donation to jason@fordpimods.com. His work here is much appreciated!

Awesome! I can't wait to get home tomorrow morning and try this on my FoRS. There's a bunch of guys eagerly anticipating this sideload.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OffTheWall503

OffTheWall503

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #20
It is required to use the Apple CarPlay feature. As far as what is actually different, I don't think we know really.