Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Update Sync3 to v2.2 for navigation and non-navigation units - AndroidAuto and AppleCarPlay (download links inside)

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Sounds like you have a non-nav unit. 'Space' was one of the issues. It's too much to read through but there was something about having to load the update in two parts. I think someone else did post about some steps they took in order to recover; and while I don't remember any of the details, I do remember thinking those steps were pretty involved...

For anyone with a non-nav (like myself), I recommend leaving well-enough alone. Don't recall whether I have 2.0, 2.1 or 2.2... but the flakiness of updating to that even, taking an extremely long time and a few attempts, resulting with some temporary malfunctions, let me know to leave any future updates alone. Brick risk is too high.

I have a 2016 FiST with Sync 3 v1.0. I have done some more looking and found a v2.2 trough a f150 forum and tried that, now I am getting an error stating that I have run out of space or the install doesnt work with my version.
Dustin W.
Acool from the f150 forum pretty much solved the problem of running out of memory when updating the non-nav Sync3. You should download the nav and non-nav files. Modify the nav file so it installs only the voice file, this should free up enough space to complete the rest of the update - which you would do by installing the non-nav files.

https://www.f150forum.com/f118/sync-3-technical-discussion-399837/?ispreloading=1

Good luck.

DEss

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Many companies moved away from Microsoft, only to find out this wasn't as easy (or cheap) as they thought. Can't blame them for trying though. Responsibility, is the price to be paid for control.

I appreciate the responses, I kept trying the ford update and it looked like it was working, said it updated then went out today, and still v1.0 :(
It might be helpful to know exactly what you tried.

DEss

All of the Sync 3 v2.2 files seem to be 404 or missing on all of the hosted links I try. Does anyone have them or an updated link? Nav model specifically.

Trying to get to v3 from v1.