Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

V_2's Green Machine

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #61
congrats, glad to see you still in the game. now to get that DHM turbo kit back!
No doubt! I think that's going to be next weekend's project. My DHM intercooler should be here too by the time I break the engine in.

The dealer offers a lifetime powertrain warranty...shame I'm going to void that before I hit 10k miles.

koozy

3000 Post Club
No doubt! I think that's going to be next weekend's project. My DHM intercooler should be here too by the time I break the engine in.

The dealer offers a lifetime powertrain warranty...shame I'm going to void that before I hit 10k miles.
ha, I should be getting my race intercooler too this coming week. I think we ordered about the same time ~June. I just did the swap back to stock turbo set up last weekend to take care of a ticket and it's easier the second time around.

Still working on that. Waiting for a payoff offer from their insurance before I go get the parts. Once that's settled I'll hopefully be closer to 100% physically and can start yanking parts off.
Okay, I hope you get well soon and are able to get everything you want off the old cars congrats on the 2016 MO btw.

+3 for race IC from DHM ordered same time as you guys. Good luck getting your stuff back I'm not sure how it works but I would be afraid of people picking it (your car) apart already. Sucks to have a GE off the roads! But MO is the other tri-coat paint so nice switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #65
+3 for race IC from DHM ordered same time as you guys. Good luck getting your stuff back I'm not sure how it works but I would be afraid of people picking it (your car) apart already. Sucks to have a GE off the roads! But MO is the other tri-coat paint so nice switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The car is still at the repair shop and cannot be moved or touched by anyone that isn't me or the shop without first getting my permission. They're cool people and are sympathetic to my situation.

koozy

3000 Post Club
The car is still at the repair shop and cannot be moved or touched by anyone that isn't me or the shop without first getting my permission. They're cool people and are sympathetic to my situation.
curious how that works as well. the car has been in a front end wreck where something could just fall off, is the shop willing to let you lift the car and put themselves in jeopardy if something happens while you work under the car on their property? seems like a liability for them.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #67
curious how that works as well. the car has been in a front end wreck where something could just fall off, is the shop willing to let you lift the car and put themselves in jeopardy if something happens while you work under the car on their property? seems like a liability for them.
They don't seem too worried about that, I guess. I went over all the parts I plan to remove and the owner's response has been "as long as it can roll out of here, swap what you need to". He said it's actually a pretty common thing around here. Lots of modded vehicles, mainly trucks and jeeps, and nobody knows about insurance riders for modifications. I know I didn't know of such a thing!

koozy

3000 Post Club
They don't seem too worried about that, I guess. I went over all the parts I plan to remove and the owner's response has been "as long as it can roll out of here, swap what you need to". He said it's actually a pretty common thing around here. Lots of modded vehicles, mainly trucks and jeeps, and nobody knows about insurance riders for modifications. I know I didn't know of such a thing!
lucky you with having a cool shop to work with!

hmm... I should also look into an insurance rider for mods, seems like a good idea because my DHM parts are like gold! [biggrin]

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #69
I went OEM part shopping at the pull a part this morning. Was able to find a full suspension setup from a few non-ST fiestas they had and some wheels off an older focus.

I think the only parts I won't be able to salvage (or at least have any reason to take with me) are the broken front end pieces: FMIC, hood, splitter, and Cobb intake/RMM.

I'm going to be swapping as much as I can this Saturday, but I only have a 3 hour window. I hope to at least have the quick spool kit off in that time. Also just got a call from the dealer saying the MO arrived today. Just have to wait for the payoff to go through on the GE loan before I can pick it up.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #70
Well, I ran out of time at the shop today, but I plan to get the rest of the parts off during the week.

I got the downpipe, exhaust, wilwoods, wheels, and coilovers so far. Just need to get the turbo and manifold pulled and good to go.

koozy

3000 Post Club
i probably would have tackled the turbo kit first, just because it's the most expensive and harder to get again (build time) than the rest of the stuff. great they're letting you go back to get more stuff. once the cowls are out of the way just take the wastegate off, disconnect the fluid lines, drop the turbo and pull the manifold from the top.

koozy

3000 Post Club
was going to remind you to uninstall the Accessport, cause that big turbo tune will wreck havoc for the next guy who uses that ECU especially with a stock turbo set up and remembered you said the battery cables were cut. uninstall and salvage your Accessport so you can use it with you '16! [wrenchin]

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #73
Turbo was the first thing I went for but then I noticed I left my 1/4 sockets at home and my 12mm wrench. I was able to get the exhaust vband off by using my crescent wrench but everything else will have to wait.

Definitely no way im getting to the ECU, haha! I emailed cobb about clearing the license and they are going to do it for $40...yikes!

Oh yeah, and the DHM hot side charge pipe is bent at the front coupler...gonna have to get that replaced unfortunately.

koozy

3000 Post Club
Turbo was the first thing I went for but then I noticed I left my 1/4 sockets at home and my 12mm wrench. I was able to get the exhaust vband off by using my crescent wrench but everything else will have to wait.

Definitely no way im getting to the ECU, haha! I emailed cobb about clearing the license and they are going to do it for $40...yikes!

Oh yeah, and the DHM hot side charge pipe is bent at the front coupler...gonna have to get that replaced unfortunately.
depending on how bad and where the pipe is bent you may be able to salvage it. I was able to fix mine which had been crushed by the t-bolt clamps with a tail pipe expander. can't even tell and the pipe looks like new. tool is free for loan at Autozone or inexpensive at http://www.harborfreight.com/medium-tail-pipe-expander-69548.html

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #75
Thanks, I'll have to try that. Won't hurt anything at least.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
depending on how bad and where the pipe is bent you may be able to salvage it. I was able to fix mine which had been crushed by the t-bolt clamps with a tail pipe expander. can't even tell and the pipe looks like new. tool is free for loan at Autozone or inexpensive at http://www.harborfreight.com/medium-tail-pipe-expander-69548.html
What are we supposed to torque those (t-bolt clamps) to in order to make sure this does not happen?

I plan to use a t-bolt everywhere I can on this car, instead of the weak worm gear deals. ;)

koozy

3000 Post Club
What are we supposed to torque those (t-bolt clamps) to in order to make sure this does not happen?

I plan to use a t-bolt everywhere I can on this car, instead of the weak worm gear deals. ;)
I knowingly over torqued it, but I didn't realize I was crushing the pipe. I think if the pipe was steel it would have faired better, but aluminum pipes are soft, so restraint must be used. T-bolt clamps do such a great job that they really don't need much torque at all. Once you can see and feel that the clamp is on there pretty snug, stop.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #79
Alright, this is how I left the car today. All performance parts are pulled. And only the driver front coilover needs repair. I think I can buy a replacement lower mount from BC for $75.

Now I have all these parts waiting to go on the new car.

koozy

3000 Post Club
good job! yeah that charge pipe looks really crushed at the coupler end, not sure you can repair it without cutting and welding. did you bolt on the stock turbo back on the car? I see a manifold gasket there! LOL

or they don't care if it's mechanically operable because they're going to total it?