Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgraded from non-NAV Sync 2 MyFordTouch to Sync 3 NAV - lost GPS

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
I have a 2015 FiST that came with Sync 2 MFT, non-NAV. A week ago, I installed a Sync 3 screen+APIM from a 2016 donor; the unit I got is a NAV unit. It is a simple remove and replace, but now I don't have a GPS signal. The 2015 MFT has the sensor as it would show longitude and lattitude when you asked it "Where am I".

I am wondering if the sensor for the Sync 3 is different somehow from the Sync 2 - in that if you don't have the "correct one", there is no GPS information at all? The part number for the "aerial antenna" is BE8Z-10E893-A, which I assume fits both 2015 and 2016? Having said this, apparently there is a BE8Z-10E893-C, so I am not so sure about that.

I pulled the cover from the windshield sensor and the markings on the module say DE8T 19H463 DA; googling yields a few hits with the last two letters varying...

It's just annoying to see on half of the screen the map showing me that I am immobile somewhere in Maryland, whereas I am doing spiriting driving in Houston TX. (I can certainly just use Android Auto for navigation, which was the primary driver for the switch, but my anal nature doesn't allow me to let go...)

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Sync 3 needs a new gps receiver.

Something like https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006AKVX2S#Ask

Should work
I have bought one of these. Doesn't work though. Wouldn't Sync 3 use the same antenna as Sync 2 - the one that's attached to the windshield? After all, the Sync 2 harness works fine with Sync 3 APIM.

Do all Syn 3 have these antennas?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
I have bought one of these. Doesn't work though. Wouldn't Sync 3 use the same antenna as Sync 2 - the one that's attached to the windshield? After all, the Sync 2 harness works fine with Sync 3 APIM.

Do all Syn 3 have these antennas?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
No the Sync 2 antenna won't work, you need the new one, then you should be fine.

OP
maestromaestro

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
Never get on a person for bringing posts back from the dead.

Just means they used the search function! Something to be encouraged!

Glad you got your GPS signal sorted!
Chill. Nobody is getting on anybody. Correction: you're getting on me, which is not very Canadian of you.

Never get on a person for bringing posts back from the dead.

Just means they used the search function! Something to be encouraged!

Glad you got your GPS signal sorted!
“Space travel is impossible”! Some guy in 1922. “No it’s not” Some guy in 2019. Dates are important.