Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Upgraded Silicone hoses???

Hello All,

I have been doing some research on upgrading hoses in our cars and would like to get some feedback and your experience. From what I understand there is an upgraded silicone intercooler boost hose kit, radiator coolant hose kit and then the induction hose kit. Are any of these needed, suggested and provide any performance benefit or really any benefit at all? I am running stock turbo, plus a Mountune tune and Mountune intercooler. From what I gather, seems like only the induction hose is worth upgrading. Appreciate the help as I am not looking to change / upgrade just because but rather because the vehicle needs it as the OEM parts aren’t quality enough, it will increase performance and or provide a better overall driving experience that are both noticeable.

I upgraded mine with the kit from Whoosh , they're a lot more stiff and don't swell up like the oem hoses do. And I did it because sooner or later I'll end up with a better intercooler since I still have the stock. And I got the radiator hose kit too just haven't got around to putting those on yet.

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #3
Anyone else have any thoughts, experience or insight on the silicone hose kits for our cars? Would be greatly appreciated

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #4
I upgraded mine with the kit from Whoosh , they're a lot more stiff and don't swell up like the oem hoses do. And I did it because sooner or later I'll end up with a better intercooler since I still have the stock. And I got the radiator hose kit too just haven't got around to putting those on yet.
Thanks for the feedback brother, did you have to remove your front bumper to install the intercooler boost hose kit? Also when you do the radiator hose kit, will you have to remove the front bumper for that? Or can both these hose kits be installed without removing the front bumper?

Zormecteon

I have the silicone hose upgrade kit installed and have had it for about 50,000 miles. I'm glad I did it as I will never have to concern myself with blowing ANY hose under the hood.
Does it improve performance? Not in any measurable way. Does it make me feel good? Yes. I'm glad it's DONE. By the way, the installer told me that they are exact fit. If you decide to do it, make sure to get the special hose clamps. Otherwise you run the risk of tearing the hose.

Thanks for the feedback brother, did you have to remove your front bumper to install the intercooler boost hose kit? Also when you do the radiator hose kit, will you have to remove the front bumper for that? Or can both these hose kits be installed without removing the front bumper?

For the boost hose kit ,I didn't have to take the bumper off. I will say it's a tight fit but I used some silicone spray and the hoses slid right on . As far as the coolant hoses , I've not gotta a chance to even check on that yet because of mainly work being so time consuming lately . But the boost hoses I used a 1/4 racket and got them almost to the point where I thought I would strip the worm gear and stopped .

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #7
I have the silicone hose upgrade kit installed and have had it for about 50,000 miles. I'm glad I did it as I will never have to concern myself with blowing ANY hose under the hood.
Does it improve performance? Not in any measurable way. Does it make me feel good? Yes. I'm glad it's DONE. By the way, the installer told me that they are exact fit. If you decide to do it, make sure to get the special hose clamps. Otherwise you run the risk of tearing the hose.
Appreciate the feedback, you have the Mountune silicone hose kit for both? You mentioned special hose clamps, where can I purchase them? Which type of clamps are theses and are there different sizes for each of the hoses? If I do the silicone hose upgrade, would like to make sure I also get the correct clamps and sizes.

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #8
For the boost hose kit ,I didn't have to take the bumper off. I will say it's a tight fit but I used some silicone spray and the hoses slid right on . As far as the coolant hoses , I've not gotta a chance to even check on that yet because of mainly work being so time consuming lately . But the boost hoses I used a 1/4 racket and got them almost to the point where I thought I would strip the worm gear and stopped .
Thanks bro, makes sense

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
Appreciate the feedback, you have the Mountune silicone hose kit for both? You mentioned special hose clamps, where can I purchase them? Which type of clamps are theses and are there different sizes for each of the hoses? If I do the silicone hose upgrade, would like to make sure I also get the correct clamps and sizes.
The Mountune Intercooler Hose kit comes with the clamps.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Zormecteon

If I do the silicone hose upgrade, would like to make sure I also get the correct clamps and sizes.
I'm not sure they're in the kit if you just order the hoses but they are the ones recommended by mountune. Just don't forget to make sure you get them.

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
our silicone boost hose kit comes with FREE hot side j-pipe upgrade ($80 value)
simply use the drop down to add the proper lined clamps to your order
boost hoses aren't typically a power modification
they are added to reduce stock hose swell/ballooning and hose blow off when running higher than stock boost pressures
our hoses are multi-layer lined high quality silicone available in tons of great colors.
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...2014-intercooler-boost-hose-kit-free-shipping

the same set up from Mountune boost hose, clamps, hot side j-pipe is $418

our price $189.99 (use your forum discount takes it to $180.49) with FREE SHIPPING

even with the holiday discount at Mountune the savings is over $150 through whoosh

OP
DaveZtoA
Thread Starter #13
our silicone boost hose kit comes with FREE hot side j-pipe upgrade ($80 value)
simply use the drop down to add the proper lined clamps to your order
boost hoses aren't typically a power modification
they are added to reduce stock hose swell/ballooning and hose blow off when running higher than stock boost pressures
our hoses are multi-layer lined high quality silicone available in tons of great colors.
https://whoosh-motorsports.myshopif...2014-intercooler-boost-hose-kit-free-shipping

the same set up from Mountune boost hose, clamps, hot side j-pipe is $418

our price $189.99 (use your forum discount takes it to $180.49) with FREE SHIPPING

even with the holiday discount at Mountune the savings is over $150 through whoosh
Thanks Ron, appreciate it.