Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgrade advice for 2014 FiST EDIT: Loving my new mods

OP
D
Thread Starter #21
From everything I've read, with the s280 and everything else, I should have around 375hp at the crank, and 300-315hp at the wheels.

Assuming I can get adequate traction, any reason I shouldn't be able to do 0-60 in under 5s?

CSM

1000 Post Club
From everything I've read, with the s280 and everything else, I should have around 375hp at the crank, and 300-315hp at the wheels.

Assuming I can get adequate traction, any reason I shouldn't be able to do 0-60 in under 5s?
I believe you need auxiliary fuel to break over the 300whp mark on 93.

Maybe I'm a shitty driver, but I've only been able to get into high 5's on my setup the few times I played around with that setting in the COBB AP. This was before I got my LSD installed.

Did you get your tune already? If you have FB, I'd suggest joining the New England RS/ST page to find some reputable shops that are more familiar with our cars and can do custom tunes with the Cobb Accessport.

OP
D
Thread Starter #24
Did you get your tune already? If you have FB, I'd suggest joining the New England RS/ST page to find some reputable shops that are more familiar with our cars and can do custom tunes with the Cobb Accessport.
I already bought the unlimited tune package from Tune Plus.

OP
D
Thread Starter #26
okay so I just got all of the modifications listed in my signature below done over the last two weeks, and I got it back from having the spark plugs, s280, and new clutch yesterday.

I went for a long drive today just taking it easy, and after about a hundred miles my check engine light came on and according to my Cobb tuner it's p0420 which has something to do with oxygen levels in the catalytic converters.

Any idea what might have caused this? I have a catted downpipe.

CSM

1000 Post Club
okay so I just got all of the modifications listed in my signature below done over the last two weeks, and I got it back from having the spark plugs, s280, and new clutch yesterday.

I went for a long drive today just taking it easy, and after about a hundred miles my check engine light came on and according to my Cobb tuner it's p0420 which has something to do with oxygen levels in the catalytic converters.

Any idea what might have caused this? I have a catted downpipe.
High flow cats can still trip that code

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Enjoy the boost - that's a heck of a package you've got! Makes car a phenomenal driving experience without drastically changing it's nature (ie big turbo, lotsa lag, high / target horsepower builds).

Look at more tire now! Gotta put that power down to the ground.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Enjoy the boost - that's a heck of a package you've got! Makes car a phenomenal driving experience without drastically changing it's nature (ie big turbo, lotsa lag, high / target horsepower builds).

Yup wider wheels more Rubber! 16x8 or 17x8. I am glad I had the RS Pro’s on the car when my S280 was installed and tuned. lol

OP
D
Thread Starter #31

I looked into going up to 225/45R15 tires but I was under the impression they are too wide to fit.

So instead when I take the winter tires off in the spring, my plan was 215 width tires with aggressive 200 treadware rating, specifically Falken Azenis RT660, and then the Wavetrac Limited Slip Differential.

CSM

1000 Post Club
I looked into going up to 225/45R15 tires but I was under the impression they are too wide to fit.

So instead when I take the winter tires off in the spring, my plan was 215 width tires with aggressive 200 treadware rating, specifically Falken Azenis RT660, and then the Wavetrac Limited Slip Differential.
I'm going 225/45/15 next season for autocross. Will probably roll fenders too, but should be able to squeeze in there.

You can clear the code - it wont harm anything. No solution that I know of apart from a defouler.

High flow cats flow so well they trip the code. It seems to be hit or miss depending on the car.

OP
D
Thread Starter #33
Another question: I had the intake, exhaust, and new intercooler installed before doing the turbo. For about a week I was running the stock turbo, and it was much louder with the blow-off sound. Now with the s280, I have the Go Fast Bits diverter valve installed, and the blowoff sound is basically completely gone. Is this normal?

OP
D
Thread Starter #34
I'm going 225/45/15 next season for autocross. Will probably roll fenders too, but should be able to squeeze in there.

You can clear the code - it wont harm anything. No solution that I know of apart from a defouler.

High flow cats flow so well they trip the code. It seems to be hit or miss depending on the car.
Thanks for the info!

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club

LSD is a 'necessary' upgrade when going with an upgraded turbo - shit, even a stock turbo car would benefit from it (they're now available as a factory option in the MK8).

I rock 225/45R17 and had to roll and pull fenders - rear was easy, front was / is a pain in the butt. Lotsa trimming... But really, they can fit and if you have some negative camber tossed in (-1.5 to -2.5) the fronts become easier to stuff.

Last edited:

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^I believe that you meant to say that a limited slip is NOW available as a factory option (I though it was STANDARD on them myself [dunno]) on the Brit/Euro/rest of world, Mk8 FiSTs, correct??

OP
D
Thread Starter #38
I rock 225/45R17 and had to roll and pull fenders - rear was easy, front was / is a pain in the butt. Lotsa trimming... But really, they can fit and if you have some negative camber tossed in (-1.5 to -2.5) the fronts become easier to stuff..
Do you think I would need to do all this for 225/45/15s? Yours are 25" tall, on the 15s they are only 23" which is actually a little smaller than stock tires at 23.5."

My main worry was the width going from 8.1" wide to 8.9" wide.