Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Used dual mass flywheel

I’m replacing my transmission and I’m looking to replace the flywheel and clutch while doing so since my car has 101,000 miles. However the cost of a new flywheel is outrageous. Would this used one I found be usable? It has 25,000 miles on it

Attachments

Hard to say from the photo, depends on how much the second mass deflects rotationally and in/out of the plane. IIRC there are specific tolerance numbers.

Dialcaliper

I’m replacing my transmission and I’m looking to replace the flywheel and clutch while doing so since my car has 101,000 miles. However the cost of a new flywheel is outrageous. Would this used one I found be usable? It has 25,000 miles on it
I’d say borderline but probably usable. A couple tiny burn spots but not terrible. As long as it’s still got a flat surface it’s probably usable.

Are you looking at purchasing this used flywheel? Verify with the seller that the flywheel was removed from a car with a functioning (not slipping) clutch. If the car was fine at 25k miles (ie, it’s from a wrecked car) it’s probably fine, but if it was removed specifically for replacement of a slipping clutch, I’d be worried (especially if the clutch was burned out and replaced after only 25k!)

Platinum Driveline FW727.
The catalog on their website has the same part number for the n/a and turbo 1.6l. Is that correct?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Platinum Driveline FW727.
The catalog on their website has the same part number for the n/a and turbo 1.6l. Is that correct?
No* The non ST has a Ib5 5 spd Transmission. The ST has an Ib6 6 spd Trans. The Slave cyl they show is for a 5 spd*

Necroing this - for a normal clutch replacement at 43k miles, is the DMF necessary to replace?

Does the OEM kit off Whoosh work for a simple clutch replacement?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Necroing this - for a normal clutch replacement at 43k miles, is the DMF necessary to replace?

Does the OEM kit off Whoosh work for a simple clutch replacement?
Need to inspect for wear...But @ 43k it should be fine unless you use it as a 1/4 mile drag car. Post pictures after its out.