Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

V_2's Green Machine

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #81
good job! yeah that charge pipe looks really crushed at the end, not sure you can repair it without cutting and welding. did you bolt on the stock turbo back on the car? I see a manifold gasket there! LOL
Everything is hand tight ;)

I forgot to bring the stock turbo and DP with me. Guess I'll hang on to those unless they call me looking for them.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #83
The insurance company sent the payoff check to my credit union yesterday and I have an equity check waiting for me that should cover replacing my wheel and some misc parts. Once I get all of my medical bills I'll be able to contact the adjuster again regarding my injury settlement. I will say that, so far, Farm Bureau is great to deal with as a victim. They have been more helpful than my own insurance company.

I'll be taking delivery on the MO tomorrow afternoon after work. It's getting permaplate treatment this morning (dealer threw it in). So I guess I'll be starting a new build thread soon!

No, it's just pretty much a normal sealant that they market as something it is not. Alot of dealers throw it in for free, but want to charge you to have the warranty for it. If it wasn't cheap, they wouldn't throw it in for cheap.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #86
No, it's just pretty much a normal sealant that they market as something it is not. Alot of dealers throw it in for free, but want to charge you to have the warranty for it. If it wasn't cheap, they wouldn't throw it in for cheap.
Right, just another way to put more money in the dealer's pocket...like dent protection, window tinting, etc.) From what I've read it's just a (nice) sealant for the exterior paint and basically scotchgard for the interior. It does have a 7 year warranty against clear coat delamination and interior stains though. It also warranties the leather from drying out, apparently. I'm sure the warranty involves me using their product every 6 months, which is probably grossly overpriced. The care and maintenance paperwork basically advises the owner to maintain the paint meticulously and the same results would be obtained using any other proper care method. I think the dealer cost would have been about $1000 had I paid for it.

They were also happy to tint my windows for ~$300. I said no thanks, I'll take it to the local guy who will do it for half that much and probably use a better quality film. I'll give them credit though, they weren't pushy about any of the products/services, but I'm sure plenty of folks fall for the BS claims.

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #88
Mandatory new ride pic!

I ordered the replacement lower mount for the driver front coilover, should be shipping in 2-3 weeks. My new wheel should be here Monday.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is that a left over '15, or a '16??

I ask since I am wondering how you got Rado color wheels with the red painted calipers on a '16? [dunno]

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #90
Is that a left over '15, or a '16??

I ask since I am wondering how you got Rado color wheels with the red painted calipers on a '16? [dunno]
It's a '16. I lucked out on options and this was at a dealer in IN.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^OK, I just thought that in order to get the red calipers one HAD TO take the black painted wheels at the same time (on the '16s).

^^^OK, I just thought that in order to get the red calipers one HAD TO take the black painted wheels at the same time (on the '16s).
I believe all the 16's come with the red calipers as standard. Mine is a base ST and had the red calipers with the rado wheels as well

I have the Rado wheels on my 16 FiST and it's definitely not red. It could be regional (ie Canada). I believe in the US, to get the red calipers, you have to get the black rims for the 16 models.

I believe all the 16's come with the red calipers as standard. Mine is a base ST and had the red calipers with the rado wheels as well

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I will see when my ordered '16 shows up, since I opted for the now standard Rado wheels.

Some on this site were mentioning that some of the late '15s/early '16s were showing up with the red calipers because of a snafu at the plant, and also that the people/dealers who ordered the black wheels were getting the bare silver calipers, so who knows? [dunno]

OP
V_2

V_2

Thread Starter #99
Yeah, they added sales tax to the old car's value in the property settlement. Only way I was able to get equity back from that part.